TOPIC KILLED Topic

Posted by milest on 8/6/2017 2:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
You can come back tomorrow and if it is 24 hours later, you will also have a substitute pick. Not going to be difficult or anything, it is just how it is. If larryspader posted a pick in the next 5 minutes it wouldn't be a valid one. We have to have some mechanisms for keeping the draft moving.

I truly am sorry that the guy you wanted got picked though. It happens though.
If I get skipped, you'll have to find a new owner to take my team
You're the one holding up the whole draft. First it was Larry, now it's you. You want to be that guy? Fine, but it's your fault. All right? I just want to make sure we're clear on that.
8/6/2017 2:56 PM
Posted by milest on 8/6/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I not 'making it quite dramatic'- you're the one who is skipping a rookie drafter who's time slot isn't up yet, when u stated to just relax over the weekend wand be ready next week. The last thing we need to do is alienate new players by slipping them. They'll never come back, and we need them... It's not far to Larry. It isn't fair to me.. If I'm 'being dramatic' for doing what is right, then so be it.. Come back tomorrow
Have to agree not on the clock means just that

and if he doesn't show up tomorrow he should be skipped
8/6/2017 2:56 PM
And didn't u state earlier that you would ONLY make replacement picks for owner in the 1st round???? And didn't u say it would be the highest salaried player??? See what I mean about just making **** up as u go?
8/6/2017 2:58 PM
Posted by eleibowitz on 8/6/2017 2:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by milest on 8/6/2017 2:48:00 PM (view original):
I not 'making it quite dramatic'- you're the one who is skipping a rookie drafter who's time slot isn't up yet, when u stated to just relax over the weekend wand be ready next week. The last thing we need to do is alienate new players by slipping them. They'll never come back, and we need them... It's not far to Larry. It isn't fair to me.. If I'm 'being dramatic' for doing what is right, then so be it.. Come back tomorrow
Have to agree not on the clock means just that

and if he doesn't show up tomorrow he should be skipped
Exactly
8/6/2017 2:59 PM
How is replacing him as an owner more fair than skipping him?
8/6/2017 3:08 PM
The only fair thing to do is wait until his spot on the clock is up.. That's what it is there for. He might have had an emergency, you never know.. He might be aware of the draft, but be in the hospital or something.. The 2 islands south of mine do not have any power right now- things like that happen...
8/6/2017 3:11 PM
Haha this is INSANE! FWIW I'm with milest and eleibowitz. I think we need to wait until his draft slot. If he hasn't made a pick by then, it's certainly on him at that point.
8/6/2017 3:12 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):
I sent a sitemail to three owners to get their feedback, because I agree with the last point milest made (re: what I said earlier) but it also leaves us stuck in a pickle:

1) larry probably isn't going to show up. He hasn't check sitemails for a couple days now. He has entirely halted the draft at this point.
2) Not sure an owner is going to want to take on his team given how ****** his second round pick is.
3) If we just start skipping him that exacerbates the issue and makes the whole thing worse.

Once I hear from them, I can offer some sort of decision I guess.
I'd be willing to take on his team and pick for him.
8/6/2017 3:12 PM
Also, robusks post with the player name needs to be deleted, as do mine and any quoting them.
8/6/2017 3:13 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2017 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by davidghall81 on 8/6/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Haha this is INSANE! FWIW I'm with milest and eleibowitz. I think we need to wait until his draft slot. If he hasn't made a pick by then, it's certainly on him at that point.
Right, except an already troubled team will be made worse my getting skipped... making it less likely we can get a replacement owner and making his individual situation worse if he ever does show back up.
I'd take it
8/6/2017 3:15 PM
I have been a part of many drafts over 10 years. I have never been skipped nor been confused as to the draft order. Both have happened here with me and several others in this draft.
8/6/2017 5:18 PM (edited)
Lol, I'm just curious which one I am... The always disagree with, the sometimes, or the never...
8/6/2017 5:18 PM
And btw half hour draft slots are just a bad idea for any future drafts.
8/6/2017 5:35 PM
Posted by robusk on 8/6/2017 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pointfwd on 8/6/2017 5:08:00 PM (view original):
I have been a part of many drafts over 10 years. I have never been skipped nor been confused as to the draft order. Both have happened here with me and several others in this draft.
Yeah you mentioned that. I suspect one of the reasons is that since you were added to the league late, I realized I didn't have you on the SiteMail list at first. That was my bad and probably part of the problem.

But if there is anything confusing about the order that isnt isn't apparent to me, I'd be happy to add any clarification that would be helpful. Just let me know, I don't want any owner to feel misinformed.
Aug 7 @ 15.30 is pretty clear, until it changes to any random time on the 6th because we dont want to wait until Aug 7 @ 15.30

Sorry but that is some craziness. Advise you if you want to have a successful draft in the future, just dont do that!

Being commish aint easy though! Hope the rest of the draft goes ok...thx.
8/6/2017 5:45 PM
Robusk, I couldn't care less if you or someone else finds me annoying for doing what is right
8/6/2017 6:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
TOPIC KILLED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.