What's your favorite Division? Topic

The most rewarding is 1-AA. Tougher recruiting, playoffs, and great coaches.

The least rewarding (other than the abomination known as DIII), is actually 1-A mid major. Recruiting is generally a horror show when you are in a good world, especially because I play on a casual / semi level, I am trying out I-A now in two different worlds (one should be "easier" than the other simply because of the numbers and NOT because of the high quality coaches).

Namaste.
7/17/2017 12:33 PM
Depends on the world in my opinion. II, 1AA or 1A in Wilkinson is the cream of the crop...any of those divisions are challenging, very challenging.

In other worlds, I probably enjoy II the most because of the playoffs. Not much of a fan of 1A, but plenty of people enjoy that level for various reasons.

Good luck.

nitros
7/17/2017 2:17 PM
Nice post blitz. I really really hated D1A, but I was at a mid major although early in the worlds. I won a NC at D1AA and the recruiting is tough. I love D2 the most and I used to love D3, but the new system has dumbed it down waaaayyyyyytoo much.
7/19/2017 9:08 PM
I really enjoy D1A and typically that's where I can find the best competition. I also really enjoy D2 and think the potential to build a super team while starting in a rebuild is the greatest at that level.
7/19/2017 9:19 PM
I will agree with awags that D1A has the best competition overall. And in Wilkinson, D1AA is also very competitive overall. But you always get pockets of conferences that stand out. Yost D1AA Atlantic 10 has been one of the best in GD ever since I started GD about 4 years ago. So you just need to figure out what level of competition you like. I prefer a lot of human competition with some lively discussion.
7/19/2017 10:44 PM
i gotta get to the top for a glimpse

woah there's another $80
7/19/2017 10:55 PM
My favorite division is 4 divided by 2 .
7/22/2017 7:07 AM (edited)
I prefer DII, by a wide margin. Several excellent coaches in every world, once you get a good team you have several meaningful postseason games each season. DIII is too dumbed down. D1AA recruiting is too subject to D1A recruiting. D1A only has a meaningful postseason if you are in the title game, playing a bowl game to move up or down a few spots in final rankings does nothing for me, they need a 16- or 32- team D1A playoff regardless of what real life has.
7/27/2017 11:41 AM
Great insight Blitz!
7/27/2017 12:00 PM
I do not enjoy the new DIII. I just returned from a several year absence and it is so inconsistent. One game my qb will throw for 300+ yards (70%+) and multiple TDs and the next he will throw for 60 (30%). This against sims and making no changes to your playbook. And the worse thing is there just are not may changes you can really make either. It really seems as though its just a matter of talent, talent is all you truly need at DIII.
7/27/2017 12:06 PM
DIII, ten years ago, was my favorite. Today, DIII is hell.
DII and up are really the only places to play this game anymore.
7/27/2017 12:20 PM
1-AA. Most challenging recruiting & the opportunity to play 19 games.
7/29/2017 12:25 AM
◂ Prev 12
What's your favorite Division? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.