some people are wanting to start yet another 1901 progressive

a ignorant first draft can ruin this thing

i wonder if someone would enjoy coming up with 16 equal teams

combination prospects and present

so the draft could be one round all you pick is your pre-loaded team

assumption on my part that every owner is in it for the long term

success on your part: no owner could decide who to pick in the draft
7/17/2017 4:52 AM (edited)
Only having played in a few progressives, and none that far back, I'm curious to know what you mean by "an ignorant draft". How does a first draft get screwed up in this timeframe, specifically?
7/17/2017 10:22 AM
Not enough pa's for a 16 team league, has to be 12 teams, been through this twice.
7/17/2017 6:56 PM
but you wouldn't want to come up with 16 --oops 12-- equal teams

someone should do this

someone on vaca with a week to **** away
7/19/2017 11:00 PM
On this one I agree with bagchucker. This is a smart idea, and not only for 1901. Worth thinking through. In early August I do have a week and I will consider ******* it away taking a look at how to do this. Knowing that teams are already ready might make it easier to recruit owners to new leagues, especially if there is basic, even if rough, structural equality among the teams.
7/22/2017 5:18 PM
Good luck to you Italyprof, Lets see where john Mcgraw winds up 508 obp his last season, and then my closer from that year Len Swormstedt who blew game 7 of the series for me
7/22/2017 7:06 PM
i am trying it, it's hard

there ARE enough IPs for 16 teams but barely

1350-1400 for all but many really bad innings

it's hard to balance long term vs short term
8/21/2017 6:32 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/21/2017 6:32:00 PM (view original):
i am trying it, it's hard

there ARE enough IPs for 16 teams but barely

1350-1400 for all but many really bad innings

it's hard to balance long term vs short term
in the league I was in we were allowed to draft from rummy pitchers from the 1890's. However this ruined the career stats search because some of them pitched in years after 1901
8/21/2017 7:16 PM
how you handle all the empty slots is up to you

teams might need to fill as many as 10

another idea is the worst of the worst over the history of the game, a few to choose from, the same poor choices as long as the league lasts
8/25/2017 8:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.