Sorry kcsundevil Topic

It seems like there was not an easy way for WIS to figure out which players exploited the loophole.
7/21/2017 1:52 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/21/2017 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/21/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/21/2017 1:07:00 PM (view original):
I think the fact that they fixed the work ethic bug and people are still complaining is sad on so many levels.

There are much more important issues with 3.0. The early entry situation. The list of considering teams, only being able to view the Top 10. Other needed fixes with 3.0. Where is the outrage when these things needed to be addressed?

kcsundevil was the one that told us that WIS support would get back to us. However, unless he was sent a ticket that was responded to, I don't recall reading that in any post.
I'm not sure you're the go-to user on what's fair in this situation.
Playing slowdown against an uptempo team is unfair. Not winning a recruit, despite having 75% signing odds is unfair, which happened to me the previous season. Had another coach drop a bunch of HVs on the last cycle to win the recruit a few seasons back in unfair. It's all part of the game and life goes on.
To engage in debate would mean I think those are similar situations. Therefore,......................................
7/21/2017 2:01 PM
I think the fact that they fixed the work ethic bug and people are still complaining is sad on so many levels.

There are much more important issues with 3.0. The early entry situation. The list of considering teams, only being able to view the Top 10. Other needed fixes with 3.0. Where is the outrage when these things needed to be addressed?

kcsundevil was the one that told us that WIS support would get back to us. However, unless he was sent a ticket that was responded to, I don't recall reading that in any post.
Playing slowdown against an uptempo team is unfair. Not winning a recruit, despite having 75% signing odds is unfair, which happened to me the previous season. Had another coach drop a bunch of HVs on the last cycle to win the recruit a few seasons back in unfair. It's all part of the game and life goes on.
Um...those aren't analogous. Those are strategies designed to be part of the game. You (and others) exploited a loophole. I'm not of the opinion that you should be punished, but let's not pretend that what you did was part of the game.
7/21/2017 2:04 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):

Um...those aren't analogous. Those are strategies designed to be part of the game. You (and others) exploited a loophole. I'm not of the opinion that you should be punished, but let's not pretend that what you did was part of the game.
I'm not saying it's part of the game, but there is a difference from "being part of the game" and "being unfair" . The word unfair doesn't apply to the WE situation, because I can come up with a whole list of things that are unfair.
7/21/2017 2:11 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/21/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 2:04:00 PM (view original):

I'm not saying it's part of the game, but there is a difference from "being part of the game" and "being unfair" . The word unfair doesn't apply to the WE situation, because I can come up with a whole list of things that are unfair.
Eh, I disagree. It's not unfair to lose out on a 75% recruit. It's not unfair for someone to play slowdown against an uptempo team.

It is unfair for someone to exploit a loophole that relatively few people know about to improve players beyond a normal amount.
7/21/2017 2:15 PM
Everyone has their own definition of what unfair is. I'm not saying you're wrong. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to someone's opinion of fair vs unfair.
7/21/2017 2:18 PM
Let's hash this out.

What's unfair about playing slowdown vs uptempo?
7/21/2017 2:20 PM
I run +3 versus perimeter teams....is that unfair now also?
7/21/2017 3:01 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 1:52:00 PM (view original):
It seems like there was not an easy way for WIS to figure out which players exploited the loophole.
search for any offseason WE improvement.

do we have any hard questions?
7/21/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/21/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 1:52:00 PM (view original):
search for any offseason WE improvement.

do we have any hard questions?
That wouldn't catch everyone, this wasn't limited to one world.
7/21/2017 3:22 PM
one could search for offseason WE increase in each world - obviously - one hopes that WIS can do some simple searches on its data.

and yes, that would miss some folks - a further search would be for large WE increases generally. Pick a number and search.

Mitigation doesnt need to be perfect to be worth doing.

my recommendation

1. admitted users
2. search all worlds for offseason WE increase - no other way it happens
3. search all worlds for more than one player on team with WE increase of 20 or more

fix those teams and declare the matter done.

Surely that can search and sort their data using suitable tools to make this easy. If they care.
7/21/2017 3:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/21/2017 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Let's hash this out.

I gotta ask too b/c I have seen you post this multiple times. What is unfair about playing slowdown vs uptempo?
7/21/2017 3:39 PM
Posted by byeags25 on 7/21/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Let's hash this out.

I gotta ask too b/c I have seen you post this multiple times. What is unfair about playing slowdown vs uptempo?
I was responding to a post to MikeT about unfairness.

I was making a point. I don't think it's unfair. But for those that say my tactic is unfair, I can come back and say that slowdown vs uptempo is unfair, but not from a lack of sportsmanship from the coach. It's part of the game and I've accepted it. I've admitted my tactic was unsportsmanlike.Everyone has their own definition of "unfair".

To answer your question, I've played against teams with 9 or 10 players with a lower stamina that have played slowdown and yet they are still in green with 4 minutes left in the game. Definitely not the way the game has intended to work, if according to WIS they are trying to make for a realistic game. So because it's a possible programming error, does that mean those that play slow down are exploiting a glitch? Should the number of turnovers be increased per possession if a team is playing slow down since there are more passes needed to beat the press and more of the shot clock used?

So everyone has their own definition of unfairness. I can comeback and say the slowdown is a glitch, just like anyone else can say the WE bug was a glitch.

7/21/2017 5:13 PM
And for those that are still not understanding, the reason I'm posting is in response to the people that are still ******** and moaning several days after the fact, even with the WE bug has been cleared up. If WIS hasn't taken any action, it could very likely that they have not seen any wrong doing on my part. And before you respond, I did say "very likely". I think it angers people that I'm not willing to apologize or admit to any wrong doing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
7/21/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by thewizard17 on 7/21/2017 5:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by byeags25 on 7/21/2017 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Let's hash this out.

I was responding to a post to MikeT about unfairness.

I was making a point. I don't think it's unfair. But for those that say my tactic is unfair, I can come back and say that slowdown vs uptempo is unfair, but not from a lack of sportsmanship from the coach. It's part of the game and I've accepted it. I've admitted my tactic was unsportsmanlike.Everyone has their own definition of "unfair".

To answer your question, I've played against teams with 9 or 10 players with a lower stamina that have played slowdown and yet they are still in green with 4 minutes left in the game. Definitely not the way the game has intended to work, if according to WIS they are trying to make for a realistic game. So because it's a possible programming error, does that mean those that play slow down are exploiting a glitch? Should the number of turnovers be increased per possession if a team is playing slow down since there are more passes needed to beat the press and more of the shot clock used?

So everyone has their own definition of unfairness. I can comeback and say the slowdown is a glitch, just like anyone else can say the WE bug was a glitch.

Through its silence, WIS is endorsing this nonsensical stance.
7/21/2017 5:19 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Sorry kcsundevil Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.