Leahy Big 10 Conference Topic

The conference chat is out of control (as always) so I'll post my thoughts here. Hopefully posting it on the Leahy board and not on the main board will get more coaches checking this board.....lol

Consider this a form of counseling. I might sound angry with some of this but I really would like to see us work through this and have us come back next season.

Brief resume for the twelve coaches currently in this conference:
bkdries: 410 seasons 145 CCs 25 NCs
chetty1963: 381 seasons 92 CCs 14 NCs
buckeyedick: 367 seasons 120 CCs 6 NCs
lyonzfan: 229 seasons 55 CCs 8 NCs
ebel331: 179 seasons 71 CCs 9 NCs
hawkfan1992: 98 seasons 8 CCs
tigerpark135: 96 seasons 47 CCs 6 NCs
blitziscomin: 96 seasons 24 CCs 2 NCs
horvie78: 72 seasons 18 CCs 1 NC
zach1442: 70 seasons 14 CCs
winstonis: 44 seasons 15 CCs 1 NC
coachkb: 25 seasons 2 CCs
12 coach total: 2,067 total seasons with 611 combined CCs and 72 combined NCs
12 coach average: 172.25 seasons, 50.9 CCs, and 6 NCs

I think it is probably the best top to bottom resume in all of GD!

Conference Drama
It seems like tigerpark135 is a magnet for insanity in GD. I am not sure if tigerpark135 knows how to type anything in a conference chat or in a forum post without making everyone that reads it furious - it is simply stunning.

I didn't think it was possible for anyone to irritate ebel or chetty. They are two of the most active and committed coaches in the community. They make every world a better place that they are active in.

If you can't have a great relationship with bkdries, ebel331, and chetty1963 while playing this game you should spend some time thinking about what the underlying issues are.

Story for TP
I want to share a similar experience we both recently had with ebel331. Last season in Bryant I noticed that ebel331 joined West Virginia. I know he runs the shotgun and he needs a great QB for it to work. I have watched him spend big $$$ in Wilkinson on QBs at Houston to turn that program into a Level 5 Bowl powerhouse. I knew he didn't have any bowl money and I had a lot of bowl money coming off a great season at Michigan.

Recruiting time comes and I find a couple nice QBs. I pursue them the first cycle of recruiting and West Virginia is chasing them also. I know Ebel will spend a lot of $$$ on a QB so I stop pursuing the closest QB to him - even though the QB had a great scouting report and was the best QB I was looking at. I don't want a $100k+ battle so I move on and find another QB (that I think is better). I go to the Big East chat during recruiting and say something like "Ebel we have great tastes in QBs LOL" We both end up with great classes with no sims and high potential QBs to redshirt.

Within two weeks of this incident Ebel is recruiting for Purdue team in Leahy. It has been a sim team that hasn't gone to a bowl in over 80 seasons. Obviously he is going to recruit a QB for his shotgun and he has zero talent on his team. He ends up pursuing a QB that you like. You decide you can't move on to another QB and have to ruin his recruit class. He doesn't get a QB and takes a class full of sims.

I don't have a problem that you did this.

The problem I have is after you crushed him on the QB you acted like a baby. You whined in conference chat that Ebel was pursuing a QB you liked. Ebel said something jokingly like "I'll spend all my money on this QB" in conference chat. What do you do? You call out Ebel as a cheater. You claim that the other conference coaches will take advantage of you. Did we? Then you go and whine to customer service! You complain to customer service that Ebel has said in conference chat that he will spend all of his money on a QB --- crime of the century! Hopefully WIS customer support sent you a pacifier to settle you down.

Then recently you give us this little gem in conference chat

unfortunately some coaches haven't yet been able to grasp the concept of the "big picture" and how it would ultimately benefit them. what ebel did last season spending an entire bankroll on one player ultimately wrecking his class makes zero sense. Btw, that qb last season was "low potential.

chetty1963 was reading this and thought the same thing I probably did. He said in a nice way that he is done with your stupidity and is leaving the conference. How do you respond?

Chetty, you only further my point. A local BCS school cannot win a battle against an elite when all things remain equal. No more so than a midmajor can win against you. As for the "big picture", why would I want to bury a team that can ultimately create more. Virginia was able to take the 2nd best DL in the nation while big ten teams were cutting themselves up. That is the big picture to which I refer. If you can't see it; then I am glad you are going.

The coaches in this conference have enough experience at this game to figure out how to play it without tigerpark135 criticizing them.

Tigerpark135 does it bother you at all that chetty1963 wants to leave the conference because of you?

Can you see that you could share some of the blame for ebel's recruiting failings in his first season?

Do you see the big picture?
7/17/2017 11:26 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
What's more likely?
The guy that cheats to win is right about what tactics it takes to win this game and everyone else is wrong?
Or Tigerpark is a misunderstood genius that none of us are even capable of understanding due to our small minds?
7/18/2017 9:46 AM
Just so I have this straight....the guy who had agreements with other coaches and targeted a certain team is all of a sudden concerned about agreements and being targeted?

That's pretty rich.
7/18/2017 9:50 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
As long as someone is paying for multiple accounts, I don't think CS really cares if they cheat or not.
7/18/2017 11:27 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 7/18/2017 11:27:00 AM (view original):
As long as someone is paying for multiple accounts, I don't think CS really cares if they cheat or not.
+1

tiger, how is tace gneva doing these days?
7/18/2017 11:32 AM
I'm sure customer support is very curious how Ebel will recruit this season......... Maybe they can SiteMail him the Player's Guide and offer some suggestions on how to fill a 28 scholarship class.

I'm submitting a ticket right now to ask customer support for a list of players that we are not allowed to recruit in the Leahy Big 10 conference.

Three of us have big classes with over 20 scholarships to fill. I will feel so bad if I recruit a player that I am prohibited from.

7/18/2017 12:13 PM
It really doesn't matter if I leave or stay. There will be other coaches that may be allured by this outstanding collection of coaches.

What bothers me is the fear there are "unwritten" rules the TP and others in the conference may follow. If ND, OSU, UM and PSU aren't actively battling for 5 or more recruits, there is something seriously wrong. It's simple geography.

Look, I get this "system" is genious and keeps UM a perennial top 10 team. It's also not considered cheating by WIS, per CJs comment, because WIS isn't going to do anything to lose customers. But, this "system" also spreads the gap with non-elites, beyond the significant gap they already face. The fact is the non-elites are playing for 8-5, 9-4, 10-3, and are fooling themselves to expect anything more. I don't play to go 9-4. I only play when I know I can complete, and i'm able to overcome the playing field.

The thing that really honks me off, is that it's completely unnecessary. TP, look no further than Nortonis to see how you can still win NCs at Michigan the right way. You're at a freaking elite - you play the right way - and still win.
7/18/2017 1:11 PM
I do not subscribe to the playing for the 9-5 season as you claim. When I was at Ball State, I was right smack in the middle of the Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State recruiting pulse. I learned a lot recruiting from Ball State. After a few seasons of taking what recruits when I could, I was able to take that ****** Ball State team all the way to the rose bowl and play Cebrakes undefeated Univ. of Miami team. I think it was season 101 and I ended up 14-1 and #6 in the country. Slid64er took Navy to a national championship as well. I did it with patience and perseverance. Of course when I got a chance to move on to an elite; I took it.

While at Ball, I watched Notre Dame, OSU and MICH constantly rip each other apart and teams like me scoop up the high potential 3-4 star athletes. They recruit with much greed and foolishnesh, ultimately to their demises. Because none of those elite coaches were able to hang onto their jobs.

Once again, some coaches can anylize the talent and the numbers around them and come to realize that there is enough for every one to maintain national championship caliber teams or they can cut each other up and let the rising Ball State coaches have opportunities to take their jobs.

The key is, to come up with a system that does not discuss recruits in any way shape or form.
7/18/2017 1:52 PM
That is some funny stuff right there.

What is the key again?
7/18/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 7/18/2017 2:02:00 PM (view original):

What is the key again?
Says the guy who plays in ten worlds and has less championships! You remind of the pundits who say bitcoin is in a bubble!
7/18/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 7/18/2017 2:14:00 PM (view original):

What is the key again?
Says the guy who plays in ten worlds and has less championships! You remind of the pundits who say bitcoin is in a bubble!
How many championships do your other ID's have?

Which of your son's wrestling teammates have decided to join GD?
7/18/2017 3:16 PM

What is the key again?
If only I had the success you had by staying at D3 racking up NCs and CCs. That is definitely impressive.

What was the key to all that success at D3?
7/18/2017 3:22 PM

What is the key again?
You guys are crazy to even engage with this.

The key is, as long as its not quid pro quo we're all good.

I bet he teaches his wrestlers integrity and hard work. To do the right thing and sportsmanship.

Pretty soon our world is going to fill up with his kites that follow his ethical standards.

"Hey guys tace quit but some of my ex students want to give the game a shot".

Tiger you are troll of the year. The gift that keeps on giving. Socially retarded. When you talk eyes roll. Zero self-consciousness, self awareness.

How the hell did you land an education job? Only other applicants were akite, tace, and goldbug.

You post your class on Facebook... holly crap balls this guy!

It's like when we hear lance Armstrong gloating of his accomplishments.

No one counts your stuff. When we chat about the greats, never once will anyone mention Tigerpark.

Unless the talk is of the greatest troll and cheater wis has ever seen.

Tigerpark is our Jose Canseco.

But you got to give the guy credit. He's dedicated to his bullchit and may actually believe it.
7/18/2017 3:26 PM
12 Next ▸
Leahy Big 10 Conference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.