Who gets Michigan with nortonis at Penn State now Topic

Will any elite want to change scenery and take over a top program built by nortonis? My initial guess is no coach currently at an elite will apply for Michigan (I'm not applying - I haven't talked to any coach about the Michigan job). I am guessing bama2448 prefers Miami over Michigan but I have no idea. Would awags take his title and ride off in the sunset out of Alabama?

jasonfreeman is my favorite to get the job. Is it worth leaving California for Michigan?

Can lyonzfan emerge as a dark horse candidate? He has built Colorado into a top program. He could be the favorite if jasonfreeman wants to stay on the west coast.

Who are coaches currently at non-elite programs that are the top candidates for Michigan?
7/20/2017 3:48 PM
Awags wouldn't take Michigan if it was the last job on earth. Go Buckeyes!
7/20/2017 4:06 PM
Michigan is only as good as the coach really. It's tied for the lowest elite NC total with Nebraska, with about half as many as Ohio State lifetime. I'd say it's on par with Nebraska, the extra bowl money being in the B1G is outweighed by the fact that Nebraska has some recruits <180 miles they can dominate, whereas everyone <180miles for Michigan is the same for one of OSU/ND/PSU. It's a brutal recruiting spot.
7/20/2017 4:06 PM
I will be staying at Miami. Not interested in the Michigan job.
7/20/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by z32fanatic on 7/20/2017 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Michigan is only as good as the coach really. It's tied for the lowest elite NC total with Nebraska, with about half as many as Ohio State lifetime. I'd say it's on par with Nebraska, the extra bowl money being in the B1G is outweighed by the fact that Nebraska has some recruits <180 miles they can dominate, whereas everyone <180miles for Michigan is the same for one of OSU/ND/PSU. It's a brutal recruiting spot.
This is correct. I had Michigan in Rockne for a long while and could never quite turn the corner and get a championship. Butting heads with anOSU and ND was pretty exasperating.
7/20/2017 4:21 PM
I agree with z partially, though I would put Florida State on that same tier. Competition isn't quite as fierce, but still 5 elites with 400 miles, and the recruit distribution is terrible there. In Warner, in the last 4 seasons, there has been 5, 4, 6, and now 2 DIA total recruits within 100 miles, so there's virtually no one that can you lock up with the hometown discount.
7/20/2017 4:26 PM
Can't be worse than Colorado....¯\_(?)_/¯
7/20/2017 4:29 PM
Who gets Michigan with nortonis at Penn State now Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.