S133 Coach of the Year Winners Topic

Congratulations to our Season 133 Coach of the Year Winners!
D2: Slid64er - West Virginia Wesleyan
D1AA: Orangepace - Marist
D1: Awags - Alabama
7/25/2017 10:51 PM
Congratulations guys
7/26/2017 12:44 AM
Wow. I did not expect this. It's such a great honor to have won the COY award this season! If not for two very close playoff victories over two coaches that may be even more deserving than myself -- jddriscoll and dukelegend -- I think I likely wouldn't have even made the nomination board. That goes to show you that anyone making the Sweet 16 in this world has a legitimate shot at bringing home the trophy.

I gave it an A+ effort against vikesrule (another deserving coach, having won his first NC), but my FR linebackers weren't quite up to the task. My SR QB did me no favors, throwing a pick, deep in my own half of the field, late in the 3rd Quarter. At that point I was down 7 and my offense was firing hard to keep pace. To no avail though, vikes was able to secure the title.

Now that my vision has finally elevated a bit, I'm hoping to secure my best recruiting class yet. I have a feeling I'm going to have to keep a keen eye over my shoulder for dapope21 @ Buffalo -- he always seems to be targeting recruits I'm after out of the gate, before upgrading later in the process -- and the unfortunate payback that waits in the mist w/ Z32fanatic... No matter the pain you decide to inflict on me, that DE (who likely would have been your spell guy getting 15% PT a game) is now a RS-FR and will be a D1AA god come JR/SR year!

Congrats to those joining me on this list! Awags, that was one hell of a season and I don't see you slowing down anytime soon. Slid64er continues to make NC game after NC game at the D2 level and was able to own it last season!

Good luck to all in recruiting!
Cheers!
7/26/2017 2:59 AM
Congrats to the winners !!
7/26/2017 10:21 AM
Congrats gents
7/26/2017 12:14 PM
Congrats winners!
7/26/2017 2:29 PM
Congrats - well deserved!

and OP you really don't have to follow up on your statement
Now that my vision has finally elevated a bit, I'm hoping to secure my best recruiting class yet.
7/26/2017 2:40 PM
Grats to all, looking forward to the gauntlet that will go down in time simply as 134.
7/26/2017 3:05 PM
That's an all star list of well derserving coaches, congratulations to you all!
7/26/2017 4:11 PM
That is the truth there pete.

Congrats!

nitros
7/26/2017 6:34 PM
Thanks. It was an honor just to be nominated. Congrats to the other winners and all the deserving coaches that were nominated for this award.
7/26/2017 7:48 PM
Congratulations to all for jobs well done.
7/26/2017 8:05 PM
Congrats fellas. I've lost to each of you.
7/27/2017 8:05 AM
Congrats to the 133 CoYs!
7/27/2017 11:40 AM
AWAGS? I'm asking for a recount. I don't think that NC win pushed him over the top.
7/27/2017 10:04 PM
S133 Coach of the Year Winners Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.