Big 10 Chat history requested by truedevil33 Topic

This is the most active Conference Chat board I have been a part of. If anyone knows how to retrieve archived web pages there are some epic days of chat during recruiting - especially before WIS came in and deleted most of it.

Here are all of the pages of chat that I currently have access to:
7/18 8:08 PM ebel331 Purdue lot of seniors. purdue wont win a game next year
7/18 7:56 PM tigerpark135 Michigan I am pretty impressed with how well purdue and Michigan State did this season.
7/18 7:54 PM tigerpark135 Michigan At least one of the Big Ten teams got in. basing how miami struggled with Kent State, I am going to say ND by 15.
7/18 7:20 PM ebel331 Purdue nice job zach, gl in your bowl!
7/18 7:18 PM ebel331 Purdue OUCH Michigan ranked 3-1-1 that's tough. Usually WIS rank favors scheduling, if you see WIS higher than Press/Coach they are scheduling well. Sick miss though. Also tough for Nebraska, undefeated big12 champ, i know everyone can't go but i ...
7/18 7:18 PM ebel331 Purdue ...though he might jump to #2
7/18 3:49 PM zach1442 Minnesota Hardest I've ever worked for a 7-6 season! First, I apologize for being in some kinda funk during OOC and putting myself in a hole! Second, I apologize for next season's OOC...I panicked and put in 3 SIMS. That said, HAPPY with my Bowl. I ...
7/18 3:49 PM zach1442 Minnesota ...figured on a cheap Lvl 1 but the Lvl 3 is pretty good for 7-6. Just want to do my part in Bowl $$. Good Luck to all!
7/18 3:22 PM tigerpark135 Michigan thanks zach
7/18 3:13 PM tigerpark135 Michigan That is kind of funny isn't it AlekTx2015. Honestly, I looked at it and kind of giggled myself.
7/18 3:10 PM AlekTx2015 Texas A&M
(Big 12)
Hahahahaha Michigan hahhahaa
7/18 2:43 PM zach1442 Minnesota Congrats on the CC tiger...
7/18 7:47 AM tigerpark135 Michigan Yeah well, none of the elites in the BIG Ten stretch themselves thin. Unless of course they are ganged up on by multiple coaches. But even then the coaches here are very wise with their $. Chetty you sound as if we should be blowing our money like ...
7/18 7:47 AM tigerpark135 Michigan ...idiots so that you can have a chance. And horvie the one LB that you refer to that I jacked from you; I also proved(with a screen capture) that I was sending CV's from the very first cycle. And Blitz, I HATE the forum. I only go there to ...
7/18 7:47 AM tigerpark135 Michigan ...help noobs when I am bored in our off season. Ebel-"winter is coming"...No ****! I know why you are here and what your objective is. I know what you are going to do with this large class. You are too obvious! Have fun with that!
7/17 11:27 PM blitziscomin Indiana I just started a thread on the Leahy board so we can take our whining there.....lol.
7/17 11:23 PM horvie78 Michigan State Ha, the "top" recruits TP mentioned were a #48 ranked RB and a #50-something DL...whoopty doo! Meanwhile, he jumped in late on a high ranked recruit that I had green in each of my first 3 seasons. I wish he would stop talking about how ...
7/17 11:23 PM horvie78 Michigan State ..."generous" he's been to me. Chetty definitely knows what's up.
7/17 10:32 PM chetty1963 Northwestern I apologize for cluttering up the board. I've said my piece. Good luck guys.
7/17 10:30 PM chetty1963 Northwestern You made my point. The conference alliance system only benefits the elites because your dollars aren't being stretched. Non-elites win recruits when elites stretch themselves too thin. The system in place creates that additional advantage, ...
7/17 10:30 PM chetty1963 Northwestern ...that keep you strong and everyone else three steps behind, I'm assuming by your comment that you've got Horvie in line, so who do you have to worry about if you don't have to be concerned with your fellow elites? Nebraska? Syracuse? ...
7/17 10:30 PM chetty1963 Northwestern ...
7/17 9:58 PM ebel331 Purdue Winter is coming
7/17 8:29 PM tigerpark135 Michigan heck, cust service made it clear to me that you can even tell every coach how much money you are going to make your rivals spend in hopes of enticing other coaches to jump in and help. If that aint collusion then I don't know what is.
7/17 8:27 PM tigerpark135 Michigan and chetty there is absolutely no collusion with anyone.
7/17 8:25 PM tigerpark135 Michigan Chetty, every single year horvie has been at Mich state I have left 2 0r 3 top recruits for him to build with. Ebel, at UCF that is absolutely the right idea with the fla elites. But you wouldnt want to do that to southern miss, east carolina, or ...
7/17 8:25 PM tigerpark135 Michigan ...hypothetically anyone else in your conference. You would cutting off the hand that can give you more. I used to snag recruits from OSU, mich and ND when I was at Ball State. I said when all things are equal an elite can't lose a battle to bcs ...
7/17 8:25 PM tigerpark135 Michigan ...teams. Of course there are coaches who over extend themselves and can be taken. By avoiding battles with my conference mates I have historically relied on extra money to take one blue chip from another out of conference elite. I haven't ...
7/17 8:25 PM tigerpark135 Michigan ...been able to accomplish this in 3 seasons. Other conference elites are stronger now. Btw, that qb last season was "low potential."
7/17 7:55 PM chetty1963 Northwestern TP, your scheme has nothing to do with helping your conf mates, its design is to ensure you have the best talent. If you can avoid other B1G elites, then who's going to have the funds to challenge you for a recruit? No one. For a non-elite to ...
7/17 7:55 PM chetty1963 Northwestern ...have a chance, they must be able to get some of the top recruits. By eliminating in-conf battles, you have even more funds to defend your recruits. Meanwhile, the non-elites can have the leftovers. I really thought I could make a go of this. ...
7/17 7:55 PM chetty1963 Northwestern ...Call it whatever you want. But, I believe it's collusion, plain and simple, and it's just not right.
7/17 7:45 PM ebel331 Purdue When I built UCF dynasty I took recruits from UF, FSU, Miami all the time. And that's not even a BCS school. Everyone has a budget. So when TP says a BCS school can't win vs elite I don't even know what that means. I do agree that ...
7/17 7:45 PM ebel331 Purdue ...dumping bankroll on 1 player was dumb, normally wouldn't do that, but since Purdue has such a ridiculous unbalanced classes, last season I decided to just sign 3 pimp players and redshirt them to join this big class... then I got 2 LBs i liked ...
7/17 7:45 PM ebel331 Purdue ...for next to nothing and was sitting there with a bunch of money i decided to throw it at Michigan QB. Mostly cause the other QBs i liked were turd potential. I made a mistake in not waiting longer to make move or I think I would have got him, ...
7/17 7:45 PM ebel331 Purdue ...but I was mad about the TP virginia recruiting post so I dropped the hammer too early
7/17 4:11 PM blitziscomin Indiana I have built two programs by basically raiding elite talent because they would get greedy and overextend their recruiting. I seized on opportunities. Their programs were hurt 3-4 seasons down the road and I was playing in the CC games with a secure ...
7/17 4:11 PM blitziscomin Indiana ...job. That is the big picture for a non-elite.
7/17 4:04 PM blitziscomin Indiana Big picture is different for an elite vs non elite. I see the world completely different on my Oklahoma and Michigan teams than I do on my Texas A&M and Indiana teams. I don't think you should say a local BCS school "cannot win a ...
7/17 4:04 PM blitziscomin Indiana ...battle" against an elite because things are never equal.
7/17 1:32 PM tigerpark135 Michigan geez i need to proof read better
7/17 1:31 PM tigerpark135 Michigan Chetty, you only further my point. A local BCS school cannot win a battle against an elite when all things remain equal. No more so than a midmajor can win against you. As for the "big picture", why would I want to bury a team that can ...
7/17 1:31 PM tigerpark135 Michigan ...ultimately create more Virginia was able to take the 2nd best DL in the nation while big ten teams were cutting themselves up. That is the big picture to which I refer. If you can't see it; then I am glad you are going. I am not asking ...
7/17 1:31 PM tigerpark135 Michigan ...for asking for all big ten coaches to not battle each other but the what ebel did last season spending an entire bankroll on one player ultimately wrecking his class makes zero sense.
7/17 10:49 AM ebel331 Purdue I agree 100
7/16 10:52 PM chetty1963 Northwestern I'm done with this world guys - TP's comment about not seeing the "big picture" is something I don't want any part of, or be associated with I'm already at a severe disadvantage against elites, and it's ridiculous that ...
7/16 10:52 PM chetty1963 Northwestern ...any coach at an elite would feel the need to stack the deck even further. Whatever winks and unwritten agreements that exist here may not be technically against the rules, but it's a disgrace nonetheless.
7/16 7:24 PM ebel331 Purdue which coaches won't play you? lets start with elites and call those punks out!
7/16 7:18 PM tigerpark135 Michigan no one will play me ebel. i am lucky to get those bcs teams.
7/16 7:06 PM ebel331 Purdue seriously your noncon games are embarrassing. if the big10 is gonna be a thing, i can't be represented like that.
7/16 7:03 PM ebel331 Purdue the 'big picture' is michigan ranked #3 thanks to #5 SOS even though you scheduled total chicken **** noncon schedule. YOU'RE WELCOME!
7/16 5:15 PM blitziscomin Indiana I have been sizing up the Big East and Big 12 recruiting areas today. They aren't going to like me after this recruiting season is over.......
7/16 5:01 PM tigerpark135 Michigan unfortunately some coaches haven't yet been able to grasp the concept of the "big picture" and how it would ultimately benefit them. Chances are they will squander it trying to get one or two blue chips from conference mates.
7/16 4:06 PM blitziscomin Indiana At $113k bowl money I calculate the conference will have a combined $3,583,000 recruiting money this season. Ebel will lead the way with $533k. I've never seen a coach have $500k. I've never seen human coaches in a conference come close to ...
7/16 4:06 PM blitziscomin Indiana ...$3 million total recruiting money.
7/16 3:34 PM blitziscomin Indiana 3 Level 5s @ 15k, 2 Level 4s @ 10k, 1 Level 3 @ 8k, 1 Level 2 @ 6k, 1 Level 1 @ 4k = $113k bowl money if 8 make it and Mich/PSU/ND get Level 5s, and two of Mich St/Ill/OSU get Level 4 while one gets Level 3.
7/16 3:24 PM blitziscomin Indiana That will be awesome! We have 80k bowl money in Bryant Big 10 this season. This could top that. My first season I have 6 losses but 5 were very close. Guess I can live with that.
7/16 3:13 PM tigerpark135 Michigan I think we will get 9 into bowls. Maybe even 10 if 1 of the 2 projected 6-7 teams gets in.
7/16 2:56 PM horvie78 Michigan State GG Zach
7/16 2:40 PM zach1442 Minnesota Good Game horvie...
7/15 4:02 PM blitziscomin Indiana wtf is going on. ebel beats me not even using his shotgun? This instate rivalry just got real.
7/15 3:34 PM zach1442 Minnesota Good Game lyonzfan...I was embarrassed by my first half performance. That one should have been yours!
7/14 6:56 PM blitziscomin Indiana My team is living the Tom Petty classic "free fallin".
7/14 5:09 PM horvie78 Michigan State gg lyonzfan...thought you were going to win that one
7/14 3:31 PM lyonzfan37 Wisconsin GG horvie. Close but no cigar for the Badgers.
7/14 2:36 PM zach1442 Minnesota Holy crap Batman...
7/12 4:26 PM tigerpark135 Michigan gg ESF
7/10 8:09 AM tigerpark135 Michigan Blitz, I am thinking everyone could hit a bowl this season. Minn. and OSU both will pull themselves above .500 and qualify. I actually see Indiana, Purdue, and Northwestern on the outside looking in. But if they all split wins with each other and ...
7/10 8:09 AM tigerpark135 Michigan ...pull off an upset against another Big Ten BCS then they could get in.
7/09 6:45 PM ebel331 Purdue Michigan lucky don't have Purdue on schedule
7/09 6:12 PM blitziscomin Indiana Predictions on how many teams qualify for bowl games? The optimist in me thinks nine of us can qualify this season.
7/09 4:41 PM lyonzfan37 Wisconsin Now for the losing. Good luck gents.
7/09 12:37 PM epc0023 Air Force
(PAC-10)
Thanks chatty. I was a bit surprised. Looking forward to seeing you at the top of the Big 10. ;)
7/08 4:32 PM zach1442 Minnesota ...same, plus I'm the 2Ls!!
7/08 3:23 PM chetty1963 Northwestern This is hilarious - after the Buffalo game my conf opponents combined record is 30-2. I'll need divine intervention to find two wins in B1G play to become bowl eligible - assuming I don't wet the bed against Buffalo:)
7/07 7:56 PM ebel331 Purdue got my 3 wins :) job status VERY SECURE lock it up
7/06 2:56 PM chrondon84 Oregon State
(PAC-10)
Gg Zach. That was an odd one. I lost to a SIM in wilk yesterday so the football gods were trying to make it up to me.
7/06 2:54 PM lyonzfan37 Wisconsin Thanks Zach :(
7/06 2:45 PM zach1442 Minnesota I figured I'd be the guy...
7/06 2:37 PM ebel331 Purdue almost 24-0 way to let everyone down zach!

7/19/2017 1:45 PM
TP why do you whine so much lol
7/19/2017 2:20 PM
Seriously though... that roster of coaches in the B1G look to have all been around for triple digit seasons in WIS and with a complete list of accomplishments. Any of you taken a stand and forced an elite out of a program for not respecting the game? I don't want to come off as holier than though, I wouldn't sacrifice 3-4 seasons to do it, but I'm new to this game AND we're not talking about what I would do, but what you would.

When moving up to D1 this past season I looked at going into the B1G to be able to compete with that line-up. Only for a second though. I knew TP's reputation and wrap sheet. I honest to God considered jus staying in D1AA because of it. The reason I moved up was cause I saw the coaches in the same conference he's in and respected you guys and figured if you were up to it I was too. He's a scum bag, and he'd gladly deystroy the game altogether if it ended with him on top. No Respect. I guess what I'm saying is the ******** and moaning is pointless. The a-hole doesn't deal in corporate logic, so save your key strokes. Accept it and let it be, or take action. Leaving the conference is action. So is community justice.
7/19/2017 3:21 PM
I've actually re-considered and plan on staying at Northwestern. Not because I feel I can change anything, but because I knew what I was going to be up against when I joined. Running away would not solve anything. I need to finish what I started.

It all started as I walked into the desert last night (it was actually my backyard, but it's been at least a week since it rained) after losing my last game against Minnesota, I stumbled and fell down a steep dune (might have been a mole hill). When I awoke, I was given this enlightenment.

I knew this was not just a game anymore, and this is not just a conference. This is a fight for all that is good. Truth and justice no longer exist in our world. We must answer the call of those crying in the darkness and give them hope. We must re-write history, or we will certainly perish.

Gentlemen, This is Thunderdome!

7/19/2017 6:27 PM
7/06 2:37 PM ebel331 Purdue almost 24-0 way to let everyone down zach!

Thanks, again, Zach
7/19/2017 8:51 PM
YW. Just doing my part for God and Conference!
7/19/2017 11:38 PM
schoolyme, easy with the name calling. I am interested in hearing what you have to say but there is no need for calling me a scumbag. I'm not. I am simply a guy trying to win at a game I enjoy. I try to plant the seeds of my rationale of success in people close to me. Most understand, some don't. To each is his own.

Chetty, I had the same epiphany when I was accused and later absolved of cheating about 5 months ago. Ever since then I have had to deal with unlimited ridiculous accusations. Honestly this only motivates me even further. It has all become the game within the game to me.
7/20/2017 1:27 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 7/20/2017 1:27:00 PM (view original):
schoolyme, easy with the name calling. I am interested in hearing what you have to say but there is no need for calling me a scumbag. I'm not. I am simply a guy trying to win at a game I enjoy. I try to plant the seeds of my rationale of success in people close to me. Most understand, some don't. To each is his own.

Chetty, I had the same epiphany when I was accused and later absolved of cheating about 5 months ago. Ever since then I have had to deal with unlimited ridiculous accusations. Honestly this only motivates me even further. It has all become the game within the game to me.
You weren't absolved of cheating, WIS said they hadn't caught you doing anything they could punish.

Your JConte Lifetime Achievement Award in the Field of Cheating is secure.
7/20/2017 3:39 PM
Is there two Arizona State fans here? Or are they the same person?
7/20/2017 4:11 PM
Different people. true is a good guy.
7/20/2017 4:14 PM
TP, you're correct. The name calling was inappropriate and juvenile. I apologize.

OJ was absolved too.

Keep your seed far from me, and just some legal advice - probably a good idea to do the same with your teenage wrestling students.
7/20/2017 9:34 PM
Posted by SchoolyMe on 7/20/2017 9:34:00 PM (view original):
TP, you're correct. The name calling was inappropriate and juvenile. I apologize.

OJ was absolved too.

Keep your seed far from me, and just some legal advice - probably a good idea to do the same with your teenage wrestling students.
come on man, I use questionable techniques "by some" (within the parameters of our guidelines) for an online simulation game and you are going to compare me to OJ the true murdering scumbag? and I am not even sure what is going on in your head with the legal advice quote.
7/21/2017 4:39 AM
Posted by columbusbuck on 7/20/2017 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Is there two Arizona State fans here? Or are they the same person?
This thread has found both ASU fans in GD. You should feel blessed with our presence.
7/21/2017 9:26 AM

This thread has found both ASU fans in GD. You should feel blessed with our presence.

I've had good experience with Sun Devil fans. I'd even give them John Cooper back if they wanted him.
7/22/2017 4:17 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 7/21/2017 4:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by SchoolyMe on 7/20/2017 9:34:00 PM (view original):

OJ was absolved too.

come on man, I use questionable techniques "by some" (within the parameters of our guidelines) for an online simulation game and you are going to compare me to OJ the true murdering scumbag? and I am not even sure what is going on in your head with the legal advice quote.
This is an area that TP and I agree.

He and I don't agree on what is fair play, but I think we need to draw the line at personal attacks. I've sitemailed him numerous times in the last year, and he has always been incredibly cordial, despite all the attacks. I do believe he is a good guy.

7/23/2017 12:50 AM
12 Next ▸
Big 10 Chat history requested by truedevil33 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.