Do Admins Have Different "Vision"? Topic

I'll leave it at this. Most incredible battle winning streak in the history of mankind. Others can draw their own conclusions.
7/26/2017 11:31 PM
7/26/2017 11:39 PM
Posted by guggendr on 7/26/2017 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Nitros,

That was logical and concise.
But I'm not sure if I lost the guy yet. I am still considered. I had him green since Day 1, 6 PM, and 36 hours later, 6 hours before signings, OSU is there, when we already had at least one other battle going. And again, I should have sitemailed him, but was angry since it was very hypocritical of him with what he had done in the past.
guggendr, do you ever answer tickets for GD? Did you answer any of the tickets posted in this thread?
7/26/2017 11:46 PM
Posted by guggendr on 7/26/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Ddeane1,
I was only responding in kind to how ermackey treated out last big kerfuffle during recruiting 3 or 4 seasons ago. In hind sight, I wish I would have just sitemailed him and told him to beat it, but it got irritating for me that that guy can collude and poach all day long every season, but heaven forbid he lose a top recruit every so often, because he causes a mess like this.
I'm going to stay right here, and stand up to this guy (guys if you include Michigan) because I haven't done anything wrong other than work for the wrong company and recruit the wrong guy.

Seriously, if Ohio State and Cincinnati DIDN'T have battles every year, then THAT would be cheating.
Standing up to me only requires an accept challenge for a game next season. You backed out for this season.
7/27/2017 12:07 AM
Posted by guggendr on 7/26/2017 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Will someone explain what I did wrong here?
Ermackey has been upset with me nearly every year since he got the Michigan job. I don't have any "special vision", and although I am site staff, it'd be impossible for me to cheat as they suggest.
I love football. I love GD. And I have a wife and children and a mortgage. But you're right, it would totally be worth jeopardizing my career, my home, my family for that # 30 overall recruit that will play for 5 real life months on a fake simulation team.

What sense does this make?

Thanks to whoever responds to this sincerely. I apologize for whatever I did to make this guy so upset, but get over it. It's a game.
I agree. It makes no sense and have said so repeatedly. But, unfortunately, your ability to win every battle is also uncanny. And your posts that you made on all of the conference boards regarding my recruiting efforts and how much money I had left was against the rules.

All of this being said, I do not want you fired. Not even a little bit. There is nothing in this that should be fire-able. I do not KNOW if you cheat. I suspect it, but I do not know and do not claim to know you have cheated. But there is some really suspicious stuff that needs to be investigated. And if you are guilty of abusing your admin access for a competitive advantage, you need to be banned from playing the game as long as you remain a staff member. But thus us likely gonna get the truth out one way or the other. And if you are guilty, it doesn't say nearly as much about you as it does the WIS organization hat let it happen, ignored complaints, and retaliated against those that complained.

Frankly, I hope you are innocent. But your tactics against me and others has gotten you here. Not just the recruiting tactics, but the recruiting collusion you attempted through you message board posts yesterday.
7/27/2017 1:11 AM (edited)
Wow. I'm losing patience with customer service. At some point, nothing will ever get fixed until we withdraw. I'm nearing that point.

With that said, this is the most public communication GD users have had with CS in nearly a year. So, there's that.
7/27/2017 1:09 AM
Posted by nitros on 7/26/2017 11:21:00 PM (view original):
guggendr: You are staff. You can't post the stuff you did even if you are right. In fact, you should not be posting in this thread. You should send this to your supervisor and let him/her make a determination. If I were in your shoes, I would drop an apology, drop that team and move on. It's just a game and if you enjoy it, you can find enjoyment in about any world available with a little time and effort.

It seems you had a recruit poached (happens to us all) and you got emotional and did something pretty bush-league by posting about this customer in other conf chats. Not cool for anyone. Especially not cool from staff.

I am not posting this to support the original poster. There are several inconsistent statements in his posts and it is obvious (at least to me) that he has an axe to grind against you. Some of that may be legitimate but I think the posters actions are pretty bush-league as well.

The difference? You are staff. You have to be beyond above board in all aspects of the game, especially customer facing aspects.

Good luck.

nitros

I shared the exact same sentiments 100%. I'm not sure I am 100% sold on what ermackey posted. I'm not claiming his ticket posts are inaccurate. I haven't seen any evidence which points to guggendr displaying any clear advantage or being able to see what other teams have spent in recruiting. I also wasn't around to witness the track record these two seem to share. This leads me to believe that it does seem to be more than coincidental, however, I don't feel sold quite yet.

I will say that I remember lyonz posting about the weird transfer of his recruiting actions from one QB to another during that recruiting season. It very well could have been a mistake, but I can't imagine someone sending that many actions in 1 cycle and not being 100% sure it landed on the correct recruit. At the moment, this seems even more peculiar than ermackey getting ****** because Cincy seems to keep doing to him as he's done to Cincy (endless cycle).

Guggs, you definitely shouldn't have gone to the other conference message board spraying your attempt to have others jump all over his recruits. You mention having a wife, kids and a mortgage... I question though, why did all of a sudden have a moment of preteen angst. That was a very childish move you pulled on the chats and there indeed was harm intended over and above the mere words you posted. As a grown a$$ man, I'd expect more of you. As a WIS Staff Member, I'd expect even more from you.
7/27/2017 2:25 AM
OP, Yes it could be a mistake and using yatzr would allow you to make that same mistake over and over. In fact, when I woke up and looked at my phone I was angry with myself for what I thought was that mistake.

I had my computer browser open to my Michigan recruiting from the night before and the actions were as I intended.

Sadly, no screencap. A mistake I won't make twice when going up against him.
7/27/2017 5:47 AM
Posted by lyonzfan37 on 7/27/2017 12:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by guggendr on 7/26/2017 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Ddeane1,
I was only responding in kind to how ermackey treated out last big kerfuffle during recruiting 3 or 4 seasons ago. In hind sight, I wish I would have just sitemailed him and told him to beat it, but it got irritating for me that that guy can collude and poach all day long every season, but heaven forbid he lose a top recruit every so often, because he causes a mess like this.
I'm going to stay right here, and stand up to this guy (guys if you include Michigan) because I haven't done anything wrong other than work for the wrong company and recruit the wrong guy.

Seriously, if Ohio State and Cincinnati DIDN'T have battles every year, then THAT would be cheating.
Standing up to me only requires an accept challenge for a game next season. You backed out for this season.
Like I said, I have an offer out to another coach. I will schedule you if they reject it.
7/27/2017 7:34 AM
Posted by ermackey on 7/27/2017 1:11:00 AM (view original):
Ermackey has been upset with me nearly every year since he got the Michigan job. I don't have any "special vision", and although I am site staff, it'd be impossible for me to cheat as they suggest.
I love football. I love GD. And I have a wife and children and a mortgage. But you're right, it would totally be worth jeopardizing my career, my home, my family for that # 30 overall recruit that will play for 5 real life months on a fake simulation team.

Thanks to whoever responds to this sincerely. I apologize for whatever I did to make this guy so upset, but get over it. It's a game.
I agree. It makes no sense and have said so repeatedly. But, unfortunately, your ability to win every battle is also uncanny. And your posts that you made on all of the conference boards regarding my recruiting efforts and how much money I had left was against the rules.

All of this being said, I do not want you fired. Not even a little bit. There is nothing in this that should be fire-able. I do not KNOW if you cheat. I suspect it, but I do not know and do not claim to know you have cheated. But there is some really suspicious stuff that needs to be investigated. And if you are guilty of abusing your admin access for a competitive advantage, you need to be banned from playing the game as long as you remain a staff member. But thus us likely gonna get the truth out one way or the other. And if you are guilty, it doesn't say nearly as much about you as it does the WIS organization hat let it happen, ignored complaints, and retaliated against those that complained.

Frankly, I hope you are innocent. But your tactics against me and others has gotten you here. Not just the recruiting tactics, but the recruiting collusion you attempted through you message board posts yesterday.
I admit posting on other conferences was not in my best interest. You really just had me steamed since it appears you were doing the same thing to me that you have complained about me doing to you in the past. I'm sorry for that mistake. I would remove them if I could and I really hope it didn't harm your class in any way.

Do you know lyonzfan or why is he taking over this thread? I can recall a few close battles with him the last 2-3 seasons including one this year, but nothing outrageous. Just some good heated battles.
7/27/2017 7:39 AM

Yikes. Not a great post or look. Hey, I ran over your dog, get over it, there are other dogs out there.
7/27/2017 8:08 AM
In every company I have ever worked for (including my current employer) we were expected to conduct ourselves with impeccable ethics when interacting with our customers. It is a special relationship with a special standard. You cannot allow your personal feelings to cause you to cop an attitude. Ever.

It appears that WIS does not expect that standard from their employees.

BTW, guggendr, with any company but WIS you would indeed be jeopardizing your job with this ongoing conflict with a customer (and your immediate supervisor would likewise be in jeopardy for knowingly allowing such conflict). You could never be a bully in that relationship, even if that's what you were in your personal life. Your job with WIS may require that you play the game in order to understand the nuances of the game, but that in no way justifies your conflict with your customer, nor does the need to understand the game prevent you from moving to another team.
7/27/2017 8:27 AM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by guggendr on 7/27/2017 7:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ermackey on 7/27/2017 1:11:00 AM (view original):

I admit posting on other conferences was not in my best interest. You really just had me steamed since it appears you were doing the same thing to me that you have complained about me doing to you in the past. I'm sorry for that mistake. I would remove them if I could and I really hope it didn't harm your class in any way.

Do you know lyonzfan or why is he taking over this thread? I can recall a few close battles with him the last 2-3 seasons including one this year, but nothing outrageous. Just some good heated battles.
I'm just relating my experiences with you with respect to recruiting. What you have going on with Ohio State is something different.

Maybe I am out of my mind, but I've seen things that don't make sense to me based on playing the game over several years.
7/27/2017 8:37 AM
Right or wrong, anytime a staff member is embroiled in controversy, they should be forced to move on to a new team and school. They should be held to a much higher standard of integrity than regular customers. Just like they do it in every other industry in the world.
7/27/2017 8:58 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
Do Admins Have Different "Vision"? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.