- Complaints
- Denials
- Loopholes
- Closed loopholes
- Empty promises
- Complaints
- Silence

Did I miss any?
I knew about the glitch and the claim that they fixed it. What does that have to do with Clemson and kcsundevil?
7/21/2017 12:35 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 12:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by beachhouse on 7/21/2017 12:33:00 PM (view original):
- WE glitch
- WE glitch used
- WE glitch abused
- Complaints
- Denials
- Loopholes
- Closed loopholes
- Empty promises
- Complaints
- Silence

Did I miss any?
I knew about the glitch and the claim that they fixed it. What does that have to do with Clemson and kcsundevil?
I was a regular poster in a WIS Support thread on this issue. Benis contributed a few posts about Spud. I asked him to stop since Spud-talk might cause WIS to delete the thread. Shortly thereafter, thread was deleted. (I think it was because they were gonna kill it at 200 posts no matter what, not Benis's fault.)
7/21/2017 12:47 PM
zorzii-Clemson was the loudest complainer. Said he was dropping all but one of his teams. Clemson/Wake share a conference.
7/21/2017 12:51 PM
I think the fact that they fixed the work ethic bug and people are still complaining is sad on so many levels.

There are much more important issues with 3.0. The early entry situation. The list of considering teams, only being able to view the Top 10. Other needed fixes with 3.0. Where is the outrage when these things needed to be addressed?

kcsundevil was the one that told us that WIS support would get back to us. However, unless he was sent a ticket that was responded to, I don't recall reading that in any post.
7/21/2017 1:07 PM (edited)
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/21/2017 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I think the fact that they fixed the work ethic bug and people are still complaining is sad on so many levels.

There are much more important issues with 3.0. The early entry situation. The list of considering teams, only being able to view the Top 10. Other needed fixes with 3.0. Where is the outrage when these things needed to be addressed?

kcsundevil was the one that told us that WIS support would get back to us. However, unless he was sent a ticket that was responded to, I don't recall reading that in any post.
WIS deleted the thread. We remembered it.
7/21/2017 1:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/21/2017 12:51:00 PM (view original):
zorzii-Clemson was the loudest complainer. Said he was dropping all but one of his teams. Clemson/Wake share a conference.
Ah, got it. Thanks.
7/21/2017 1:13 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/21/2017 1:09:00 PM (view original):

WIS deleted the thread. We remembered it.
I saw that, but never saw anything posted that suggested they would get back to any specific one person or they would even respond with a potential solution.

What they did say, if I recall correctly, not an exact quote something to the effect of not banning or removing any accounts, but will decide, "if any", moderate punishment will be handed down.
7/21/2017 1:13 PM
My opinion: they fixed the bug, it's a non-issue going forward. No reason to continue to complain.
7/21/2017 1:14 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 1:14:00 PM (view original):
My opinion: they fixed the bug, it's a non-issue going forward. No reason to continue to complain.
The definition of "fixed" is still being debated.

Wiz Forest and other unsportsmanlike coaches who did this will enjoy long term benefits from this bug.
7/21/2017 1:18 PM

I'm not sure you're the go-to user on what's fair in this situation.
7/21/2017 1:22 PM
I guess. My definition of fixed is that they closed the loophole. No one can exploit it anymore. That works for me.
7/21/2017 1:23 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 1:23:00 PM (view original):
I guess. My definition of fixed is that they closed the loophole. No one can exploit it anymore. That works for me.
Wiz Forest and others are still exploiting the bug by using players who got pumped up via the bug.
7/21/2017 1:27 PM
But there's no easy way to fix that. The game had a loophole. Loophole is now closed. Life goes on.
7/21/2017 1:40 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 1:40:00 PM (view original):
But there's no easy way to fix that. The game had a loophole. Loophole is now closed. Life goes on.
WIS has two bad options:

1) Do nothing and let the exploited teams maintain an unearned competitive advantage over honest coaches.
2) Impair or eliminate the players who clearly benefitted from the exploit, incurring the wrath of those coaches.

It's a hard choice, but WIS collects our money to run a game. They have to make the choice, and they said they would announce the choice.
7/21/2017 1:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/21/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):

I'm not sure you're the go-to user on what's fair in this situation.
Playing slowdown against an uptempo team is unfair. Not winning a recruit, despite having 75% signing odds is unfair, which happened to me the previous season. Had another coach drop a bunch of HVs on the last cycle to win the recruit a few seasons back in unfair. It's all part of the game and life goes on.
7/21/2017 1:51 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Sorry kcsundevil Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.