Support deletes threads, no promised announcement Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/1/2017 1:54:00 PM (view original):
I think I went from one of the least liked users in the forums (along with Spud) to one of the least hated users in about one week when I switched my stance on Beta.
Folks around here like you when you agree with them. Not so much when you don't.
na its just nobody can stand you
8/1/2017 4:04 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/1/2017 3:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/1/2017 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 8/1/2017 2:09:00 PM (view original):
I think I went from one of the least liked users in the forums (along with Spud) to one of the least hated users in about one week when I switched my stance on Beta.
I think you're giving yourself too much credit. You were never in spuds league. And that's a good thing.
This is way back before Spud became "SPUD!" My first 30-50 posts were telling 0nly and Kernels they were crybabies and wrong. Guess they were mostly right. I have DII recruiting right now. It's a joke. Literally 10 minutes a day of thought.
I still don't believe you ever approached spud-like proportions.

If you spend 10 minutes a day recruiting at DII, you are too detail oriented. Other than scouting, my DII Grand Canyon team has cost me maybe 30 minutes combined for the three seasons I have been there...and I'm not bringing in garbage classes.
Lol. I used to spend 30 minutes a day recruiting in DII and even more in DI. I used to gameplan every day but now I only gameplan for NT games and use that extra time recruiting. I just mess around with my lineup throughout the year to confuse people and looking at 1 or 2 matchup things.
8/1/2017 4:33 PM (edited)
Why would you not gameplan? Takes a couple of minutes. Less than it took to make that post.
8/1/2017 4:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
Why would you not gameplan? Takes a couple of minutes. Less than it took to make that post.
I change my tempo and positioning. I don't change my distro and depth chart for teams. It gives away stuff for the NT.
8/1/2017 6:50 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/1/2017 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
I change my tempo and positioning. I don't change my distro and depth chart for teams. It gives away stuff for the NT.
What percentage of humans are you playing? I'm guessing I play 90% and, if I didn't change things around, I'd get my *** handed to me.
8/1/2017 8:46 PM
I wouldn't gameplay either if I had a roster full of roided up WE players.
8/2/2017 12:07 AM
appears that support plans to continue to consider possible action until all affected players graduate, then announce than no remaining players were affected
8/2/2017 10:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/1/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Folks around here like you when you agree with them. Not so much when you don't.
You got that right.
8/3/2017 10:17 AM
thread with support - more people did this than we know - support still thinking but seems unwilling to try to reset players or mitigate
7/10/2017 5:43 AM mamxet
please fix this - oi you dont it will destroy HD

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=502984
7/10/2017 11:34 AM Customer Support

We are aware of this issue and are reviewing it.

Thank you.
7/24/2017 10:22 AM mamxet
on the forum, Support said there would be an announcement when action was complete. threads deleted. no announcement

Will y'all say something about this?

Will you do anything to fix the rosters that resulted from the actions contrary to fair play?

if not, at least say to users that you decided to turn off the glitch but leave the effects as is. man up.
7/24/2017 9:20 PM Customer Support

This issue is still being reviewed and that is why there hasn't been a response.

At this point, it's unlikely that anything can be done to reverse any problems.

We can say with certainty that each player has a maximum potential for gains in each attribute, and that this glitch only allowed the players to reach their maximum potential faster. They were not making the players gain artificial gains and have higher attributes than what they would have over the course of a normal career.

Thanks.
7/24/2017 9:48 PM mamxet
It is obvious that there were things that COULD be done. The actions that could be taken would be imperfect solutions - but so is inaction.

If support has decided NOT to take any mitigating action, I would urge you to tell customers. As you continue to "review" you make it more and more difficult to take action.

Disappointing decision in my opinion, but I urge you to decide and inform customers.
7/25/2017 9:01 AM Customer Support

We understand your viewpoint here, but with this being a wide-spread issue (there were many coaches who have used this, and not just this season, but for the past few seasons), there is nothing that can be done to safely reverse the gains made.

And given that the gains were to happen over the course of the players career anyways we are, not happy with, but complacent that we can let this go, given that the original cause of the issue has been resolved. Trying to manually adjust such a large number of players across numerous teams in each world could cause us to put the game in an unstable state, with the possibility that we don't even catch every single instance. And we can't just single out one user, or a small sect of users, that may have used the glitch more than others. That would turn into a witch hunt, and we do not want to do that.

Thank you for your concern.
7/25/2017 9:05 AM mamxet
My personal view is that one could search for abberant WE increases - pick a number - which would catch those who used the glitch a lot.

BUT, if this is your conclusion, I urge you to announce it rather than letting users wonder.

No need to reply. Thanks for thoughtful answers, although I disagree.
7/25/2017 10:34 AM Customer Support

The reason we have not posted is because although we do not believe the attributes can be changed back, we are still reviewing the case.

Thanks.
8/9/2017 6:39 PM mamxet
The most famous example of this is now reportedly in the title game. Y'all have basically decided not to take further action. I urge you to man up and announce that - perhaps with the reasons that you dont want to try to reset/mitigate.

Way back in the forum threads, you said you would announce.
8/9/2017 7:00 PM
"And we can't just single out one user, or a small sect of users, that may have used the glitch more than others."

That is total BS. There is nothing to prevent you from punishing the most serious cheaters.

Edited to add that as a start, there is nothing to prevent WIS from deleting the national Coach of the Year from the cheater of the year. We all know it is totally bogus anyway.
8/10/2017 11:18 AM (edited)
Agreed.Man up and post your decision.
8/10/2017 11:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Support deletes threads, no promised announcement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.