Cost Structure Proposal Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 8/27/2017 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Exhibition games. Even if it's your team vs your team. When you have to wait two weeks for anything, you lose interest.
It's not just a matter of losing interest. I almost need to mark a calendar to remind me when to start recruiting 2nd session. That's insane.
8/27/2017 7:00 PM
I don't 100% agree with all of these (would tweak a few small details), but I'm on board with this over the current model.
4/26/2018 12:13 PM
Benis - can you pick one of your worlds and run the economics to see the net change in the income for WIS?

I could do it....but its your proposal and I know you love spreadsheets.
4/26/2018 1:01 PM
I think your model is pretty solid, at least better than what we have currently. I know as a relatively new player that the $12.95 price tag can look a little daunting, especially after that first season full of simmy recruits. Obviously it is different for me since this provides a lot of my entertainment and I have disposable income, but it isn’t the same for everyone.
4/26/2018 1:05 PM
I think that in D3, the credits/rewards should go away after a user has spent 5 total seasons in HD (across all worlds). The credits will be there for newbies (and I guess for 2nd usernames) to encourage them to stick around, but would not be transferable and would go away after they had established themselves.

To combat the downtime, I have previously proposed the Basketball Invitational Tournament, an equivalent to the CBI/CIT. The top 64 human teams that did not qualify for either the NT or PIT would qualify, with the top SIMs filling out any remaining spots. There would be no credits/rewards, it would not impact prestige, it would be meaningless except for appearing on a coach's resume and school's history page. But it would give human coaches a reason to log in every day.
4/26/2018 1:49 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/26/2018 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Benis - can you pick one of your worlds and run the economics to see the net change in the income for WIS?

This would be fairly hard/impossible due to the fact that successful coaches pay little to nothing to play this game due to the credits racked up from NT runs.
4/26/2018 1:58 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/26/2018 1:58:00 PM (view original):

This would be fairly hard/impossible due to the fact that successful coaches pay little to nothing to play this game due to the credits racked up from NT runs.
I've always wondered how a business model works when the most interested and dedicated customers pay nothing to play.

It's the equivalent of running a sandwich shop and handing out a coupon to your best customer that says, "Buy 1 premium sandwich, get 5 sandwiches free."
4/26/2018 2:52 PM

I can't get exact but I can probably get close enough to make a decent conversation.

I'm traveling right now so I'll have to work on it later but I'll give it a shot.
4/27/2018 12:03 PM

It actually doesn’t matter WHO gets credits since the amount of credits is the same no matter what.
4/27/2018 1:15 PM
Yeah, but there are guys that can use credits from another team to pay for their seasons in other worlds.
4/27/2018 2:10 PM
I really like Chapel's idea of the packs. When I started it was 2.0 and I really enjoyed it, but I was able to win my conference championship my first year. Now, as others have said, it's impossible to win early. Maybe improve the mentoring system, like automated emails to new users who are afraid to reach out. The only reason i quit originally was due to real life, then I forgot about the game for a long time. Downtime is another huge issue.

As far as forgetting when recruiting starts, I do too, that's why I write the date in the note section. Easy fix.
4/27/2018 4:15 PM
An added thought, why not just have a timeline at the top of the main page, I think GD does that
4/27/2018 4:19 PM
Posted by billscnb on 4/27/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
An added thought, why not just have a timeline at the top of the main page, I think GD does that
The HD World Schedule is head and shoulders above the GD timeline.
4/27/2018 9:14 PM
I quickly ran some rough numbers for current HD pricing vs my proposal. I basically just compared constant state pricing side by side and didn't include HD's current $4.95 season or it's FREEHD season nor did I include the BOGO suggestion. I also assumed max credits were given out every season - meaning that all 64 teams in the NT were humans - which obviously doesn't happen but it's technically possible.

I used Iba's current population numbers of

D1- 95
D2- 72
D3- 78

After factoring in cost per season and credits given out, Iba will make $1,839 this season. Again - forget about people using credits on this particular season. This is meant to show how much money is actually coming in based upon it's cost structure.

Using those same population numbers, my proposal would net $517.

But Benis, that's way less money!!! What a stupid suggestion!

Hold on dummy. You're missing the entire point. The idea is to gain users. I went back and looked at the average users in Iba from the start of HD and up until right before 3.0 launched. Ya know, when there were actually a lot of people playing this game. The AVERAGE # of users per division in Iba is

D1- 152
D2- 153
D3- 196

Using these increased population numbers which is obviously obtainable we now are at $1,709 per season. Looking better but still not quite at current revenue levels. So here's the Craaaaaazy idea that comes with this cost change proposal... you open two worlds - a one a day and a two a day when you launch the new cost. 10 worlds operating at Iba population numbers and with current cost structure gets you $18,390 per season and 12 worlds operating at Iba average population at my proposal gets you $20,508 per season. And obviously a new 2 a day world is even more attractive since those seasons turn over faster.

Then of course, you continue to build the user base, continue to open up new worlds, get more users, open more worlds. It's such a crazy business plan, it just might work.
4/30/2018 7:08 PM (edited)
I will say that the 10 seasons for $20 is probably too cheap. Maybe just do that for specials or on a holiday or something.
4/30/2018 7:05 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
Cost Structure Proposal Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.