Early Integration League 1920-1950 full Topic

MLB 119590

Why not start a league where Negro League baseball players who lived from 1920-1950 and who were banned from playing in the major league because of the color of their skin, were given a chance to play? That's the premise of this league.

You get 6 position AAA players way above average and two pitchers, way above average.
So when you draft, draft 8 200K players to be changed out after the schedule is generated.

You also get 60 million to make up a team of white players to join your Negro league players. White players must have played between 1920 and 1950.

You must rename your AAA players with Negro League player names before the start of the season. Suggestions of names of players are below.
there are many other names to choose from.

No DH, No WW, no trades, no clones
60mil
(your best players will be your way above average AAA players)

stadiums used only from 1920-1950

team name should include either a Negro League team name or a reference to one of your Negro league players

Pitchers

Rube Foster
Smokey Joe Williams
Oscar Charleston
Wilbur "Bullet" Rogan
Leon Day
William "Willie" Foster
"Cannonball" Dick Redding
Hilton Smith
Jose Mendez

Catchers

Josh Gibson
Ralieigh "Biz" Mackey
Luis Santop
Ted " Double-Duty" Radcliffe

2B

Martin Dihigo
Elwood "Bingo" DeMoss
Sol White
Newt Allen

Shortstops

John Henry "Pops" Lloyd
Willie "The Devil" Wells
Dick Lundy

3B

Ray Dandridge
Ernest "Jud" Wilson
William "Judy" Johnson

1B
Walter "Buck" Leonard
George "Mule" Suttles
John "Buck" O'Neill
Ben Taylor

OF

Norman "Turkey" Stearnes
James "Cool Papa" Bell
Cristobal Torriente
Cumberland "Cum" Posey

There have been many, many more players from the past who played in the Negro Leagues but were shut out from playing in the Majors.
(See tdoak's link below for finding many more Negro League players)
If in your research, you can find those names, please, by all means, use their names to honor those players.
Also please play them in their correct positions.

Thank-you for being a part of "Early Integration League".

Please try to name your team with a Negro League team that actually played in the city where your city stadium is, I picked Braves Field and name the team the Boston Blues who played in 1948 in the USBL
8/4/2017 1:25 PM (edited)
Owners

1. razorclams Braves Field, Boston Blues
2. tdoak Navin Stadium, Detroit Stars of 1924
3 jeff4noles, Forbes Field, Pittsburgh Crawfords
4 Kings Kid, Sicks Stadium, Seattle Steelheads
5 good_beef Polo Grounds, New York Motor Kings
6 cdhaynes00, Ebbets Field, Brooklyn Brown Dodgers
7 poppapomp, Crosley Field, Cinncinnati Cuban Stars
8 Scottedward Sportsman Park III, St. Louis Stars
9 specsman Crosley Field, Cinncinnati Tigers
10 fatboydad54 Birmingham Black Barons, Polo Grounds
11 strubros
12 ShackAttack, Newark Eagles, Yankee Stadium
13 ribant Pythian of Philadelphia, Shibe Park
14 tdoak (second team) Connie Mack Stadium, Birmingham Black Barons
15 poppapomp (seond team), Griffith Stadium, Homestead Grays
16 razorclams (second team), Comiskey Park, Chicago American Giants
8/19/2017 5:01 PM (edited)
I'm in!

Are Negro League players exclusive? Or is there a draft for them?

www.baseball-reference.com has many teams and players listed in their database. It's easiest to start at:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/negro-league-stats.shtml

Then you can go to "Player Bios" which lists 600+ players, or click on leaders or teams [full rosters and stats given]
7/22/2017 10:50 AM
Posted by tdoak on 7/22/2017 10:50:00 AM (view original):
I'm in!

Are Negro League players exclusive? Or is there a draft for them?

www.baseball-reference.com has many teams and players listed in their database. It's easiest to start at:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/negro-league-stats.shtml

Then you can go to "Player Bios" which lists 600+ players, or click on leaders or teams [full rosters and stats given]
No they are not exclusive.
No draft
Re-name your AAA players after we are filled and a schedule is generated. That is a short window of a day or two to work in but I think that with attentive owners we can do it.
If we get 16 Josh Gibson's, so what?

thanks for signing up tdoak
7/22/2017 11:08 AM
interesting but dislike the dead ball era.If it were 1920-1947 different story
7/22/2017 12:03 PM
Posted by jeff4noles on 7/22/2017 12:03:00 PM (view original):
interesting but dislike the dead ball era.If it were 1920-1947 different story
we could change that
still early
lets try that time period
7/22/2017 3:44 PM
IN
7/22/2017 6:32 PM
How about going to 1950 so we could use the guys who broke through like Jackie, Campy, Satchel, etc.
7/23/2017 10:46 AM (edited)
I'll play...
BUT, the difficulty here is in the selecting players...
I drafted a team & with leaving room for the 6 WAA players, selecting all of the 200-400k players That are going to be replaced, I kept hitting the Wall, with WIS giving me a warning "Not enough required At Bats" because of all the 200k players. I looked it up, or Tried to figure out, what this lower limit is exactly, with no luck? We might have to raise the cap to 70 or 80 mil to get enough AB to fly by. Maybe we can draft a few 4m players (with enough AB) that are required to be sent (& Kept) in the minors all season?
7/23/2017 10:34 AM
Posted by good_beef on 7/23/2017 10:34:00 AM (view original):
I'll play...
BUT, the difficulty here is in the selecting players...
I drafted a team & with leaving room for the 6 WAA players, selecting all of the 200-400k players That are going to be replaced, I kept hitting the Wall, with WIS giving me a warning "Not enough required At Bats" because of all the 200k players. I looked it up, or Tried to figure out, what this lower limit is exactly, with no luck? We might have to raise the cap to 70 or 80 mil to get enough AB to fly by. Maybe we can draft a few 4m players (with enough AB) that are required to be sent (& Kept) in the minors all season?
It's not an open league. Once you enroll your team with the proper league #, the minimum AB and IP restrictions will go away.
7/23/2017 11:43 AM
i will play .just to understand we are now using guys from 19290-1947?
7/23/2017 2:02 PM
Posted by jeff4noles on 7/23/2017 2:02:00 PM (view original):
i will play .just to understand we are now using guys from 19290-1947?
yes
7/25/2017 6:34 AM
Posted by cdhaynes00 on 7/23/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
How about going to 1950 so we could use the guys who broke through like Jackie, Campy, Satchel, etc.
ok
7/25/2017 6:36 AM
bump should be a fun league
7/25/2017 3:21 PM
Ill play
7/25/2017 11:30 PM
12345 Next ▸
Early Integration League 1920-1950 full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.