Montreal Maroons
Ottawa Senators/St. Louis Eagles
Pittsburgh Pirates/Philadelphia Quakers
Quebec Bulldogs/Hamilton Tigers
Quebec Nordiques
Toronto St. Patricks
Winnipeg Jets
Detroit Cougars/Detroit Falcons

I don't remember ever seeing a league where we played defunct teams. I was wondering if there is any interest in playing a Defunct NHL Teams League. Some teams are more playable than others. It doesn't look like the Toronto St. Patricks have any defencemen, but some of these teams do have some real players.

I was thinking $75 million cap, no WW, No PI. You could use any players on the roster twisted to any usable season. Max two owners per team.

Please let me know if there is any interest.
7/17/2017 8:41 PM (edited)
Toronto arenas then St.Pats. Should be Arenas/St. Pats. Also old Winnipeg Jets maybe be included depending on how you look at. I mean new jets are not the same franchise as old jets. So technically Winnipeg should be included.
7/18/2017 11:12 AM
Knight-Thorn, U have the right idea, however many NHL skaters
also played another professional league, known as the W.H.A...

I bring this up, since I 1st learn'd the term "defunct", from this
very league, the World Hockey Association...

Your notions & ideas seem short in producing enough viable
NHL skaters, in the database here @ Wi$...

The "Indianapolis Racers" come to mind, since I actually did
alot over the years to save & preserve that very NEWSPAPER
article, declaring the team "defunct"... That team in the late
1970's had Wayne Gretzky under professional contract...

Just sayin' that it's a way to broaden the skaters available...
7/18/2017 6:29 PM
The Senators would have a huge advantage in this league. The Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg would be good and Hartford a little less so. The rest of the teams wouldn't even be able to make a 50 million roster. My two cents
7/18/2017 6:57 PM
In if it flies, I would love to try the Seals.
7/20/2017 2:46 PM
If it flies I'd do the whalers. But maybe up the cap to 100 million and limit to like 8 teams that would be most competitive --- whalers, nordiques, jets, Rockies/scouts, Atlanta x 2, north stars, seals
7/28/2017 8:50 PM
Or just lower the cap significantly, that way you get more franchises and they are more evenly matched.
8/23/2017 7:51 PM
Defunct NHL Teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.