after ~130,000 SIM games Topic

I think I just had my best pitching performance ever. We all know we can go seasons upon seasons without a no-hitter by a pitcher. Perfect games are obviously rarer. So what happens today at Citizens Bank Park? I'm playing in CarlosVal's $80m "RANDOM WALK through HISTORY" theme league. It's a great theme and one I enjoy participating in regularly. Check it out next time it's posted.

Anyhow, my 1903 Tully Sparks of the Phillies tossed what I believe may be the best game I've seen during my duration on this site (May 2003). I always peruse the scores and, if interesting, dig deep into the box score's play-by-play. I noticed a 1-0 win and therefore dug deeper. What I saw was a 76 pitch perfect game by Sparks. 13 ground ball outs and 14 fly ball outs. No strikeouts, but no anything else either. 76 freaking pitches to record 27 outs. Anybody remember a similar performance?
8/4/2017 2:56 PM (edited)
76 pitches is pretty good, but doesn't come close to matching the real life record for fewest pitches to record 27 outs:

Red Barrett, 58 pitches, August 10, 1944 (1 hour and 15 minute game)
8/2/2017 6:27 PM
True that, but old Red gave up two hits.... I like the perfect game aspect! Thanks for posting.
8/2/2017 7:34 PM
" 23 ground ball outs and 14 fly ball outs. "
was 23 a typo for 13? or did this go extra innings, sorry if I am confused...

Great outing for sure ... incredible even
8/4/2017 1:49 PM
typo, good catch and have edited. 23 gb outs should have been 13.
8/4/2017 2:55 PM
after ~130,000 SIM games Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.