9 D'Men & 9 Fwds (G'Certs) $185m... Topic

& yes, A-Dad... U will regret losing play-off positioning should U
have an illegal roster, once the season's underway...

But, it's like that in ALL other leagues, as well...

All's good, & thanx 4 your interest here...'Good-Luck' ahead !!!...
7/13/2017 12:35 PM
Blair, with relaxed rosters, can we waive the three scrubs? I understand no more than 2 goalies at one time, but we may need to waive the scrubs to make a claim on the wire. Just want to clarify up front and be compliant buddy.
7/13/2017 1:36 PM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 7/13/2017 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Blair, with relaxed rosters, can we waive the three scrubs? I understand no more than 2 goalies at one time, but we may need to waive the scrubs to make a claim on the wire. Just want to clarify up front and be compliant buddy.
Ummm... Let me get back 2 ya', Chuck, on that 1...

Yes you're right, however I will hafta' summons Elvis P,
up there in that U.F.O.... Am way overdue 4 a hair-cut
anyways...

Seriously tho, I can't immediately recall how many of
the skaters can be dropped from the roster, --- in the
GM's Office... Let me play around, & will post some
type of answer, shortly...

Obviously, this post ain't an answer...
7/13/2017 2:01 PM
With relaxed rosters, we can waive the scrubs. I'm just wondering if you are going to allow us to do that. If not, then my scrubs will be right at about $1 million each. If I can waive them, I will draft more usable scrubs and waive one or more if I need the cash to pick up a different player.
7/13/2017 3:17 PM
Posted by chuckinrlp on 7/13/2017 3:17:00 PM (view original):
With relaxed rosters, we can waive the scrubs. I'm just wondering if you are going to allow us to do that. If not, then my scrubs will be right at about $1 million each. If I can waive them, I will draft more usable scrubs and waive one or more if I need the cash to pick up a different player.
Chuck --->>> No doubt, you're right...

My fault 4 forgetting the Wi$ minimum skaters... Yes, we all must maintain a
minimum amount of D'Men, ---can't waive them all, as the transaction WON'T
go thru, leaving a team roster with only 2, 3, or 4 D'Men...

However, a league like this would allow for a minimum amount of Fwd's, -too,
which is what the initial post was designed to do... Just help people assemble
their rosters, to get thru the League door, & park, 'til it fills...

Elvis Presley text'd me, advising that I should hand over the Commish duties
to you... However, he will ''bill me'', if I actually take that advice...

So, you're right... Still best to make sure that 9 D'Men appear in ALL of those
box-scores, no matter what... So, whatever it takes, bottom line... Thanx !!!...
7/13/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by alanasdad on 7/12/2017 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Fire me a league number - I'll play and I too assume all injuries are "off" to ensure the 9 D-men play all 82 games. Is there a penalty if they don't?
To be more specific, regarding the penalty 4 an illegal roster, as follows >>>

1st-off, comparing this matter to someone who purposefully enters a scheduled game,
with intent to "tank" & lose that game (which happens here, irking other owners), that
owner is often ridiculed, to begin with... Further punitive action results, with the intent
to drive that individual "off" this site, permanently...

However, if the intent is to win, w/ an illegal roster, it will be viewed as though some 1
attempted to gain 2 full points in the standings, by attempting to win... Therefore, so
as to discourage such, each game w/ an illegal roster, simply means that ''2'' points
will instead be deducted, whether or not that owner won, tied, or lost...

1 lame-brain owner, in a recent league, did such for 2 games... An illegal player was
spotted in the boxscores... That dumb owner tried to argue w/ the Commish that he
should only lose points in games he won, & continued to clutter the Forum as though
he should determine the penalty instead... He even refused the 4-point deduction for
those 2 games, & was then offered an alternative punitive measure, in hope that he
would comply, & never forget the penalties for illegal rosters, so that it would NEVER
happen again... He refused to comply... His loss, & he will never be allowed in ANY
leagues which I establish, & Commish...

Wi$ also enforces "tanking", & "cheating" w/ illegal rosters... That should be clear, &
easy to comply with, A-Dad... Anymore questions, I'm fair, & will be happy to answer.
7/15/2017 3:11 PM
Posted by jsakicno19 on 7/15/2017 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alanasdad on 7/12/2017 8:39:00 PM (view original):
Fire me a league number - I'll play and I too assume all injuries are "off" to ensure the 9 D-men play all 82 games. Is there a penalty if they don't?
To be more specific, regarding the penalty 4 an illegal roster, as follows >>>

1st-off, comparing this matter to someone who purposefully enters a scheduled game,
with intent to "tank" & lose that game (which happens here, irking other owners), that
owner is often ridiculed, to begin with... Further punitive action results, with the intent
to drive that individual "off" this site, permanently...

However, if the intent is to win, w/ an illegal roster, it will be viewed as though some 1
attempted to gain 2 full points in the standings, by attempting to win... Therefore, so
as to discourage such, each game w/ an illegal roster, simply means that ''2'' points
will instead be deducted, whether or not that owner won, tied, or lost...

1 lame-brain owner, in a recent league, did such for 2 games... An illegal player was
spotted in the boxscores... That dumb owner tried to argue w/ the Commish that he
should only lose points in games he won, & continued to clutter the Forum as though
he should determine the penalty instead... He even refused the 4-point deduction for
those 2 games, & was then offered an alternative punitive measure, in hope that he
would comply, & never forget the penalties for illegal rosters, so that it would NEVER
happen again... He refused to comply... His loss, & he will never be allowed in ANY
leagues which I establish, & Commish...

Wi$ also enforces "tanking", & "cheating" w/ illegal rosters... That should be clear, &
easy to comply with, A-Dad... Anymore questions, I'm fair, & will be happy to answer.
I am the 'Dumb owner.' In that recent league, there was a restriction: Only 4 forwards could be over D rate 90.
WW was on, I picked up Battaglia (a D rated of 91) for a dudded checker, totally forgetting the rule re: number of over D 90 checkers. Anyone can make that kind of mistake, but Blair made it a case of first degree murder

I also told him I was fine with him taking 2 points off me for that win, as that is what I would do as a commish.

He deducted no points from me. At the end, he demands that I fork over a team to the guy I beat in that game. Naturally I said no way, because this is a totally unreasonable request.

If you guys who have played in leagues commished by me, ANY of you besides sakic, actually believe I would 'Cheat' to steal a point, say so here. I think you know me better than that.

Blair, was once silenced by WIS for his comments to one of the members in a league of which I was commish. Further to that, he delayed one of my leagues by demanding that I close the sched' that had been posted, so he could remove his team... and for no reason other than to cause trouble, as everyone IN that league was quite happy with the alignments. He got WIS to pull his team anyhow

And now he comes after me for an 'illegal' WW pickup.

Sorry for the distraction, but I felt it was right to set the record straight
Enjoy your time with him
7/16/2017 5:11 AM (edited)
At one point, I didn't understand this place (WIS), not the formulas in winning a season or Stanley Cup... or even how Chuck is by far our WIS savant... but the
blasphemous accusations of a few upon others... then friends of the SAID accused became guilty by association as well. For the past 72 hours I was looking at this league... I liked its retrospective take, a throwback theme... and when i was just about to say I'm "in". I read the last 2-3 posts made here and and and and now... am completely saying NO... No to the background gossip, no to the nonsensical drama and no to the "guilty before innocent approach" DESPITE THIS GREAT THEMED LEAGUE. If Glen is a cheater, liar and crook... then "Je Suis Glen!"
7/16/2017 12:18 PM
Josh, I was going to put in two teams. Theme is a good one
7/16/2017 2:03 PM
League has been set-up... Ticket sent 2 Wi$ C-Service
2 modify the Sal-Cap up to the $185mil mark...

Will post the League # on page 1, of this Classified...
7/17/2017 1:41 PM
4 those not thrilled with Page 1, the League No.# is >>>

NHL 32192
7/17/2017 1:46 PM
in - waiting for cap to be raised
7/17/2017 4:12 PM
Posted by taybaijor on 7/17/2017 4:12:00 PM (view original):
in - waiting for cap to be raised
Hello again,Tay ---->>>

Yuppp... Still stuck @ $100mil... Which means that my current team
there also needs adjustments/additions, as well...

Glad when U can park there, along w/ a few others, when the time is
@ hand... Then, I can step-out, & modify my intended team...

Take Good Care... We'll play this, 4-sure !!!...
7/17/2017 5:37 PM
I'm in. Leaving the cap at 100 million would make this a lot more challenging
7/18/2017 12:59 PM
One ready to go in. Just waiting on the cap to be raised. Over a day just to raise the cap? Someone is asleep at the switch!
7/18/2017 3:59 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
9 D'Men & 9 Fwds (G'Certs) $185m... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.