Re Blitzing: I sent in question to CS Topic

Posted by WIS_Support on 8/4/2017 1:47:00 PM (view original):
What we told mojolad is correct. There will not always be a description of a blitz in the play-by-play when the defense runs a blitz.
Can't that be fixed so it does show up?
8/4/2017 3:04 PM
What we told mojolad is correct. There will not always be a description of a blitz in the play-by-play when the defense runs a blitz.
What good is the play-by-play if it doesn't tell you accurately what's going on with the play? It's just useless fluff.
8/4/2017 4:41 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 8/4/2017 4:41:00 PM (view original):
What good is the play-by-play if it doesn't tell you accurately what's going on with the play? It's just useless fluff.
Yeah, either Support is wrong or the PBP is useless. Blitz info is at least as important as the formation itself.
8/4/2017 5:07 PM
Ill buy a season for first person that can find a blitz play where it is not shown in play by play.

Pretty easy... call blitz 100% of time and find a play that doesn't show it.
8/4/2017 6:10 PM
Posted by livemike on 8/4/2017 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Ill buy a season for first person that can find a blitz play where it is not shown in play by play.

Pretty easy... call blitz 100% of time and find a play that doesn't show it.
OK I'm gonna claim to win my own offered season here.

Support is gonna say that even though a blitz wasn't called at the snap of ball... that doesn't mean that a LB or DB that is not occupied in coverage won't blitz later as the play develops.

To prove this as correct, suppose wejust need to find a sack by a LB or DB on a play that didn't state blitz in the play by play.

Also, if this is correct. It's doesn't apply to the original question of 20% blitzers, because the 20% blitzers are players that blitz at the snap. Not blitzers that come late no involved in coverage.
8/4/2017 7:58 PM
What about all those hidden blitzes that did NOT create a sack or interception or anything else ? Just cause you blitz don't mean it's gonna be effective.
How would you tell if a blitz was on that play if it didn't say it was a blitz ? For example if it say qb passes to WR A . Incomplete. How do you know if it was a blitz or not ?
8/4/2017 8:22 PM
One addendum I must add is, after re reading this thread from the beginning , I am ready to "Get Blitzed" .
8/4/2017 8:25 PM
Posted by mojolad on 8/4/2017 8:22:00 PM (view original):
What about all those hidden blitzes that did NOT create a sack or interception or anything else ? Just cause you blitz don't mean it's gonna be effective.
How would you tell if a blitz was on that play if it didn't say it was a blitz ? For example if it say qb passes to WR A . Incomplete. How do you know if it was a blitz or not ?
Well, we're really just looking for one single play to show what support said is correct.

Unless you're gonna claim that hidden blitzes exist, but they NEVER create a sack?
8/4/2017 8:47 PM
Posted by blitziscomin on 8/3/2017 9:04:00 PM (view original):
One of the first lessons I learned in my playbooks is I either have a 100% or 0% setting for everything. This eliminates the chance of the sim messing up.

If I have a run formation it is 100% run 0% pass. I will also have a pass formation that is 100% pass and 0% run. I can put both of those in the playbook as a 1st and 10 option and see the frequency the sim chooses the pass vs. run, but that is about as much as I want to leave up to the sim to choose for me.

As for blitzing ---- you either blitz or you don't. I agree with Lyonzfan that CS is wrong on this. There is no hidden blitz. The hidden blitz is in the land of unicorns and bigfoot --- not pretend football players.
Which lb do you put in the spot for blitzing? Higher tackling or speed?
8/4/2017 11:50 PM
I have believed for years that the outcomes are pre determined by the engine and the PBP is fluff for the box score junkies.
8/5/2017 12:12 AM
We know.
8/5/2017 12:59 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 8/5/2017 12:59:00 AM (view original):
We know.
We know you're a cheater gt.
8/5/2017 9:30 AM
OK I'm gonna claim to win my own offered season here.

Support is gonna say that even though a blitz wasn't called at the snap of ball... that doesn't mean that a LB or DB that is not occupied in coverage won't blitz later as the play develops.

To prove this as correct, suppose wejust need to find a sack by a LB or DB on a play that didn't state blitz in the play by play.

Also, if this is correct. It's doesn't apply to the original question of 20% blitzers, because the 20% blitzers are players that blitz at the snap. Not blitzers that come late no involved in coverage.
8/5/2017 9:52 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 8/5/2017 12:59:00 AM (view original):
We know.
What happens to WIS Support when the bored summer intern goes back to college in a couple of weeks? Who will read the forums?

for mojo....lol...
8/5/2017 10:16 AM
Gotta send that shark to the dentist for some implants :>
8/5/2017 12:56 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Re Blitzing: I sent in question to CS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.