My Fine Organization Topic

"My son has decided against signing a pro contract this season. He's got a laundry list of reasons why, none of which have to do with your fine organization. Thanks for the interest in my son, but he's heading in a different direction for the time being."

Once I get the Red X, can I still send another offer? I can't find any link to doing so.
7/20/2017 3:33 PM
If you didn't delete the email, you can access the offer page from there.
7/20/2017 3:37 PM
Where in the e-mail? He never countered, so I have two e-mails from his mom -- the other one said: "We're delighted your franchise could come up with the dough we were shooting for, but Evan is serious about finishing up his degree. If anything changes, we'll let you know."
7/20/2017 4:09 PM
Not IN the e-mail. On your main e-mail page you'll see the subject line, with an Arrow box next to it. That Arrow box is your ONLY link to re-opening negotiations, so don't delete the e-mail.

7/20/2017 4:11 PM
Aha -- wow never saw that before. Thank you. Any suggestions as to what to offer a guy that says they are going back to school?
7/20/2017 5:47 PM (edited)
You'll get different advice. I've heard you can just keep offering the same thing until he takes it. I only ever did it with one player, because I'd invested a higher draft pick in him and really didn't feel like settling for the Type D pick. I think I made four offers, with slight increases each time.

7/20/2017 5:57 PM
Just offer his demand. I've had a guy decline 3x's before accepting the 4th. Not sure if it's guaranteed to work but it's worked every time for me with that particular case being the most offers.
7/21/2017 8:47 PM
Posted by brianplath on 7/21/2017 8:47:00 PM (view original):
Just offer his demand. I've had a guy decline 3x's before accepting the 4th. Not sure if it's guaranteed to work but it's worked every time for me with that particular case being the most offers.
7/22/2017 6:48 PM
If his Mom's still negotiating for him instead of your World's version of Scott Boras ... I doubt he's gonna pan out !
7/30/2017 5:51 PM
My Fine Organization Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.