Season 133 Postseason Projections Topic

Use the link below for all CC and Bowl/Playoff projections. Good luck, everyone!

S133 Postseason Projections
7/13/2017 6:46 PM
Always look forward to your work good sir
7/13/2017 7:12 PM
Thanks, GT!
7/14/2017 10:20 PM
Yeah. Sorry...

Posted the Playoff and Bowl Protections earlier, then forgot to notify.

They are up though!
7/14/2017 10:49 PM
I figured it out lol
7/14/2017 10:57 PM
L5 Texas vs. Alabama Alabama Alabama Alabama Alabama Texas Alabama Alabama -11 Texas / 59.9%

7/14/2017 11:38 PM
Yeah I've been wondering about these for a few seasons now. There are a handful of games with extremes like that and then many more that are also puzzling when you compare them against each other. I really don't know which of those to look at though the consensus is highlighted so that seems to be the one you think is best. I think ideally a spread would be the best so you could see not only the projected winner but some strength to that projection. Maybe it's the win% that is a little screwy because I usually pay attention to that those last three...
7/15/2017 12:40 AM
I'm realizing the confusion that my current modelling creates is taking away from the content. I'm going to spend some time thinking on how to unify my models.

The spread comes from one model, while the win prob comes from another. The concensus is a "majority vote" of five different models.

In the mean time, consider the Concensus as the real prediction. The spread and win prob are just for fun.
7/15/2017 12:07 PM
I like the different models. I can usually get at least one on my side
7/15/2017 12:39 PM
Season 133 Postseason Projections Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.