This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No he didn't Mike.

why would someone who isn't even going to make the NT say "why am I not winning by enough"?

you are either misremembering or intentionally changing what happened to fit your argument. Nothing new for you.
7/23/2017 8:28 PM
He was 60 something on the projection report which is not good. So clearly he was losing many games, not just "not winning by enough".

And if you beat a sim with a 5-18 record by 3 points, its not okay to ask for help and try to understand what is going on?

Bottom line, he asked for help and he got some advice and he made changes. Happy ending for everyone.
7/23/2017 8:58 PM
I don't know whether I said those exact words or whether I didn't. I am a pretty straight shooter. Paraphrasing, it was more along the lines of 'I am only beating sims by single digits and if I lose one game against them I won't be making the NT. Does someone have any advice on how I can go about ensuring that I don't drop a game that I should otherwise win.' The wins were wins, but they made me nervous since I knew my team was NT worthy, but underperforming. Benis offered his advice and I gladly accepted. I made the NT in the end. I actually didn't lose in conference after he gave me the advice and even upset some better human coached teams in the CT.

Season 106; South Dakota in Knight for reference. My team was 27-5; 37th RPI, 158 SOS. I lost in the second round to the eventual NT champ. I easily could have missed the NT. Winning the CT only landed me an 8 seed.
7/23/2017 9:42 PM
Mike, your troll is showing
7/24/2017 1:30 AM
To be honest, Mike isn't good for the forums. I am not going to say that I am good either, but I can say with complete confidence that he isn't. If I was a new user, I would be scared off by his negativity, or trolling, or overall annoyance. Perhaps Mike wants the game to fail and I know he'll spin it around (he plays etc.) but most threads get sabotaged one way or another and Mike is usually involved. That in itself should be the biggest sign that the dude is a huge issue on here. Whether unintentional or not.
7/24/2017 1:58 AM
Posted by beachhouse on 7/24/2017 1:58:00 AM (view original):
To be honest, Mike isn't good for the forums. I am not going to say that I am good either, but I can say with complete confidence that he isn't. If I was a new user, I would be scared off by his negativity, or trolling, or overall annoyance. Perhaps Mike wants the game to fail and I know he'll spin it around (he plays etc.) but most threads get sabotaged one way or another and Mike is usually involved. That in itself should be the biggest sign that the dude is a huge issue on here. Whether unintentional or not.
Mike is not trying to kill the game. That's ridiculous. It's the exact opposite.
7/24/2017 4:08 AM
All right, glad we got to bottom of this complicated situation.

Bottom line - if you want to ask for help/advice about your team, you're free to do so on these forums. Discouraging asking advice for ANY reason is bad for the forums and by extension, HD itself. Period.
7/24/2017 6:16 AM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.