Posted by bakerbarnett on 8/2/2017 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/2/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bathtubhippo on 8/2/2017 11:02:00 AM (view original):
they won't even fix the considering list bug, so there's no way they are going to do this exhibition stuff which would require some effort and multiple changes on different parts of the site/game. cutting a single day or even two days is something i could actually see happening since it would actually make money for WIS and require only the slightest code update.
Do you have a programming background?

I do. And while I'm not familiar with the actual WIS software coding practices, I can say that the exhibition changes likely would not be as onerous as you seem to be implying.
The point is that they haven't even updated the national champions page in 12 seasons and counting, something which should require no coding, so any coding at all is very unlikely to happen.
I don't believe anything will happen. Just spitballin'.
8/2/2017 12:40 PM
What are they working on?
8/2/2017 1:39 PM
Posted by zorzii on 8/2/2017 1:39:00 PM (view original):
What are they working on?
Have you seen how much time they spend posting under the handle "Mike T23"?
8/2/2017 2:40 PM
Yeah, we're just waiting til you play out your credits and quit. Then we'll address EE.
8/2/2017 3:34 PM
Make job change and new signups 1 session
8/2/2017 3:41 PM
Make job change and new signups 1 session
8/2/2017 3:41 PM
None. Downtime is great as is.
8/2/2017 3:51 PM
The problem with shortening sign-ups and such is you're saving a day. You still have that extended time between CT elimination and RS2 if you didn't make the NT. And most n00bs aren't making the NT in their first season.
8/2/2017 3:53 PM

Downtime is okay with me because it lets me focus on my other worlds and teams.

For the sake of discussion I will say- Make a tournament challenge where every player in that world can compete for picking who will win the NT at their divisional level prior to the tournament starting. Points offered in each round. Small reward to the winner. Encourages players to follow the tournament on their level in their world through to the end.
8/2/2017 7:23 PM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/2/2017 9:10:00 AM (view original):
The problem is Recruiting Period 2 pointlessly adding an additional three days.
Maybe they should double down and make session 2 occur during the beginning of the next season, so you can't actually get your own recruit for 2 seasons.
8/2/2017 7:47 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.