Where HD goes from here... Topic

Posted by kcsundevil on 7/28/2017 10:51:00 AM (view original):
Didn't a world fill with free-season D3 players during March Madness last year? How many stuck around?

Lower the price to $9.95. Worth a shot.
IIRC there was actually a nice influx of new players last winter. I don't have exact numbers but populations at D3 at least doubled. This was during the FREEHD thing they had going on.

I posted on every single conf chat in all the worlds I was in with the link to the scouting/recruiting guide and also sitemailed all new people in my own conference. The results was mostly crickets. One person in my conf replied when I offered help and told me that he only joined because it was free and didn't really have much interest or time to learn the game.

Lower the price and reduce the amount of credits given out to compensate wouldn't be a bad start. I think $4.99 is a good amount.
7/28/2017 11:01 AM
$12.95 isn't a lot of money, but consumer psychology says the extra digit makes it feel like a lot, especially when you'll be asked to pay it every month.

My poll answer was to fix jobs, but pricing is low hanging fruit.
7/28/2017 11:27 AM
Denis, I was one of those players who joined in the winter. The low price is what attracted me. I think lowering the price and lowering the credits would be a great idea. This would make it so even players who aren't elite can still play the game at an affordable rate without having to win. I feel like this would keep new players around.

As for which option I voted for... I think more game planning would benefit the game greatly. Making coaching a bigger part of the game would require coaches to not only be good at recruiting but also at game planning.
7/28/2017 11:34 AM
I wish they would fix the conferences. Nebraska, Maryland, Rutgers, West Virginia, TCU, Utah, Missouri, Texas A&M. I'm sure there are others.

They are at least a decade behind with the current set up.
7/28/2017 12:59 PM
I would like to see D2 and D3 become one single division for recruiting and schedules. You can do that now under 3.0 because even D3 teams can consistantly sign D1 Talent.

Conference Set Ups corrected to a much more recent alignment then is in effect today.
7/28/2017 1:57 PM
From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense that the people who have proven they enjoy and value the game usually play for free because it's easy to consistently make the NT while the newbs face a steep learning curve and then get hit with a $13 bill after a month and a half.

It was hard for me to sell my friend on HD because of the price point but now he loves it. This game is a hidden gem and it will stay that way as long as WIS continues to cloak it with lack of promotion and a steep starting price. They'd honestly make more money if they offered the first three seasons free and reigned in postseason reward credits even a little.
7/28/2017 9:23 PM
Posted by trail on 7/28/2017 9:23:00 PM (view original):
From a business standpoint, it doesn't make sense that the people who have proven they enjoy and value the game usually play for free because it's easy to consistently make the NT while the newbs face a steep learning curve and then get hit with a $13 bill after a month and a half.

It was hard for me to sell my friend on HD because of the price point but now he loves it. This game is a hidden gem and it will stay that way as long as WIS continues to cloak it with lack of promotion and a steep starting price. They'd honestly make more money if they offered the first three seasons free and reigned in postseason reward credits even a little.
For me personally, the satisfaction from an exciting postseason run in the game is far more valuable than the credits.

I agree the credits could be cut back significantly to fund an overall lower price point.
7/28/2017 9:50 PM
Yeah the price and credits makes no sense to me. now that I'm hooked on this game and will play regardless I'm paying LESS than when I started. Does anyone purchase the 5 or 10 season package? Never saw the point of it since buying individual seasons combined with credits earned the previous season is actually a better deal. That makes me a more likely customer to quit since I only buy one season at a time instead of being invested for multiple seasons. The price of the 5 and 10 season packs needs to be reduced.
7/28/2017 11:03 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 7/28/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Yeah the price and credits makes no sense to me. now that I'm hooked on this game and will play regardless I'm paying LESS than when I started. Does anyone purchase the 5 or 10 season package? Never saw the point of it since buying individual seasons combined with credits earned the previous season is actually a better deal. That makes me a more likely customer to quit since I only buy one season at a time instead of being invested for multiple seasons. The price of the 5 and 10 season packs needs to be reduced.
Actually you're far better off buying the 10 package and storing your postseason rewards for the next 10 package. The package reduces the price per season and your rewards are good for a year I believe.
7/28/2017 11:19 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 7/28/2017 11:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 7/28/2017 11:03:00 PM (view original):
Actually you're far better off buying the 10 package and storing your postseason rewards for the next 10 package. The package reduces the price per season and your rewards are good for a year I believe.
Yea that's what I did, bought the 10 pack then stacked up on credits. Was never much because I've never had better then a Sweet 16 run, but it was enough for like 2 free seasons so far. Buying the 10 pack saves you $30 up front so if you're hooked like I am it's worth it. That being said, I think even lowering the price to $9.95 would help because as someone mentioned it just looks like much less without the extra digit. I'm nervous about really pitching the game to my friends because I don't want them thinking I'm crazy spending $13/season lol.
7/29/2017 12:12 AM
Normally, I say a price reduction is a bad idea because I'm not fond of telling businesses what they should charge. I don't go to a steakhouse and say "Yeah, $17.95 is too much for that steak. If you reduce it to $12.95, I'll order. But, since you don't have the authority to do that, gimme a salad." However, if credits were reduced, it would make sense. Assuming, of course, more people would play. I'm not convinced that price is the reason people don't play.
7/29/2017 7:12 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2017 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Normally, I say a price reduction is a bad idea because I'm not fond of telling businesses what they should charge. I don't go to a steakhouse and say "Yeah, $17.95 is too much for that steak. If you reduce it to $12.95, I'll order. But, since you don't have the authority to do that, gimme a salad." However, if credits were reduced, it would make sense. Assuming, of course, more people would play. I'm not convinced that price is the reason people don't play.
Neither am I. People would pay $13 if it was a good product and they knew about it. The problem lies somewhere with the latter two.
7/29/2017 9:41 AM
The question I have on pricing is where are most of their customers currently? A lot of the people posting on some of the links said they were from the Midwest. If that is the case the price needs lowered because of the economy in the Midwest.

If most of their customers are in the economic centers on the East and West coasts the price could work easily into the average budget. I would easily make double/triple my income if my wife, elderly parents, and disabled brothers were willing to move to the East or West coasts.
7/29/2017 12:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/29/2017 7:12:00 AM (view original):
Mike, I disagree a bit here. Steakhouses aren't exactly hurting for customers, so price is not an issue, because the market has determined that $17.95 is not too much for a steak. Personally, the current price point of HD is on the high end, and if not for the credits for success, I would consider backing out. It's not an issue of whether I can afford it, or if it's a good game, but I can spend $15 a month on better things.

I would see no issue reducing reward credits if the price was reduced, but the current price is definitely a contributor imo to entry of new customers, and contrary to popular belief, it's not always because someone can't afford it.
7/30/2017 1:29 AM
Reducing credits is a bad idea. Reducing the price to let new players build something up is solid, like a 5 seasons, 20$ starter kit.
7/30/2017 3:49 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Where HD goes from here... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.