Re Blitzing: I sent in question to CS Topic

Posted by genuvar on 8/16/2017 2:32:00 PM (view original):
How would you know if the play by play doesn't tell you?
Set 100% blitz on a part of a down/distance game plan and look for plays where blitz isn't indicated? I don't know how else you would do it.
8/16/2017 2:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by livemike on 8/16/2017 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Just find a play that doesn't indicate blitz but a LB or DB gets a sack.

"That was a coverage sack."
8/16/2017 5:14 PM
Y'all have to wrap your heads around the fact that the outcome is determined by the engine. Then the PBP is generated to keep us interested. That's why all the late minute onside kicks and PR and KR returns happen for the underdogs. They still lose, but OMG, it is still entertaining. Take my observation for what it's worth. I do think I have proven that I have a grip on this simulation.
8/16/2017 8:45 PM (edited)
Posted by robust_trex on 8/16/2017 8:45:00 PM (view original):
Y'all have to wrap your heads around the fact that the outcome is determined by the engine. Then the PBP is generated to keep us interested. That's why all the late minute onside kicks and PR and KR returns happen for the underdogs. They still lose, but OMG, it is still entertaining. Take my observation for what it's worth. I do think I have proven that I have a grip on this simulation.
Purely observational and not based on hard stats. But I think you are correct here.
8/16/2017 9:48 PM
Livemike... Love your spunk, but my point is, fluff is fluff in the PBP, blitzing or returning. Irrelevant to the predetermined outcome..... Mojo.....Amen bro, it's all been nothing but observational for the last 10 real years of simulated Gridiron Dynasty.
8/16/2017 11:25 PM
Although not perfect, the PBP gives very good information in certain areas in my opinion. Yes, it is simply a written outcome of the play as determined by the computer engine.

Good luck.

nitros
8/17/2017 8:50 AM
Does blitzing actually result in a higher % of sacks? I noticed that when I blitz, if I get a sack the blitzer is likely to get the sack. However, I blitzed every single play for two seasons and I think I actually got fewer total team sacks than when I just let the DL rush the passer, or bring a LB down to the line.

I agree with Robust_Trex. For every play, there are not 22 different AI's performing a football play based on the settings we choose. If I tell my team to blitz 100% of the time, then I'm sure there is a blitz modifier added to the play 100% of the time. A computer program doesn't know to do otherwise, it doesn't just not add a blitz modifier even though the code said to add the blitz modifier.
8/18/2017 12:24 AM
◂ Prev 1234
Re Blitzing: I sent in question to CS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.