Recruiting question Topic

I'm at a D-2 school and there is a recruit that went yellow for me but the other team is a D-1A team. I was thinking this recruit is his backup plan and I might be able to snag him. Should I just drop him because it will cost me a fortune to sign him or is there actually a chance to sign him without breaking the bank?
7/24/2017 2:43 AM
Green a backup and hold back on giving out one scholarship.

If he is a backup, he will go green for you once the 1-A school completes his class. If he isn't, or if the 1-A school can't fill all it's scholarships, you can still extend the schollie up to the next to last cycle of recruiting to your backup.

I have never seen a DII school beat a 1-A school for a recruit. Don't spend more money on that recruit. You'd just be throwing it away or needlessly spending it if he turns out to be a backup.

7/24/2017 2:53 AM
Also, look around. There may be a comparable player available somewhere else. If you can find a comparable; even a slightly lesser player you are probably better off landing him then waiting for player that you "might" get(and if you don't a decent substitute might be gone by then ).
7/24/2017 3:08 AM
Thx Buck and Mojo, I have a recruit green already for that position but this guy is obviously a bit of an upgrade. I'll see how he shakes out.
7/24/2017 4:27 AM
Recruiting question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.