Support deletes threads, no promised announcement Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 7/23/2017 4:17:00 AM (view original):
low WE at WIS support
Great passing rating though...pass play testing responsibility on to the paying customers, pass on fixing obvious game issues, pass time watching dust settle, pass inquiries on to support who then passes them to the next level...
7/24/2017 1:47 PM
I submitted a ticket about absence of further word - response:

This issue is still being reviewed and that is why there hasn't been a response.

At this point, it's unlikely that anything can be done to reverse any problems.

We can say with certainty that each player has a maximum potential for gains in each attribute, and that this glitch only allowed the players to reach their maximum potential faster. They were not making the players gain artificial gains and have higher attributes than what they would have over the course of a normal career.

Thanks.
7/24/2017 9:50 PM
my response to Support:

It is obvious that there were things that COULD be done. The actions that could be taken would be imperfect solutions - but so is inaction.

If support has decided NOT to take any mitigating action, I would urge you to tell customers. As you continue to "review" you make it more and more difficult to take action.

Disappointing decision in my opinion, but I urge you to decide and inform customers.
7/24/2017 9:50 PM
There is no "inaction." Since they are aware of the cheating, (probably more aware of it than any of us), anything they do or don't do is an action and reflects their decision. They either punish cheating or sanction cheating. So far they have sanctioned it. I hope they change their mind and give the cheating the punishment it deserves.
7/24/2017 10:05 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 7/24/2017 10:05:00 PM (view original):
There is no "inaction." Since they are aware of the cheating, (probably more aware of it than any of us), anything they do or don't do is an action and reflects their decision. They either punish cheating or sanction cheating. So far they have sanctioned it. I hope they change their mind and give the cheating the punishment it deserves.
Oh no. Poor Spud is going to call the Wahbulance. Poor baby! In the meantime, keep 500 feet from the school
7/24/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by mamxet on 7/24/2017 9:51:00 PM (view original):
my response to Support:

It is obvious that there were things that COULD be done. The actions that could be taken would be imperfect solutions - but so is inaction.

If support has decided NOT to take any mitigating action, I would urge you to tell customers. As you continue to "review" you make it more and more difficult to take action.

Disappointing decision in my opinion, but I urge you to decide and inform customers.
The weeks of silence on the matter have left a far worse taste in my mouth than the original bug.

7/24/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by rednu on 7/24/2017 1:47:00 PM (view original):
low WE at WIS support
Great passing rating though...pass play testing responsibility on to the paying customers, pass on fixing obvious game issues, pass time watching dust settle, pass inquiries on to support who then passes them to the next level...
You have it wrong. They do not have a good pass rating but all the guys at support are fantastic ball handlers.
7/24/2017 11:02 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/24/2017 11:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 7/24/2017 1:47:00 PM (view original):
low WE at WIS support
You have it wrong. They do not have a good pass rating but all the guys at support are fantastic ball handlers.
I would actually be most concerned with their speed ratings.
7/25/2017 4:28 AM
what could it possibly mean to say "still being reviewed" - you can roll back ratings, you can delete the affected players, you can roll back WE to original levels or to lower than original levels. You make a list of options. You discuss which are feasible in the software. You decide.

"still being reviewed" makes less sense than almost anything else said on this matter
7/25/2017 6:39 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 7/24/2017 10:05:00 PM (view original):
For the millionth time, spud, what rule was broken? The players' gains should be rolled back IMO, and I don't believe that WIS can't do it, but your constant hyperbole and accusations are ridiculous.
7/25/2017 6:45 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/25/2017 6:39:00 AM (view original):
what could it possibly mean to say "still being reviewed" - you can roll back ratings, you can delete the affected players, you can roll back WE to original levels or to lower than original levels. You make a list of options. You discuss which are feasible in the software. You decide.

"still being reviewed" makes less sense than almost anything else said on this matter
FD, they don't care -- that's what it means. They can't or won't even fix the national champions page -- what makes any of us think WIS can get something slightly more complicated right? Unfortunately, this is the game we have, and it apparently ain't changing.
7/25/2017 6:47 AM
Posted by mamxet on 7/24/2017 9:50:00 PM (view original):
I submitted a ticket about absence of further word - response:

This issue is still being reviewed and that is why there hasn't been a response.

At this point, it's unlikely that anything can be done to reverse any problems.

We can say with certainty that each player has a maximum potential for gains in each attribute, and that this glitch only allowed the players to reach their maximum potential faster. They were not making the players gain artificial gains and have higher attributes than what they would have over the course of a normal career.

Thanks.
Terrible.

If I'm not mistaken, they actually own the game. "unlikely that anything can be done" means "We just don't want to do anything."

I absolutely HATE when Support says "We can't do that."
7/25/2017 9:04 AM (edited)
Dammit, I wish I could see what spud posted. I thought he was gone. He really seems to have irritated the cheater and his cheerleader.
7/25/2017 8:33 AM
Good, now I can start dropping teams.
7/25/2017 8:33 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 7/25/2017 8:34:00 AM (view original):
Dammit, I wish I could see what spud posted. I thought he was gone. He really seems to have irritated the cheater and his cheerleader.
You are so weird.
7/25/2017 9:20 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Support deletes threads, no promised announcement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.