Add to the list.... Topic

UMass, Boston is listed 2nd in the standings. UMass, Dartmouth is the 2 seed in the CT.

C'MON!!!!!
7/30/2017 8:56 PM
Yep, it's not always listed in order in the final standings and doesn't reflect in the conference tournament seedings
7/30/2017 9:14 PM
It's not even consistent. At first glance, you think "alphabetical". But S.Maine and MCLA were also tied. S.Maine is the 4, MCLA is the 5. Not alphabetical.
7/30/2017 9:22 PM
I guess it's never really been that important for me to investigate. But for reasons unknown I am curious now. Maybe it's record then RPI for the visible standings where there is a different set of criteria, such as head to head, for the conf. tourney.
7/30/2017 9:43 PM
We split head to head meetings. I dont get what the tie breaker formula is. But I'm content with being #3, I have better odds of winning a few matches compared to a 2 seed.
7/30/2017 9:47 PM
It's not RPI. It's not an "OMG!!! FIX THIS!!!!" thing but it's annoying. Like "WCSU wins going away 53-87" is annoying.
7/30/2017 9:48 PM

Mike, the following is from the FAQ:

Q: How are the seeds determined for the Conference Tournament? What are the tiebreakers?

Two-way Tie (2 teams in the same division conclude the regular season with the same conference record)

1. Regular season head-to-head results (one game or two). If the tied teams split their two games, then proceed to Step #2 below.
  2. Overall record. If the tied teams had identical overall winning percentages, then proceed to Step #3 below.
  3. RPI ranking
So, in our situation we had to go to #3 and I have the higher RPI.
7/30/2017 9:59 PM
Yes but that's not my gripe. You're listed third in the standings but you're the 2 seed. That's dumb.
7/31/2017 7:09 AM
Yeah. I'm not sure what the logic is. He has been listed ahead of me all season when we have been tied even though I have been ahead based on these tiebreakers.
7/31/2017 8:08 AM
Add to the list.... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.