Recruiting Coin Flips Topic

I very well may be banned by CS for this, but I recently lost what I deemed an unfair coin flip, and the back and forth response from CS leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Her is my FIRST AMENDMENT free speech (whining). By ranting, I may get over it.
ME: I lost a recruit today in which I lost out even though my recruiting advantage was 62 % to 38%. I wish you would STOP giving out participation trophies for effort less then First Rate. You all are watering down the game so much just to make everybody "feel good". I would not be screaming so badly, but I not only lost my first EE ever (that appeared on the big board ONLY the day he told me he was leaving), but the target of max effort to replace the Senior Guard I knew was leaving. STOP THE COIN FLIPS!!!!! 62 to 38 all day long should have been my recruit. You should ONLY have coin flips between teams 45 to 55 percent because coin flips are 50/50.
7/19/2017 10:54 AM
CS Response:
Hi Tom,

This player signed with Illinois because Illinois had better preferences and a higher prestige, which allowed him to stay in the running fairly easily.

We understand that there are frustrations with the new recruiting system and the signing odds, but we are content with where things are at this point and do not anticipate any large changes in the near future.

Thanks.
7/19/2017 10:55 AM
My Counter:
If what you say is true, WHY would you allow my lousy team to be a sixty two preference. All your formula's and code and you can speak all the gobble de **** you want, I should not have been a 62 percent preference when he signed. I have not ever thought you guys in CS do not understand the logic of all of us Coaches being mad. As a former High School Coach who has been in the room when a kid has said I will come to your College, None of them, and I MEAN NONE OF THEM preferred another school sixty two percent to thirty eight percent and SIGNED with the lesser school. Get your heads out of the code, and CHANGE THE LOGIC. If I am ahead 62-38, and he likes the other school more, then change his preference percentage. I am assuming that nobody ever told you directly, it is not the coin flip situation at 62-38....I have been with that kid, and HE IS NOT SIGNING WITH ILLINOIS!!! Keep the coin flips in for between 45 and 55, not 62-38.
7/19/2017 10:57 AM
i agree with cs..life ain't fair..stop calling them coin flips! remember when lebron skated to miami?
7/19/2017 11:00 AM
And the final response so you all can laugh along with me:
Hi Tom,

We are currently happy with how the game is operating.

Thank you for the feedback
7/19/2017 11:01 AM
I like your whining.
7/19/2017 11:02 AM
Coin flips aren't 55/45 either.
7/19/2017 11:03 AM
Posted by franklynne on 7/19/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
i agree with cs..life ain't fair..stop calling them coin flips! remember when lebron skated to miami?
Yeah, but he was 100 percent sure of leaving Cleveland.

And I am not mad at the Coach that signed him away from me, just by the percentages of "preferences". If we are that far apart, the whole process is random and we all need to go play EA Sports video games. The games are not the only competition. The game within the game is fun too. This is just stupid logic and that was my point. The logic code is the problem, and not the coin flip.
7/19/2017 11:05 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 7/19/2017 10:54:00 AM (view original):
I very well may be banned by CS for this, but I recently lost what I deemed an unfair coin flip, and the back and forth response from CS leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Her is my FIRST AMENDMENT free speech (whining). By ranting, I may get over it.
ME: I lost a recruit today in which I lost out even though my recruiting advantage was 62 % to 38%. I wish you would STOP giving out participation trophies for effort less then First Rate. You all are watering down the game so much just to make everybody "feel good". I would not be screaming so badly, but I not only lost my first EE ever (that appeared on the big board ONLY the day he told me he was leaving), but the target of max effort to replace the Senior Guard I knew was leaving. STOP THE COIN FLIPS!!!!! 62 to 38 all day long should have been my recruit. You should ONLY have coin flips between teams 45 to 55 percent because coin flips are 50/50.
I agree with you that the recruiting system should be changed so that if someone's not at at least 40%, they have no chance to win. Unfortunately, you and I appear to be in the minority -- and even if we weren't, WIS has shown no appetite/inclination/competence to fix obvious 3.0 issues. (At least update the national champions page -- there's NO ONE who thinks that's a bad idea.)
7/19/2017 11:06 AM
I'd be more annoyed at losing an EE who wasn't even on the big board.
7/19/2017 11:08 AM
I hear both sides, but agree a lot about current recruiting is messed up.

If he had a higher prestige it's very realistic that he shouldn't have to put as much effort. Look at all the real life recruits now that team have been going after hard but they have Kansas, Kentucky or Duke on their list who just haven't offered a scholarship yet because the recruits are backup plans, but once they offer they don't have to put as much effort in.

At the same time, the percentages shown should be percentage chance you have to win the battle, not just based on effort. If the other team has better preferences, I would think that's reflected in the percentage, so not sure what CS is talking about.
7/19/2017 11:09 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 7/19/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 7/19/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, but he was 100 percent sure of leaving Cleveland.

And I am not mad at the Coach that signed him away from me, just by the percentages of "preferences". If we are that far apart, the whole process is random and we all need to go play EA Sports video games. The games are not the only competition. The game within the game is fun too. This is just stupid logic and that was my point. The logic code is the problem, and not the coin flip.
that certainly was not true..every indication at the time was he was re-signing..byron scott was just hired to coach the cavs..he was very much looking forward to coming to cleveland with james re-signing..guess you don't remember the burning of jerseys?
7/19/2017 11:13 AM
Your 62 to 38 was probably something like a 55-45 if you only count effort, preferences, and prestige. The "coin flip" gives an advantage (odd stretching) to the team in the lead so that the person with the most cumulative effort wins more often.

You are probably complaining about something you kinda agree with it.
7/19/2017 11:17 AM
That's kick in the sack info.
7/19/2017 11:24 AM
The real headline here is CS responded to the ticket. Glad to hear those old boys are alive.
7/19/2017 11:29 AM
1234 Next ▸
Recruiting Coin Flips Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.