Wilkinson Central 134 Topic

Updated the current coaches map! http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral under each respective division's tab

DIA: 78 (+2 from 133)
DIAA: 51 (-2 from 133)
DII: 45 (-2 from 133)
7/26/2017 8:22 PM
Something up on the site for you guys. http://mizzoucj.wixsite.com/wilkinsoncentral/conference-blogs

I plan on at least doing playoff predictions but we will see how things go.
8/14/2017 9:01 AM
JAG - Totally understand getting burned out. Also, if the articles start feeling like "work" then it is hard to take pleasure in them. Let me add a few points for you to consider:

1. We really...I mean really appreciate the content you push out. For the entire community, thanks a ton.
2. If it feels like work, make sure and step away for a bit.
3. As for the game, make sure and keep it in perspective. It should be a fun hobby and make sure you view it nothing more than a distraction from life as a fun side-adventure for moments in time.
4. Maybe reconsider your idea of success if that is what is bringing down your enjoyment. I have a crappy BCS school in Warner (Okie State) from which I get creamed pretty regularly. My goal for success with that particular team is way different than my Wilk 1AA team. Each brings the same satisfaction to me.
5. Drop me a sitemail if the content is getting a bit much, I can fill in for a bit while you regain your spark.

Again...thanks JAG!

nitros (James)
8/14/2017 10:41 AM
Posted by nitros on 8/14/2017 10:41:00 AM (view original):
JAG - Totally understand getting burned out. Also, if the articles start feeling like "work" then it is hard to take pleasure in them. Let me add a few points for you to consider:

1. We really...I mean really appreciate the content you push out. For the entire community, thanks a ton.
2. If it feels like work, make sure and step away for a bit.
3. As for the game, make sure and keep it in perspective. It should be a fun hobby and make sure you view it nothing more than a distraction from life as a fun side-adventure for moments in time.
4. Maybe reconsider your idea of success if that is what is bringing down your enjoyment. I have a crappy BCS school in Warner (Okie State) from which I get creamed pretty regularly. My goal for success with that particular team is way different than my Wilk 1AA team. Each brings the same satisfaction to me.
5. Drop me a sitemail if the content is getting a bit much, I can fill in for a bit while you regain your spark.

Again...thanks JAG!

nitros (James)
Extremely well said and couldn't agree more.

8/18/2017 1:37 AM
Maze Run to keep everyone entertained even those out of playoffs
8/20/2017 10:42 AM
Job Status Updates:

In Jeopardy:
Florida St.- Had an ok regular season going 11-3 with a loss in the CC game, but drew Oklahoma in their L4 bowl, which makes them a solid underdog. It'll be interested to see what happens if they lose this but stay ranked top 25.
North Carolina- Made a L2 bowl that they need to win to stay alive, but currently losing 3-0 to Boise St. GL to trmcco, hope he pulls this one out.
Nebraska- Finished 8-5 making a L2 bowl game. They're currently up 14-7 over Bowling Green, I think win or lose Nebraska will be open this offseason.
Marquette- Had a very good season in the Big East, going 11-2 including 6-2 in conference and made a L4 bowl. They have a winnable game against MAC CC Akron, but I think they will stay even if they lose, as they'll be ranked top 25. This would be a very unjust firing if it happens, on the bright side Marquette will probably improve to Secure with a win. GL Hatroq!

LTNJ:
Cincinnati
- Finished 2-11 and will drop to In Jeopardy.
Connecticut- Finished 4-9 and will drop to In Jeopardy.
Colorado St.- Finished 8-5 and qualified for a L2 bowl, that they're currently winning 16-6 at the half over Buffalo. Colorado St. should maintain with a win.
Depaul- Beastly season from Genuvar here, winning the CC in the 4th year of his rebuild. He'll improve to Secure at a minimum, possibly very secure, even with a probable loss to Texas in the Rose Bowl.
Wisconsin- Finished 8-5 and made a L2 bowl, that they're currently winning 16-0 over Duke. Should maintain LTNJ with a win.
Indiana- Finished 7-6 but missed a bowl game because they were only ranked #79, will fall to In Jeopardy.
Oregon- Finished 7-6 and lost their L1 bowl, they'll drop to In Jeopardy.
8/20/2017 2:16 PM
Brand New Maze for you to consume
8/21/2017 8:23 PM
Jag - if we create articles and send them to you, can you simply upload? I'm sure many of us (me) can provide content but are too lazy or inept to go through learning how to get them on the site.
8/21/2017 10:35 PM
Posted by treyomo on 8/21/2017 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Jag - if we create articles and send them to you, can you simply upload? I'm sure many of us (me) can provide content but are too lazy or inept to go through learning how to get them on the site.
I could definitely do that. I couldn't guarantee necessarily a timely "upload" every day. I could have them out by 7-8 central.
8/21/2017 11:24 PM
Apologies for the long lost. Obviously I'm passionate about the content in this world and the coaches.

JAG sad to hear your thinking about leaving but not sure your assessment of "only talking about top 10 teams" is fair. I can admit to not having a show every week like I wanted, life has unfortunately been getting in the way and it hasn't been a great summer for me or my family. But my show is absolutely more then top 10. First of we start by talking about the top 15.... that's 5 more teams!!! But seriously I've talked about mid majors, big upsets, whose doing what in recruiting no matter what school they are at. I talk about rebuilds at both divisions job status of every coach even close to in trouble in D1a (thanks z32) and talk about whatever the coaches want me to. This is user generated content. I don't work for WIS I don't have hours a day to go look at every coach and figure out what's interesting about them if they are not in the top 15, not in a rebuild, not doing a good job in recruiting or overall not interesting. I talk more about the guys that show up and interact in chat during a show or who lost in the conference boards or who post in the forums because those are the coaches who care and want interactive content. Sure I can talk about coach xyz who is ranked 54th for the 5th straight season but is he gonna listen? No. Is it going to be interesting to listen to for the coaches who do listen in? No.

I'm a big believer to bring someone solutions not problems. Coaches wanted an off season show so instated talking about coaching changes and off season storylines (I'm sure this topic will be discussed). Z32 was interested in job statuses and I told him if you get me the info I will talk about. He always updates the information and it a regular part of the show now. If you want something more or something to be better please sitemail me ideas and help put put it together. I'll talk about whatever you guys want to hear but I'm a full time father and husband and working hard every day to support my family. I'm only a part time GD coach and broadcaster. I need help, not more problems.
8/22/2017 10:21 AM
Everyone here has families and life outside of the game. That's understood pretty well and I don't think JAG is ignoring that fact. However, there is certainly some truth to what he is saying and it's definitely something I've thought about too. In fact, what started my thinking was listening to my own podcast. Some of it by the way is unavoidable. The top teams are always the most interesting and when there's only so much time in a podcast, I'm basically limited to only discussing around 15 teams per division, and even then, it's so many teams that I can only spend a small amount of time on each team.

Additionally, I know I've been given a lot of credit for building Wilkinson. In reality though, JAG has done as much, if not more work, on this than I have. He deserves a ton of credit. So, I hope TD's comments are not an intentional dig (and I don't believe they are intentional) at JAG because I value what he's done for the world.

With all of that said, we do need more users to step up and provide content. No one needs to commit to anything on a weekly basis, but maybe if 5-6 coaches could commit to writing or producing some sort of content just once a month, that would keep things flowing really well. I can even help you edit the content and get it posted to the website.

Lastly, I am working on something to improve the podcasts. Just want to get the details finalized. I'll post once it's ready.
8/22/2017 12:42 PM
1. I hope the new parent company is interested in making GD and othe WIS games a revenue generator
2. If that is their plan I hope they look at Wilkinson and to some extent other worlds and realize what "content" outside the game can do for ROI and how they can incorporate it into their business model.
3. Offering pseudo "contracts" to users to generate podcasts, articles, etc. that offered payment via free seasons or the like is something I would look at and how that would work. Some parameters to prevent "junk" content like # of downloads, views, etc. but easily doable and WIS is not out of any significant revenue.

8/22/2017 3:02 PM
Back again with another Maze Run
8/22/2017 5:55 PM
Job Status Results:

In Jeopardy:
Florida St.- Fired.
North Carolina- Fired.
Nebraska- Fired.
Marquette- Won their L4 bowl game and moved up to Secure, excellent season all around for Hatroq.

LTNJ:
Cincinnati
- Dropped to In Jeopardy.
Connecticut- Dropped to In Jeopardy.
Colorado St.- Maintained at LTNJ.
Depaul- Moved up to Secure, kinda surprised they didn't go to Very Secure considering he won the CC and made a L5 bowl.
Wisconsin- Maintained at LTNJ.
Indiana- Dropped to In Jeopardy.
Oregon- Dropped to In Jeopardy.

Other Teams:
Virginia
- Dropped to LTNJ.
Michigan St.- Dropped to LTNJ.
Washington St.- Dropped to LTNJ.
Ohio St. and LSU dropped to Secure (only listed them here because they're elites).

So going into next season, assuming everyone stays, there will be 4 In Jeopardy coaches and 5 LTNJ coaches.
8/23/2017 3:21 PM
That AD has some high standards.. Only got to LTNJ cause he didn't think a lvl2 bowl win was good enough for DePaul.
8/23/2017 5:01 PM
12 Next ▸
Wilkinson Central 134 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.