Scouted, Offered, Still Undecided Topic

Posted by nikhoskins on 7/27/2017 10:52:00 AM (view original):
He is in my search yes. And I have green backups that aren't a huge drop off talentwise from him.
Are you sending only AC scouts? If so, try sending 2 HC scouts.
7/27/2017 10:53 AM
I just don't want to offer the backup if there is a chance this undecided guy would eventually sign towards the end of the recruiting cycle.
7/27/2017 10:53 AM
As columbus stated, be sure you are using the "search" in the game recruiting and not from some tool like yatzr.
7/27/2017 10:54 AM
Yah hes in my search, found him on Yatzr obviously, but double checked just now and he is in vision. I'm not gonna put anything more into him though. I will probably just offer the backup. If I thought this guy might sign eventually I'd hold off, but it doesn't sound promising. I want to save the money to hold on to a few guys that are higher priority targets.
7/27/2017 10:57 AM
That is strange. I've never used yatzr or any other outside recruiting tool, but in almost 12 real life years of playing this game I don't recall ever not getting an undecided in my vision to not go green with 1 AC scout and 2 HC scout.........if it happened then a 3rd HC scout most assuredly has turned him green. The only time I recall anyone not turning green after that much effort has been when they actually weren't in my vision for that level.
7/27/2017 11:00 AM
Posted by vhoward415 on 7/27/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
That is strange. I've never used yatzr or any other outside recruiting tool, but in almost 12 real life years of playing this game I don't recall ever not getting an undecided in my vision to not go green with 1 AC scout and 2 HC scout.........if it happened then a 3rd HC scout most assuredly has turned him green. The only time I recall anyone not turning green after that much effort has been when they actually weren't in my vision for that level.
I've had this happen several times in the past month as I took on several new teams at D3.

I would send an AC scout initially. If I liked them I would send 2 HC scout. Several times they stayed undecided so I would send 2 more HC scout. If they stayed undecided - which a few of them did - I just moved on to another recruit.

I probably had 4-5 recruits that I spent a total of 1 AC scout and 4 HC scout that stayed undecided at D3.
7/27/2017 11:11 AM
And my undecided after an HC home visit happened just this past month too.
Never happened before in this game prior to that.
7/27/2017 11:21 AM
Interesting - maybe it is a D3 thing? I seldom play at that level anymore so maybe why I haven't seen it.
7/27/2017 11:24 AM
I am just returning from a very extended break and my buddy and I decided to start off in DIII again. I'm not thinking we will be here long though. But I think it was smart to do while we relearn the mechanics. Especially since the engine has changed dramatically in my time away. When I left 80% of the human coaches were running WB/ND and recruiting was all OL and RB.
7/27/2017 11:29 AM

When I left 80% of the human coaches were running WB/ND and recruiting was all OL and RB.

In my opinion, much better engine overall. You can win with almost any approach (assuming you recruit and properly gameplan). That being said, the engine favors passing mostly because a QB with good FIQ will seldom throw an INT whereas fumbles seem to be more of a problem than in previous engines.

Good luck and welcome back.

nitros

7/27/2017 2:39 PM
I'm actually coaching your old Millsaps team Nitros.
7/27/2017 3:49 PM
Nitros didn't know anything when he was at Milsaps :) I kid.
7/27/2017 7:00 PM
Posted by nikhoskins on 7/27/2017 11:29:00 AM (view original):
I am just returning from a very extended break and my buddy and I decided to start off in DIII again. I'm not thinking we will be here long though. But I think it was smart to do while we relearn the mechanics. Especially since the engine has changed dramatically in my time away. When I left 80% of the human coaches were running WB/ND and recruiting was all OL and RB.
the words "my buddy" and "we wont be here long" makes me very leery!!!! If that buddy is Tace, things will be fun again!!!
7/27/2017 8:21 PM (edited)
Im not sure who Tace is. No this is hawkeye25, we played this game the whole time I was deployed as a way to kinda keep in touch. Then one day we just kinda stopped playing. We played Hoops Dynasty too, but I like GD better. Our plan is to have a D1AA team and DII team.
7/27/2017 10:03 PM

I'm actually coaching your old Millsaps team Nitros.

Wow. That brings back some memories. Never could get over the hump with that team. Some good runs, but no NC's.

nitros

7/27/2017 10:20 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Scouted, Offered, Still Undecided Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.