Is this the most worthless thread?
Votes: 19
(Last vote received: 7/26/2017 6:37 PM)
7/24/2017 7:31 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/24/2017 7:09:00 AM (view original):
Posted by beachhouse on 7/24/2017 1:58:00 AM (view original):
To be honest, Mike isn't good for the forums. I am not going to say that I am good either, but I can say with complete confidence that he isn't. If I was a new user, I would be scared off by his negativity, or trolling, or overall annoyance. Perhaps Mike wants the game to fail and I know he'll spin it around (he plays etc.) but most threads get sabotaged one way or another and Mike is usually involved. That in itself should be the biggest sign that the dude is a huge issue on here. Whether unintentional or not.
This is utterly stupid. The threads that get sabotaged are by people like you, this is fine instance, who attack people(myself/spud) because we have different opinions. Crawl back into your hole.
In fact, benis SPECIFICALLY started this thread to argue with me when I asked him if he intended to derail a thread discussing forum toxicity(at the time) by rehashing a months old argument.

Is that not trolling? And, around the 7th-8th post, I bailed on the discussion because it had no value and was leading nowhere. Some of you need to take a hard look in the mirror when talking sabotage, toxicity and trolling. Or maybe break out a dictionary as I'm not sure you know the meaning of those words.
7/24/2017 7:33 AM
"Some of you need to take a hard look in the mirror when talking sabotage, toxicity and trolling. "

It's funny you said this. I was about to defend you when BH said you were intentionally trying to ruin the forums. I don't think you are doing it intentionally. You genuinely think the things you do and say don't have a negative impact. So I guess your intentions are pure.
7/24/2017 7:40 AM
My point is simple. When I rejoined HD in November(maybe late October), this forum was nothing but whining and complaining about 3.0. I happen to prefer this version, by a wide margin, over 1.0(didn't play 2.0 because 1.0 was no fun for me at VT). I stated as much after a couple of weeks of reading and commented that EE wasn't a problem for 95% of HD users. Within a week, I passed spud as public enemy #1(although, to be fair, I don't get attacked as soon as I post). Several users only post to insult me. Not ONE person has called them out for trolling.

And all because I have a differing opinion of 3.0.

FWIW, I don't need anyone to defend me. Everything is here in print. Anyone following worthy14sure's departure thread knows you brought up the "not winning by enough" thread. And that you stayed on it until I asked if it was your intention to derail that thread with a months ago argument. Then you started this thread to argue, with me, about it. That's the standard of this forum. Because, as you can see, poncho called me a troll for responding.
7/24/2017 8:38 AM
Mike, no one is attacking you for liking or having a differing opinion of 3.0. There are other users that like 3.0 that post and no one mentions or attacks them. The problem is you have a post in 95% of threads that typically involve you attacking someone else for not liking something. If you are public enemy #1 over spud, it's probably because you post 10X more than he does so you are more visible, and because half of those posts you're being a dick to someone (something you have stated yourself that you embrace).
7/24/2017 9:52 AM
Incorrect. All you have to do is read the forums to see that 90% of the time I'm the target. And I respond. For instance, in this thread that benis started for the sole intent of arguing with me, you call me a troll. So.......

A) Is benis a troll for even starting the thread?
B) Why did you involve yourself? I don't think I've EVER responded to you in a negative way.
7/24/2017 9:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/23/2017 8:35:00 PM (view original):
I trust beachhouse, despite our disagreements, to tell us what he said.

I KNOW my response was(paraphrasing) "Not winning by enough? C'MON!!!"

I believe he said he wasn't beating the SIMs by enough.
And, after saying this, which is in no way derogatory, "I trust beachhouse, despite our disagreements, to tell us what he said", beachhouse comes after me as trying to kill the game.

WTF?.
7/24/2017 9:59 AM
Mike, you've come after everyone if they have a differing opinion. Your reputation, despite the fact you're unaware of it, is simply because you ALWAYS have something negative to say if their statements are not in line with yours. I'm not going to say you've never been attacked first, but 90% you get attacked first and are responding is garbage. Maybe in recent times (as I'm not on the forums a ton these days to say either way), but too many threads I've gone through start with a conversation that you end up derailing or attacking someone else first.

Our interactions haven't been nearly as bad as others, but there have been a few negative ones, based on my opinion of the current game. I understand this thread was trolling you a bit, but it's intent was to point out you attacking someone who had a question to ask about the game, whether you agreed with it's premise or not. You have your moments where you're not so bad and you're just discussing the game, but you coming into these forums was non stop you being an *** to people for awhile. Not to say all were not warranted, but many were not, and that's why people see you the way they do now. Just stating it as I've seen it.
7/24/2017 10:25 AM
Not sure what is happening but it seems mike was harassing a vet that sought out help on the hd forums? If this is true, not saying it is, I refuse to read through all of this psycho babble, but if it is true, that is nothing short of douchebaggery.
7/24/2017 10:37 AM
Posted by poncho0091 on 7/24/2017 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Mike, you've come after everyone if they have a differing opinion. Your reputation, despite the fact you're unaware of it, is simply because you ALWAYS have something negative to say if their statements are not in line with yours. I'm not going to say you've never been attacked first, but 90% you get attacked first and are responding is garbage. Maybe in recent times (as I'm not on the forums a ton these days to say either way), but too many threads I've gone through start with a conversation that you end up derailing or attacking someone else first.

Our interactions haven't been nearly as bad as others, but there have been a few negative ones, based on my opinion of the current game. I understand this thread was trolling you a bit, but it's intent was to point out you attacking someone who had a question to ask about the game, whether you agreed with it's premise or not. You have your moments where you're not so bad and you're just discussing the game, but you coming into these forums was non stop you being an *** to people for awhile. Not to say all were not warranted, but many were not, and that's why people see you the way they do now. Just stating it as I've seen it.
Well, all I can say is that is mostly bullshit. And you didn't answer why you specifically felt the need to call me a troll when you KNEW benis started the thread to troll me. Were you not trolling?
7/24/2017 11:24 AM
Posted by texrangers19 on 7/24/2017 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Not sure what is happening but it seems mike was harassing a vet that sought out help on the hd forums? If this is true, not saying it is, I refuse to read through all of this psycho babble, but if it is true, that is nothing short of douchebaggery.
I'll give you the summary. A user complained that he wasn't beating sims by enough. I responded with nothing more inflammatory than "Really?" It's a tough game to learn. A lot of people struggle. Many would love to have the problem of not winning by enough. It was sarcasm. beachhouse took it as an attack on his family. It escalated when the HD trolls got involved. Nothing more, nothing less.
7/24/2017 11:26 AM
Not everyday someone uses Spud as their equal in order to defend themselves. Kudos.
7/24/2017 5:53 PM
Just your(and many others) reactions when we post, no matter what we post. But kudos for trolling me in this thread, getting me to respond and still have people call me the troll. Job well done!
7/24/2017 6:15 PM
Calm down Mike, it was just a joke.
7/24/2017 6:24 PM
I was congratulating you. You create a thread specifically to troll me and still people call me the troll. Say "Thank you".
7/24/2017 6:47 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.