Late Round Big Leaguers Topic

yes, before they are signed you see no ratings
11/6/2017 12:15 PM
Just drafted Juan Corpas with the 827th pick.
1/30/2018 12:23 PM
Anyone got any suggestions for adjusting prospect rankings to improve your odds of finding these guys that seem to miss everyone else's draft boards?

I can think of one or two. You could put all 22 y/o's at the bottom of your board since any 22 y/o that slips through should be in the following season's FA pool. This is assuming you are willing and able to make a competitive bid in the following season's FA market.

If your world has a significant imbalance between team HS and Col avg scouting budgets it might make sense for you to bump all players in the one that has a lower avg team budget since fewer of those guys should be scouted.
1/30/2018 4:18 PM
I'm not sure, but it almost seems as though it's designed so we can't find a way to see them. As in perhaps random gems are just inserted in to the late rounds that no one has really scouted. That would somewhat mirror the finding of late-round gems in real life. Obviously great MLers that were drafted in the 20th round were still there to be scouted by every team, but were continually passed up.
1/30/2018 4:30 PM
One thing I do in the league where I have 20 mil scouting in HS, I dump the worst prospects to the end of my list.

20 mil HS usually shows me only about 200 players with projections. Of those, the bottom 100 are usually garbage, as in, projected 40 overall. So the last thing I've done, after pre-ranking the real prospects, I nuke the garbage. I don't want to be drafting those guys in the 6th-10th rounds; I'd rather just get a lottery ticket unscouted College player.

Sure I still waste some bonus money finding out if they're any good, but at least it isn't a totally guaranteed waste.

But also like Jtp suggests, I'm kinda wondering if these players are actually not fully scouted by anyone, and they're just random drops.

1/30/2018 5:00 PM
Yeah, forgot to mention that one damag. I rank all ??? player above all players who don't have a shot making the majors.

I don't think it's random gems being inserted. Whenever you add a random element, such as each team only sees x% of the player pool, then every once in a while a good/great player is going to miss every team's scouts. And then we're left with playing the lottery and hoping someone snaps him up in their ??? player pool or never getting drafted at all and falling into the ether.
1/30/2018 5:23 PM
I think quite a few more owners than before are now scouting the 23 yr olds at the beginning of the season.

1/30/2018 5:55 PM
This guy is a beast and a perfect candidate for this thread. SICK!

Round 20 unscouted and signed blind:

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8351684

1/18/2019 5:58 PM
◂ Prev 123
Late Round Big Leaguers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.