Player distribution total Topic

Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/21/2017 3:46:00 PM (view original):
You are better off setting them all to 1. If you set them all to zero, the sim ignores the 3 pt settings and ****** guys will take 3's.

fwiw, using all zeros (. Or 1s) n a motion or fastbreak isn't a horrendous idea, it's certainly suboptimal but not horrendous. Doing it in flex or triangle is not using one of the benefits that is built into the offensive system.
Thanks, I didn't know that a zero setting would eliminate 3-pt settings.
7/26/2017 2:42 AM
Posted by mlitney on 7/26/2017 2:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/21/2017 3:46:00 PM (view original):
You are better off setting them all to 1. If you set them all to zero, the sim ignores the 3 pt settings and ****** guys will take 3's.

fwiw, using all zeros (. Or 1s) n a motion or fastbreak isn't a horrendous idea, it's certainly suboptimal but not horrendous. Doing it in flex or triangle is not using one of the benefits that is built into the offensive system.
Thanks, I didn't know that a zero setting would eliminate 3-pt settings.
I've never had issues with 3-pt settings when setting guys to all zeroes. The sim follows my preference just fine (-2 to +2).

I think running all 0's is a great strategy when you don't have any clearly defined scorers, or when you're fortunate enough to have several great scorers. I've won a D2 and D3 title with all 0's for an entire season, and (now retired) Jdno won multiple titles and had several FF runs at Stanford in Rupp running all zeroes.
7/26/2017 1:24 PM
Well, I've been wrong before....

Do you have a team set to zero's now darnoc? I am pretty sure I got that info from a Develop Chat years ago. I am sure as heck not digging through those to try to find it....
7/26/2017 1:42 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/26/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):

Do you have a team set to zero's now darnoc? I am pretty sure I got that info from a Develop Chat years ago. I am sure as heck not digging through those to try to find it....
I don't, sorry.
7/26/2017 7:41 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/26/2017 1:42:00 PM (view original):

I do remember killbatman/spasticity (one of the best D3 coaches to ever play the game) say he'd never set an individual player to zero if other players had distro allocated to them. He cited examples of some weird box scores where the guy with 0 distro would randomly take like 8 shots, despite everyone else on the floor having #'s greater than 1. I remember seeing this once with my own team and ever since the lowest distro I'll give anyone is 1 (unless I'm running all 0's).
7/26/2017 7:45 PM
I've actually developed to like the 0 distribution setting. I mostly use it with incoming freshman and poor shooters. I have a center on 0 distro that's 17-28 60.7% shooting percentage after ten games, he mostly gets tip ins, maybe easy offensive rebounds for some easy points. I will usually designate one or two players from my 12 player roster and will set them at "0".
7/26/2017 9:13 PM
I've still been using 0 all season at Hawaii, but generally I never do. Pretty much what I expected though.
7/26/2017 9:35 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/26/2017 9:13:00 PM (view original):
I've actually developed to like the 0 distribution setting. I mostly use it with incoming freshman and poor shooters. I have a center on 0 distro that's 17-28 60.7% shooting percentage after ten games, he mostly gets tip ins, maybe easy offensive rebounds for some easy points. I will usually designate one or two players from my 12 player roster and will set them at "0".
I have half of my players on "0."
7/26/2017 10:09 PM
I've never liked the 100% distro strategy. Foul trouble on the wrong players can really throw your intended scoring pattern out of whack. Variations on the 1-5 strategy is viable but you need to pay critical attention to depth chart and fatigue settings (assuming few of us use target minutes) or you might end up with a substitution pattern with most of your "1" players on the court at the same time.

I like allocating about 80%. It allows me to be mostly in control but allow the SIM to make some in-game allocations for fouls/fatigue.
7/27/2017 12:13 AM
You guys get so precise with this. I have some teams where my total is 100. Others where the total is 38. Just throw in random numbers based on ratings and adjust as needed. I think we're taking a checkers engine and misattributing to it chess characteristics
7/27/2017 12:53 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 7/26/2017 10:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/26/2017 9:13:00 PM (view original):
I have half of my players on "0."
My triangle teams tend to have 3-4 zeros.
my motion teams have 0-1.
my flex and fast break teams are in the middle
7/27/2017 1:49 PM
I just tried putting all my players at Wingate D2 to 0 in exh. game. My players went 6-17 in 3pt shots
7/27/2017 2:40 PM
◂ Prev 12
Player distribution total Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.