Ranking the Penn State candidates Topic

I don't have the rep currently but would definitely throw my name in if I did (on the off chance no one else applied). I will say though, giving up $80k a season in bowl money would be hard.
7/16/2017 7:58 AM
Posted by genuvar on 7/15/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
So I really hope bkdries doesnt apply for or get Penn State.. same with ez or anyone at a good elite. Im probably one of the few that stepped down from an elite (was not even close to being fired) except for OP/CJ bundle at OSU.

These jobs really should go to the best up and coming coaches... so pretty much everyone not in blitz's list (except jasonfreeman). What will annoy me more then anything is someone that has an elite in 6 other worlds and just picks up Penn State so he can sit on it for the next 100 seasons
My prediction is Cebrake comes in and grabs Penn State. Seems like WIS favors coaches that come back to worlds vs existing coaches to increase human numbers.
7/16/2017 3:57 PM
Posted by chetty1963 on 7/16/2017 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genuvar on 7/15/2017 6:33:00 PM (view original):
So I really hope bkdries doesnt apply for or get Penn State.. same with ez or anyone at a good elite. Im probably one of the few that stepped down from an elite (was not even close to being fired) except for OP/CJ bundle at OSU.

These jobs really should go to the best up and coming coaches... so pretty much everyone not in blitz's list (except jasonfreeman). What will annoy me more then anything is someone that has an elite in 6 other worlds and just picks up Penn State so he can sit on it for the next 100 seasons
My prediction is Cebrake comes in and grabs Penn State. Seems like WIS favors coaches that come back to worlds vs existing coaches to increase human numbers.
With how I believe hiring is done, I think he would lose to some of the other coaches that would apply.
7/16/2017 4:04 PM
Yah cebrake resume isn't in the top group.

I don't think WIS favors coaches coming back, but it doesn't hurt to be retired. You can hold your spot if you leave and come back. So if you win a title at Syracuse for example you can leave the world and wait for elite to open then apply as a national champion.

Also, I think it hurts your rep to submit job apps as a current coach. (yes?) But it doesn't hurt if you are retired, you can put in as many apps as you want.
7/16/2017 5:26 PM
awags just showed me what he thinks of my list of candidates..... lol

Congrats awags!
7/19/2017 3:18 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 7/19/2017 3:18:00 PM (view original):
awags just showed me what he thinks of my list of candidates..... lol

Congrats awags!
Thanks. Whether we agree or disagree I always enjoy reading your insightful posts.
7/19/2017 3:23 PM
After some interesting bowl results, I have Awags #1 if he wanted it (he says he doesn't). After that I have the following resumes for the last 4 seasons:

Coach A:
CC + L5 Loss, #2 Final Ranking
L4 Win, #9 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #5 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #5 Final Ranking

Coach B:
CC + L5 Win, #9 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #3 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #4 Final Ranking

Coach C:
National Champion
National Champion
CC + L5 Win, #4 Final Ranking

Coach D:
CC + L5 Win, #8 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Win, #2 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Win, #3 Final Ranking

Coach E:
L5 Loss, #11 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #15 Final Ranking
National Champion

Coach F:
L4 Win, #13 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #8 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #9 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #6 Final Ranking

So there are lots of good candidates obviously. I would rank Coach C (Nortonis), followed by Coach D (Bama2448), then probably Coach B (JasonFreeman).
7/19/2017 5:46 PM
Today is application day!

I applied to the PSU job.

I invite other coaches to post if you apply (you can wait until the job is filled - but I can't see what it hurts by announcing before)

It should give the community some great resume data when we see who is hired.
7/20/2017 12:55 PM
I applied as well
7/20/2017 12:56 PM
Just for the record, I did not apply.
7/20/2017 1:35 PM
My vote would be for Jasonfreeman ,(If I had a vote) hands down!! What he did at Cal is unbelievable and he did it with no help from WIS (Elite advantages)..He has proven he can play with and beat the best of the best..Scary thought of the machine he will build if he does get the PSU job..The Alabama of real life college football!!
7/20/2017 1:43 PM
Can't we send booster gifts along with an application? That's just not fair to those of us coaches who cut 20% of our recruits every season.
7/20/2017 1:45 PM
Posted by trmcco2 on 7/20/2017 1:43:00 PM (view original):
My vote would be for Jasonfreeman ,(If I had a vote) hands down!! What he did at Cal is unbelievable and he did it with no help from WIS (Elite advantages)..He has proven he can play with and beat the best of the best..Scary thought of the machine he will build if he does get the PSU job..The Alabama of real life college football!!
+1

I agreed completely.
7/20/2017 1:52 PM
I applied as well
7/20/2017 2:20 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 7/19/2017 5:46:00 PM (view original):
After some interesting bowl results, I have Awags #1 if he wanted it (he says he doesn't). After that I have the following resumes for the last 4 seasons:

Coach A:
L4 Win, #9 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #5 Final Ranking

Coach B:
CC + L5 Win, #9 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #4 Final Ranking

Coach C:
National Champion
National Champion
CC + L5 Win, #4 Final Ranking

Coach D:
CC + L5 Win, #8 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Win, #3 Final Ranking

Coach E:
L5 Loss, #11 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #15 Final Ranking
National Champion

Coach F:
L4 Win, #13 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #8 Final Ranking
CC + L5 Loss, #9 Final Ranking
L5 Win, #6 Final Ranking

So there are lots of good candidates obviously. I would rank Coach C (Nortonis), followed by Coach D (Bama2448), then probably Coach B (JasonFreeman).
Nice call!

Nortonis has been hired at Penn State!
7/20/2017 3:27 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Ranking the Penn State candidates Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.