Golden Age of Baseball Topic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Golden Age of Baseball, or Baseball's Golden Era, is the period from about 1920 to 1960.[1] The golden era is the time period immediately following the dead-ball era (before World War I) but prior to what is now called the modern era. There is no exact timeframe in any of these eras.[2] MLB considers the post World War II era to be the beginning of the modern age, which places the golden era between the end of World War I and the end of World War II.

Much of baseball's golden age was captured in black and white film, adding to the mystique and folklore of the game. The first baseball game broadcast in color was in 1951,[3] and by the mid-1960s all baseball games were broadcast in color, which could be viewed as the end of the golden age.

7/25/2017 12:19 PM (edited)
So that's our time period, 1920-1960...

Cap - $200 mil (want to see the STARS)
Stadiums from era
No clones, AAA, DH (what's a DH?)

Anything I missed, please ask...
7/25/2017 12:18 PM
I'll start my draft when I see a league number. Cap seems high. Hopefully we all don't draft similar players.
7/25/2017 6:02 PM
Is this still on ?
8/4/2017 9:38 AM
Golden Age of Baseball Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.