Exclusive Player League - Sign up here! Topic

Everyone picks two players, but can choose any one season for both players. In other words, no clones. No clones for your two picks and no clones for your other ten players.
7/27/2017 2:48 PM
I'm hoping that this is a league that can get repeated. You will most likely have two different exclusive players and your role players will change depending on who your two main guys are.

If we repeat the league, we can also play around with different salary caps, which would also cause you to have some different bench players.

If people really like this, there is also the possibility of cloning one of your two (or both?) exclusive players. It might be fun to say you can clone your second pick, but not your first pick. AS FOR THIS SEASON, THERE ARE NO CLONES AT ALL.

What we might do this first season is have a vote on salary cap by the 24 owners. At this point I'm thinking 52, 56 or 60. Let the people decide.
7/27/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by Midge on 7/27/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
I'm hoping that this is a league that can get repeated. You will most likely have two different exclusive players and your role players will change depending on who your two main guys are.

If we repeat the league, we can also play around with different salary caps, which would also cause you to have some different bench players.

If people really like this, there is also the possibility of cloning one of your two (or both?) exclusive players. It might be fun to say you can clone your second pick, but not your first pick. AS FOR THIS SEASON, THERE ARE NO CLONES AT ALL.

What we might do this first season is have a vote on salary cap by the 24 owners. At this point I'm thinking 52, 56 or 60. Let the people decide.
About the salary cap, how about owners submit the value they like, and they may opt to not submit a value if they chose to do so, and then we pick the MEDIAN? ( Median because Mean value can be manipulated by one or two owners suggesting an extreme value )
7/27/2017 5:47 PM
I say 56
8/5/2017 9:07 AM
It would be nice to get 24 first.
8/5/2017 1:58 PM
I like the concept enough to take a second team if it will help.
8/8/2017 3:22 AM
Okay, I will put you down for two teams.
8/8/2017 3:04 PM
I say 60
8/24/2017 3:33 AM
This looks like a really cool league, but hard to get to 24 first posts in over 2 weeks
8/24/2017 9:02 AM
I'm in, salary cap 48-50
8/27/2017 9:43 PM
There's not much of a point in having a cap over $52M in a league with restrictions on rosters-- such as a draft-- Just from experience... If the cap is 56- the only way to reach it will be to draft unneeded usage.
8/29/2017 4:54 PM
I bet I could reach 56. My team might not be any good, but I could reach it.

I would like to have the cap at a place where you need to think about if taking the 1966-67 Wilt is worth it.
8/30/2017 2:11 AM
Posted by milest on 8/29/2017 4:54:00 PM (view original):
There's not much of a point in having a cap over $52M in a league with restrictions on rosters-- such as a draft-- Just from experience... If the cap is 56- the only way to reach it will be to draft unneeded usage.
Are you sure it will be unneeded? Even in 57+ million dollar leagues, there are many occasions I felt I didn't have enough flexibility to adjust to different roster I am facing.
8/30/2017 4:51 AM
Posted by Midge on 8/30/2017 2:11:00 AM (view original):
I bet I could reach 56. My team might not be any good, but I could reach it.

I would like to have the cap at a place where you need to think about if taking the 1966-67 Wilt is worth it.
Exactly. That's why $52 should be the max, and should probably be lower... At 56, the obvious next best players that weren't drafted will be on every team. Every low minute stud will be on every team.
8/30/2017 8:58 AM
I'm in for this
9/5/2017 4:26 AM
◂ Prev 12
Exclusive Player League - Sign up here! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.