The greatest owner in HBD Topic

Posted by trevnasty on 8/3/2017 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by frymaster99 on 8/2/2017 8:19:00 PM (view original):
So what do you call the owner who takes down his two best regular season teams in the playoffs?
My man...
:)
8/3/2017 9:54 PM
So what do you call the owner who takes down his two best regular season teams in the playoffs?
Lucky.
8/8/2017 11:25 AM
Posted by panolo on 8/8/2017 11:25:00 AM (view original):
Lucky.
Trayvon doesn't know what that word means.
8/9/2017 10:52 PM
To be honest, ab90 was in my world Just a Bit Outside (previously Ott), and took over a team that had tanked for at least 8 consecutive seasons. The previous owner had been called out multiple times for tanking before suddenly walking away just as the farm system had gotten so bloated that they weren't able to protect all these insanely good prospects in Rule 5. He also joined another world I was participating in, realized it wasn't performing the way he wanted it to, and left in the middle of the season so that his record wouldn't be dinged. It's also no coincedence that he has chosen to walk away from his franchise now in JaBO since they are no longer winning WS titles.

This offseason while recruiting new users to JaBO, I became aware that users are buying teams from other users with real-life money (coincendentally with a report that ab90 was trying to solicit $20 at one point for somebody to take over his JaBO franchise). I don't know for certain the circumstances of how ab90 got his team in Ott (now JaBO), but it seems awfully strange that someone would pay money/use credits to tank for 8+ consecutive seasons just to leave as the fruit became ripe.

At one point, he stated that WIS had invited him to give a speech/interview about his success, so you may be able to contact somebody there to find footage or a transcript of that piece. He also supposedly is on an episode of Fox's Super Human doing something with Mike Tyson. This is all according to him.

He may well be very intelligent and gifted at this game. I can only speak of my observations of him and my experiences with him.
8/15/2017 11:57 AM
NOBODY is that talented at the game. There's certainly more to the story, but frankly it doesn't matter enough to bother looking into it. He's either cherry picking the right situations or an alias. Probably both because even cherry picking would still result in mistakes for a new owner.
8/15/2017 12:46 PM

He recently joined the "Camp/1530 Homer" World that is in season 2 if you want to make your own observations, you can follow along.

I will spare you guys the long story that I have to share about his recent one season run he had in Glavine 300 where some of the vet owners rolled out the red carpet for him to rejoin the league for one season. Let's just say that the behavior was similar to the above two posts -- took over a team that was already ultra talented, sent out many lopsided trades, one was vetoed due to it being super tilted in his favor and that trade was done with a newb owner that is no longer playing the game.

Edit: And...left after one season (Won title).
2/17/2020 4:18 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
The greatest owner in HBD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.