Shtickless (S43) is full! Topic

Hey guys,

Shtickless, one of the oldest world's in HBD, needs 7 spots filled to move on to Season 43. We traditionally roll within a week of season's end, and I'd expect we do the same this season, so grab a team while you can. Send me a sitemail if you're interested!

Here's the list of open teams:

AL North Team (Formerly Rochester) (87-75) Filled by calvinhydro

This team has been in the playoffs for the past 7 seasons, all under the same manager. I've personally been knocked out of the playoffs by them multiple times, and any manager with a pulse should be able to continue to succeed with them.

AL East Team (Formerly Washington D.C.) (52-110) Filled by EthanLevine123

This team has lost over 100 games for each of the past 6 seasons, and hasn't had a winning season in the past 11. As can be expected, this team is loaded with prospects and isn't bogged down with unattractive salaries. It might take a little work, but there's a lot of freedom in whoever wants to build this team.

AL South Team 1 (Formerly Kansas City) (98-64) Filled by gomiami1972

I don't know how this team ever won 98 games, but they have a decent amount of prospects left in the system and very little payroll. Anyone taking over this team will have the same flexibility as with the AL East team, but a solid foundation to build on.

AL South Team 2 (Formerly Huntington) (85-77) Filled

In the last 17 seasons, this team has only had a losing record twice. Anyone taking over this team can either choose to continue going for it with salary-conscious roster moves, or dump some aging assets and give the team a facelift. There are an unlimited number of avenues here, but the next manager of this team wouldn't have a difficult time making the playoffs or performing a quick rebuild.

NL North Team (Formerly Ottawa) (87-75) Filled by rourke

This team has been hovering around .500 for the past 10 seasons. That being said, they're a few solid pitchers away from a potential deep playoff run. Take a look at the options for the infield defensively - a lot of good gloves that can hit. The Mack Burks contract is a bear, but it'll be worth it if the next manager can find a way to get more than 170 innings out of him.

NL West Team 1 (Formerly Seattle) (71-91) Filled by gdfan

This team is a project. While it may seem like they're all mediocre players with sub-par contracts, there are solid prospects hiding in the minors. Anyone able to get out from underneath a few of those contracts should have an easy time turning this team around in a season or two.

NL West Team 2 (Formerly Omaha) (37-125) Filled by stu1368

Saving the most ridiculous for last. Tisi managed this team for 42 seasons, making the playoffs only 19 times but winning two championships. He left a very solid team to the next manager, who stopped checking his team before spring training started and ended up losing an insane 125 games. This team has a roster that is capable of making the playoffs and the number 1 overall pick next season. Easy turnaround.
7/19/2017 6:07 PM (edited)
Down to 5
7/13/2017 2:05 PM (edited)
3 teams gone, 4 to go. Expecting to be filled by the end of the weekend, so send me a sitemail with the team you intend on taking if you're interested!
7/13/2017 3:43 PM
I think it's still 5 left?
7/14/2017 3:55 AM
Posted by kmueller on 7/14/2017 3:55:00 AM (view original):
I think it's still 5 left?
Nope, only 4 now. Gomiami will be taking his old team back today.
7/14/2017 9:57 AM
ok sorry got it thx
7/14/2017 4:32 PM
Still trying to fill a few slots, site mail me if you're interested.
7/14/2017 11:46 PM
Only 3 openings left!
7/15/2017 8:41 AM
Still just 3 openings, confirmed that 1 team will be claimed later today and have a few other owners that have sent messages asking for details about the league - let me know if you're interested in one of the available teams?
7/16/2017 3:26 PM
Down to only 2 openings! Sitemail me for details!
7/16/2017 11:15 PM
2 left - get 'em while they're hot!
7/17/2017 6:58 AM
Down to one opening, get it while you can! Soon as someone joins I'm pushing the button.
7/17/2017 10:22 AM
How many openings are left?
7/17/2017 7:07 PM
One opening. Get after it.
7/17/2017 10:02 PM
Still just one opening left. Join up and we can advance to the regular season!
7/18/2017 10:23 AM
12 Next ▸
Shtickless (S43) is full! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.