No human contact Topic

Girls. Booze. Fast cars.
8/7/2017 8:56 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 8/7/2017 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/7/2017 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Because they put users in empty conferences?
Because they took away the single biggest incentive to play in full conferences.
Bingo.

Additinally, many have quit.
8/7/2017 10:06 PM
If I'm trying to win a NT I'm playing DII in a deserted area and empty conference.

Let me compare are my two teams:
Weber St is more fun nearly every day of the season. Recruiting is better, gameplanning is more fun and my conference is packed with 9 active coaches.

N.W Nazarene is a heck of a lot more fun the last 3 days of the NT. I'm in a deserted area with pretty much one coach near me (albeit a very nice, good, and friendly one) and we pretty much have the whole west north of San Fran to ourselves. The conference schedule is as boring as crap except the three times a year when I play the other coach.
8/7/2017 10:32 PM
LOL. "I want to play humans but, since they took away conference cash for post-season success, I don't want to be in conferences with humans. Plus, there are only 70-110 humans at each level so it's easy to find conferences that are empty/virtually empty."
8/7/2017 10:32 PM
I've had people accuse me of trying to ruin their conference by joining it.
8/7/2017 10:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/7/2017 8:40:00 PM (view original):
Virtually everyone here says they want to play against human competition. What other incentive is required to play in conferences with humans?
You're grossly exaggerating the number of coaches that want to play against humans now. Case and point, look at Rupp. There's an entire thread dedicated to trying to fill that world, specifically D1. After two seasons of advertising and trying to gain steam the entire world is up a whopping 13 coaches (+13 at D1, -2 at D2, +2 at D3).

For comparison, about 3-4 years ago Wooden was the dominant D3 world in HD. They had 7 super-conferences and a few other half-full ones. When D3 users saw how much fun that was there was a movement to do the same thing in Naismith. Naismith (D3) went from virtually empty to something like 9 super-conferences in just a few seasons. Part of the reason for the influx was the world was so empty it was a race to get your conference to the top and the other part was the incentive to do so-extra recruiting money. In less than 4 seasons Naismith over-took Wooden as the supreme D3 world and that was without a thread on the forums. Further, they remained relatively full (as far as what "relatively full" means in this game) until the update rolled out, then it became a ghost town again.

Long story short not nearly as many people want to play against humans anymore because the motivation/incentive is gone.
8/7/2017 10:49 PM
That's fine. But we should be reading a lot less about "empty conferences", "world populations" and "I want to play other people".

If you, and not specifically you, are simply interested in winning games, populations of 70-110 is great, empty conferences are great and there's really no reason to play humans until you reach the tourney. Seems boring to me but to each his own.
8/7/2017 10:59 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/7/2017 10:38:00 PM (view original):
I've had people accuse me of trying to ruin their conference by joining it.
Well... your name does have the word Trenton in it.
8/7/2017 11:03 PM
I mean, the guy was right, he just had the wrong reason.
8/7/2017 11:27 PM
Someone said something about booze?
8/8/2017 4:15 AM
I guess I like extremes, I have two teams: one in a ghost town with two coaches and the other in a super conf. I can see arguments for both, but I feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of this game by playing humans, win or lose its the only way to measure how good your team really is. Going 25-2 or whatever feels great, but really how GOOD is your team? D3 Simmy doesn't make for great competition since they recruit from the lowest pool.
8/8/2017 11:12 AM
There's nothing to complain about when it comes to empty/full conferences. If you like playing against humans, active conferences exist at every level. If you like steamrolling SIMs, there's a lot of that available too. People just enjoy complaining.
8/8/2017 11:17 AM
That's fair. I'm complaining about people complaining about world populations then finding conferences with no human teams. Although, to be fair, I have not seen any of my recent opponents complain about such things. I just found it odd that the F4 had 3 from ghost towns. But then a light clicked on.
8/8/2017 12:43 PM
Posted by mbriese on 8/8/2017 11:17:00 AM (view original):
There's nothing to complain about when it comes to empty/full conferences. If you like playing against humans, active conferences exist at every level. If you like steamrolling SIMs, there's a lot of that available too. People just enjoy complaining.
I've said many times that complaining about the population numbers doesn't have anything to do with being unable to find other humans to play against.
8/8/2017 1:09 PM
Well, it's FOX's game and, if it shuts down, I'm sure you'll find something else to do. So there should be nothing to complain about wrt world populations.
8/8/2017 1:19 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
No human contact Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.