Both of these are new to me.
1. Stony brook in knight got to high on a player and still had 0 percent chance to win. Any idea why this would be?

2. As a d3 school I put 1 attention point into a player the first cycle of recruiting and came back as moderate while a d2 team came back as low. Since he couldn't have put in less than 1 ap it leads me to believe my d3 team in this case has more power than the d2 team. Obviously preferences play a part in this but I haven't seen this before. Has anyone else?

thanks in advance.
7/30/2017 11:22 PM
For #1 my guess would be that the team that was high never offered a scholarship.

For #2 both teams most likely only gave 1 AP and the D3 team has a preference advantage that outweighed the division prestige advantage.
7/30/2017 11:28 PM
Stony brook offered a scholarship and had openings.
7/30/2017 11:31 PM
#1 floors me and I'm at a loss. I think tgblackw has #2 nailed, although if a JUCO player possible also that a previous season's effort lingered for the D3 team. (ETA -- guess that wouldn't be the case here since you said you were the D3 team and would likely know if you'd gone after the kid in a prior season...)
7/30/2017 11:49 PM
I have never seen a team listed at high and less than 10% but throwing out a wild idea. Is it possible that we see the rounded off percentages and not the whole percentage?

Example- Stonybrook has a 0.46 percent chance of winning and the sim rounds the percentage off to 0%
7/31/2017 1:16 AM (edited)
For #1, was there a bunch of teams at h/vh? I think only the top 5 get a chance.
7/31/2017 5:48 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/31/2017 5:48:00 AM (view original):
For #1, was there a bunch of teams at h/vh? I think only the top 5 get a chance.
What I was thinking. Only time I've seen a High not get in the dice roll.
7/31/2017 6:24 AM
Ahh that's it. There were five other teams. Didn't know there was a cut off. Thanks guys.
7/31/2017 8:24 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.