Why do these guys suck? Topic

Posted by pjfoster13 on 7/14/2017 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by willsauve on 7/14/2017 5:07:00 PM (view original):
How about this.... JP, you join one of Mike's worlds and see if you can be successful. He's an unlikable A-hole but the worlds do fill immediately so its a fair trade off. Looks like you were in Mantle for 1 season.. What happened there?

Also, Holy ****.. What happened to Rickey.. Anytime a league has a team with a .730 win pct you know its turned the corner tardville.
In Mantle I took over mid-season for somebody and was not invited back. tec claims it was because I was colluding / aliasing with another owner who is actually my friend and who I declared up front was my friend. In fact, we were both mid-season replacements that season and there was no issue whatsoever at the time or thru most of the season.

Near the end of the season I negged tec (commish) for ruthlessly enforcing a salary rule in that league where "cash cannot exceed salary in a trade", but the circumstances were that the two teams had made a good-faith effort to honor the rule at the time the trade was proposed, but by the time it was accepted & processed the cash exceeded salary by some ridiculously small number like $5,000, and tec INSISTED that we veto or cancel the trade or whatever, and so I gave my opinion about how ridiculous I thought that was.

He never said anything at the time, but at the end of the season sent me a message saying I'm not invited back because of collusion / alias, but the timestamps from his convos with Mike began the day after I disagreed with tec's commissioning, so I can read between the lines and infer that he never believed I was actually an alias but rather that he was ****** at me for challenging his authority.

So at the end of the day it worked out for all of us. Can't wait to re-join a league with both of them.
I honestly have no recollection of you being in Mantle, though I see from your HBD record that you were. That said, I also have no recollection of my telling you that you weren't welcome back. But I'll take your word for it that I did, if you insist. And if I did, you must have given me good reason. "Challenging my authority" is not good reason, I'm not a thin-skinned snowflake. If I told you that you were asked to leave because of suspected collusion/alias, then that's what it was. Maybe Mike started a discussion about it, but in the end, I fully own the decisions I make as a commish in Mantle.

As for the trade in question, again, I don't specifically remember it. But rules are there to be adhered to. "Good faith" but missing the letter of the rule is still a rule violation.

7/14/2017 6:42 PM
Well, pjf, I don't give a **** about "good faith". If you are unable to abide by rules, you don't need to bother joining MG/Coop. I don't care if it's $1. Because the next guy will say "It's only $6" and the next "It's only 10k" and so on. I don't recall you being in Mantle either so whatever I said, I'm sure I said with good reason.
7/15/2017 8:26 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by willsauve on 7/12/2017 3:38:00 PM (view original):
Why did this guy have a 4.5 ERA last season? I had higher expectations for him, am I missing something? I figured the average splits would be offset by the high control and pitches.. The high GB and Velocity shouldve also been a positive factor..

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7861876

I also expected more from this guy.. Why does he suck? Again, average splits and average control but figured the 4 good pitches would help correct this..

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7800509

Could the answer be that I have these below average Catchers? Cat1 and Cat2
Navarre just sucks; 5.6 is just a little higher than I'd expect.

Vogelbach should settle in a couple of tenths better than he has been if you give him an average catcher. I'd ordinarily expect him around 4.00 in RIC (AL) but I've noticed that pitchers with large platoon differences get hit a little harder than I would expect by formula, presumably because, you know, other owners platoon. So 4.20 or 4.30 or so.

Sorry to hijack this thread back to the original post.
7/21/2017 9:07 PM
LOL. I turn tankersauve down for Moonlight Graham and he reports my post telling pjf that, if he can't play by the rules, he can forget joining my worlds.
7/22/2017 7:00 AM
Yes, enforcing the rules is micromanaging like a crazy person.
7/22/2017 1:54 PM
Weird game.. I guess he doesn't suck anymore...

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7861876
9/4/2017 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Why do these guys suck? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.