Weird inform a RS effect Topic

I just informed a redshirt to a JUCO, the JUCO was moderate to me before I offered a scholarship, and nobody else was listed. I inform of the redshirt and offer the scholarship in the same cycle, and I disappear off of the considering list. The recruit is a "wants to play" preference and I'm assuming that's what caused it, but WTF, can I put in more effort? Or is he just done? I'm the only guy recruiting him, and I was already at moderate before I offered a scholarship. This is screwed up, in real life this is like a kid saying "I want to play" and the coach saying "no you are not good enough to play we want to take a year off and improve" but then the kid says "ok, I will just not go to college at all then." Because he has no other interest.

Also, on the recruiting-home page I am listed as moderate for him.
7/29/2017 11:21 PM (edited)
1. Yeah, that happens.
2. You can put it more effort, he might budge but most of the guys I have done that to don't.
3. He still might sign but if any one else puts effort in you'll probably lose.
4. The kid has no other interest, yet. He's willing to wait, I think that is super realistic.
7/30/2017 6:20 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/29/2017 11:21:00 PM (view original):
I just informed a redshirt to a JUCO, the JUCO was moderate to me before I offered a scholarship, and nobody else was listed. I inform of the redshirt and offer the scholarship in the same cycle, and I disappear off of the considering list. The recruit is a "wants to play" preference and I'm assuming that's what caused it, but WTF, can I put in more effort? Or is he just done? I'm the only guy recruiting him, and I was already at moderate before I offered a scholarship. This is screwed up, in real life this is like a kid saying "I want to play" and the coach saying "no you are not good enough to play we want to take a year off and improve" but then the kid says "ok, I will just not go to college at all then." Because he has no other interest.

Also, on the recruiting-home page I am listed as moderate for him.
Are you saying there's a bug in the difference between the recruiting home page and the individual player's page?

If the kid wants to play but would have to redshirt at the only college that offers a scholly, he might give up basketball and join theater club instead. The end of your first paragraph assumes too much.
7/30/2017 8:16 AM
I believe it is intentional that a "wants to play" kid will react very negatively - and likely irreversibly - to inform of redshirt - for purposes of the game.
7/30/2017 10:04 AM
I guess in the realm of possibility in real life that is possible that he gives up basketball. That point isn't really that important though, just a small rant.

I am saying there is a bug between the recruiting home page and his considering list, I'm moderate in one and completely off in another.

7/30/2017 10:10 AM
It's almost like you have negative points. As an example; Maybe u had like 80 points of effort and the RS option was an automatic 100 points of negative. So now your sitting at -20?
7/30/2017 11:46 AM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 7/30/2017 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I guess in the realm of possibility in real life that is possible that he gives up basketball. That point isn't really that important though, just a small rant.

I am saying there is a bug between the recruiting home page and his considering list, I'm moderate in one and completely off in another.

This actually sounds like a serious problem.
7/30/2017 12:16 PM
Refresh home page?
7/30/2017 12:19 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/30/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Add it to the list.
7/30/2017 1:15 PM
Posted by all2matt on 7/30/2017 11:46:00 AM (view original):
It's almost like you have negative points. As an example; Maybe u had like 80 points of effort and the RS option was an automatic 100 points of negative. So now your sitting at -20?
I sent in a ticket and it says I am back to 0, not negative, which is a good thing theoretically because that means I just need to put in an AP to be the only guy on his list. I don't think that will be true though, I will probably have to put in more.
8/1/2017 12:44 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 7/30/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):

Yes, depending on how it works out it could be a serious problem for me.

The ticket response doesn't answer what the problem is here.
8/1/2017 12:46 PM
Does it still show the same?
8/1/2017 12:47 PM
Yes
8/1/2017 3:12 PM
"The recruit can have interest in your school and still not consider you.

He was considering you and had interest in you, but the inform redshirt wiped out the recruiting effort that made him consider you.

Thanks."

This is the ticket response, I don't get it completely but it's the best they'll get me.
8/3/2017 3:57 PM
Weird inform a RS effect Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.