While everyone whines on the forums Topic

Has anyone tried contacting WIS staff via LinkedIn or external comms? We are asking fairly straight forward questions about a paid for product and not receiving answers.

It seems like the forums are no longer the proper medium for communicating with/pressuring WIS staff...
7/21/2017 11:01 AM (edited)
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 7/21/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Has anyone tried contacting WIS staff via LinkedIn or their personal email addresses?

Surprisingly a number of WIS employees have the courage to include their names in association with WIS on LinkedIn. Can't quite determine the org structure from there but I have a contact in HR at Fox I can probe if people are truly disgruntled but want to push for transparency and improvements in HD.

It seems like the forums are no longer the proper medium for communicating with/pressuring WIS staff...
I would consider that completely inappropriate. It's harassment. Do not do this.
7/21/2017 10:48 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/21/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 7/21/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Has anyone tried contacting WIS staff via LinkedIn or their personal email addresses?

Surprisingly a number of WIS employees have the courage to include their names in association with WIS on LinkedIn. Can't quite determine the org structure from there but I have a contact in HR at Fox I can probe if people are truly disgruntled but want to push for transparency and improvements in HD.

I would consider that completely inappropriate. It's harassment. Do not do this.
Edited my post slightly.

I still think it's an option to communicate off WIS. It's only harassment if the comms themselves are harassing. I'm not suggesting we all email obscenity laced messages to them.

But with just a standard set of "Hey we are paying customers who love this product but are afraid it's being abandoned/mishandled" comms to someone who might actually respond there might be some hope that we actually get ANY form of communication from WIS.

I work in a similar industry (the cross section of entertainment megacompany, gaming, and software engineering) and I grasp many of the challenges these guys are facing but as TJ and others have shown there are still a dedicated base here who don't want to leave but if they're going to ghost ship this product it would be nice to have a heads up.
7/21/2017 11:07 AM
There is a Customer Support link at the bottom of this page. The forums have never really been an effective way to communicate with WifS.
7/21/2017 11:10 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/21/2017 11:10:00 AM (view original):
There is a Customer Support link at the bottom of this page. The forums have never really been an effective way to communicate with WifS.
The customer support channel seems to also be inconsistent and infrequent with its responses.

I understand that's the "proper" medium for certain inquests but I'm not sure CS will answer larger scale questions about the future of the game.

When I work with a SaaS client their support team will tell me about how the system operates at present and will vet whether all functions are FAD (functioning as designed). If I want insight into the client's roadmap and evolution/conflation/modification of services I'm usually talking to someone who manages the support team or someone from another department entirely.
7/21/2017 11:17 AM
You guys need to remember that the people who are posting on here and handling the issues are just peons. They're just doing what their bosses tell them to do. And who knows what that conversation looks like.
7/21/2017 11:18 AM
Posted by sol_phenom3 on 7/21/2017 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/21/2017 11:10:00 AM (view original):
The customer support channel seems to also be inconsistent and infrequent with its responses.

I understand that's the "proper" medium for certain inquests but I'm not sure CS will answer larger scale questions about the future of the game.

When I work with a SaaS client their support team will tell me about how the system operates at present and will vet whether all functions are FAD (functioning as designed). If I want insight into the client's roadmap and evolution/conflation/modification of services I'm usually talking to someone who manages the support team or someone from another department entirely.
Granted but the responses I've seen in these forums over the last 8 months have not appeared to come from programmers or, for that matter, anyone with any inside knowledge to the game. Forum responses may have been farmed out to India.
7/21/2017 11:23 AM
Posted by Benis on 7/21/2017 11:18:00 AM (view original):
You guys need to remember that the people who are posting on here and handling the issues are just peons. They're just doing what their bosses tell them to do. And who knows what that conversation looks like.
From what I can detect the entire WIS staff at this point are peons besides Tzentmeyer who is President of WIS but is also VP of Fox Sports Tech which probably has him very busy on other tasks like fantasy challenges and games and even other tech/software applications utilized by fox sports.
7/21/2017 12:21 PM
While everyone whines on the forums Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.