Recruiting Advice for DIII Coach Topic

Posted by kaw_86 on 8/2/2017 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jaxorbetter on 8/1/2017 6:15:00 PM (view original):
The aejones "how to win at d2/d3" thread that's pinned at the top of the forums is still worth reading.
Definitely. It's great and I read it several times before I began and a couple since. He doesn't mention recruiting above your division, which is where I missed the mark.
That's mostly because recruiting when he wrote that is not the same as recruiting now. When he wrote that, upper division recruiting was limited. Upper division recruiting was tied to pull downs or drop downs where a player had to be willing to be recruited by a lower division school, and lower division schools had to have enough prestige to even see some of those players. The only players who were able to be brought down were maybe the lower 20-30% (very rough estimate) of DI players for DI, and probably the same for DII down to DIII. DIII schools recruiting DI players was fairly non existent if even possible.
8/2/2017 7:34 PM
Posted by poncho0091 on 8/2/2017 7:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kaw_86 on 8/2/2017 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jaxorbetter on 8/1/2017 6:15:00 PM (view original):
The aejones "how to win at d2/d3" thread that's pinned at the top of the forums is still worth reading.
Definitely. It's great and I read it several times before I began and a couple since. He doesn't mention recruiting above your division, which is where I missed the mark.
That's mostly because recruiting when he wrote that is not the same as recruiting now. When he wrote that, upper division recruiting was limited. Upper division recruiting was tied to pull downs or drop downs where a player had to be willing to be recruited by a lower division school, and lower division schools had to have enough prestige to even see some of those players. The only players who were able to be brought down were maybe the lower 20-30% (very rough estimate) of DI players for DI, and probably the same for DII down to DIII. DIII schools recruiting DI players was fairly non existent if even possible.
Gotcha. Good to know :D
8/3/2017 10:16 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Recruiting Advice for DIII Coach Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.