Cost Structure Proposal Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 7/31/2017 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Your idea of "better" is not the same as everyone else's.

Most of you fail to understand that.
What is the population of everyone else? The current population suggests otherwise. Even if we say new users have no basis to compare this to the old game, what's to say that "most" new users this this version is even good, or if they had knowledge of the previous game, would consider it better?
7/31/2017 8:36 PM
I don't speak for EVERYONE. I'm saying that there's really only ONE issue EVERYONE(excluding spud) agrees would make a better game. The considering list. I complained about downtime, which there's a lot and I thought EVERYONE would agree. Someone said "You're just mad you didn't go further in the tourney. Get a 2nd team." It wasn't spud. That's a great recruiting tool for owners on the fence. "Get another team."
8/1/2017 6:37 AM
It was Spud who said to get another team if you don't like downtime.

Spud
8/1/2017 7:49 AM
Well, **** me, spud chimed in on that one too. So maybe EVERYONE, except spud, agrees on two issues. But that's definitely it.

I think someone else said the same. Maybe it was in conference chat.

8/1/2017 8:30 AM
I think it was mully? which would mean mully agreed with spud on an issue, which means the world is ending!

i hate the downtime, too, mike. really hate it. a couple days could be shaved off with zero consequences and thus more $$ for WIS so it's really nonsensical.

i don't want more teams. i know some people love having 5-10 teams, whatever, but when they are all playing simultaneously it's too much for me to enjoy. it just becomes a chore. i don't know the players, i mix the teams up, i forget about recruiting deadlines, i forget to gameplan, etc. not for me.
8/1/2017 10:38 AM
hippo speaks the truth...both about the downtime being too long and about having too many teams being a chore. If I have more than a few teams, I lose focus and all of my teams suffer.

Has WIS even commented about reducing the downtime? There is almost three weeks between the conference tourney and the start of the next non-conference. That is brutal.
8/1/2017 10:51 AM
The amount of downtime is a total bummer.
8/1/2017 4:21 PM
The downtime between seasons is the worst.
8/1/2017 8:17 PM
I'd like to see sportshub do something to the cost structure like I proposed here.
8/24/2017 7:46 PM
I think they would lose a lot of money at that low of a rate. I think the Idea would be to have a new user have to invest $9.99 for a three season starter pack. By the end of the third season, hopefully they will have some investment in their team mentally, because their team will start to be getting good.

Then I think
Single season $9.99
5 Pack $39.99
10 Pack $69.99

And reduce the bonus cash.

I think they are probably already going to start running ads for their other products.
8/25/2017 8:29 PM
I would not expect any big changes. Take over, make big changes is not a good business plan. Slow, incremental change so the userbase hardly notices.
8/26/2017 7:38 AM
"3) Change 10 pack price to be heavily discounted. $29.99 for 10 seasons."

Wouldn't you just be creating a lot of ghost ships?
8/26/2017 12:03 PM
Downtime sucks. Had a new user join my ghost conference. At the beginning of the conference tournament, he told me that he was planning on rebuilding his team. He was eliminated in the first round of the CT. By the time renewal time came around, he wasn't active and he went bye-bye. Sad to see someone lose interest but the time span was so long. There's gotta be something done to retain the attention of new users after their crappy Simmy teams are eliminated..
8/27/2017 4:42 PM
Exhibition games. Even if it's your team vs your team. When you have to wait two weeks for anything, you lose interest.
8/27/2017 4:49 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 8/25/2017 8:29:00 PM (view original):
I think they would lose a lot of money at that low of a rate. I think the Idea would be to have a new user have to invest $9.99 for a three season starter pack. By the end of the third season, hopefully they will have some investment in their team mentally, because their team will start to be getting good.

Then I think
Single season $9.99
5 Pack $39.99
10 Pack $69.99

And reduce the bonus cash.

I think they are probably already going to start running ads for their other products.
I like the idea of $9.99 for a starter pack. But I think $10 per season is still too much.

They won't lose a lot of money if the price is low as long as you get more people. Currently D3 is max 75 users (Phelan is 57). Get that number to over 125 and it will still be profitable.
8/27/2017 6:54 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Cost Structure Proposal Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.