DEAL 7 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Came in at 184M, and about my 6th choice for ballpark!
8/20/2017 12:02 PM
Posted by SpotSell on 8/19/2017 10:05:00 PM (view original):
There is a way to make it a little longer, without 26 rounds. Just eliminate the pick three rounds, maxing out at 2x per round.
Here is the problem with that. You would need to go to two picks per round adter an ODD round, in order to compensate the end of the draft guys, so that it evens out with the top half of the draft drafting first in the first round.

It would be perfect if you did 14 rounds of one pick per round and then six rounds of two picks per round. That would equal 26 and it would take 20 rounds. But then people in the back half of the draft would ***** that those owners in the ffront half of the draft in round one, would ALSO be picking two per round first. Soooo, we have to figure out a different way to get to 26. But starting the "pick 2X per round in an ODD round makes it imposibble to get to 26 WITHOUT at least one round of 3X per round.

We could do 11 rounds of one pick per round, then six rounds of 2X/round, then one round of 3X/round. That would get everyone to 26. That would also keep the draft at 18 days

We could do 17 rounds of one pick per round, then 3 rounds of 2X/round, and then one round of 3X/round. That would put us at 26 but would take 21 days

OR we could do 15 rounds of one pick per round, then four days of 2X/round, and one day of 3X/round. That knocks a day off and gets us to 26 in 20 days.

Which of those sounds best to you guys?

8/20/2017 5:04 PM
"We could do 17 rounds of one pick per round, then 3 rounds of 2X/round, and then one round of 3X/round. That would put us at 26 but would take 21 days"

THIS is the one that switches which half of the draft goes first when the # of players drafted switches...

Formula needs to be; odd # of rounds (1 player), then odd # of rounds (2 players), then 3 p/round...

OR, just 1 pick p/round, easy-peasey...

DBP
8/20/2017 5:29 PM
What if we did one pick per round for the entire draft, but starting in round 11 the time slots were 15 minutes, instead of 30, so that we could do two rounds in a day. That way we would still do the "on the clock" part of the draft in 17 days.
8/20/2017 6:17 PM
1 pick per round is perfect. I personally find the drafting to be more enjoyable than the actual sim itself.
The two issues I see that hold up the draft are:
1) The off the clock time is far too long. We shouldn't be off the clock for days on end to begin the draft. Once the commish says what day the draft is starting, and you have signed up, you should have the common decency to show up when it's your time. I can understand an initial 24 hours to make sure everyone gets the sitemail, but after that there is no excuse.
2) People saying they need help sitemailing, and then no one seeing that post for a while. We are a little more than 4 and a half months away from 2018, and at this point in human history, everyone should have a cell phone with Internet. You can come to this site as you would on any desktop and sitemail yourself. I'm writing this post right now from my phone. It shouldn't be an issue.
3) Lack of proxies being sent. Most people are good about this, however, there are some who have held up the progression of the draft by not sending proxies even though they know they're going to be up soon. It's okay to have other things going on, but be respectful to the other players by sending a proxy list if you know you can't make it.
Those are just some of my thoughts.
8/20/2017 6:43 PM
"We are a little more than 4 and a half months away from 2018, and at this point in human history, everyone should have a cell phone with Internet. "

Sorry, but I'm quite happy/proud to be one of the last 4 people in the world w/o a cell phone...

And yet I still 'manage'...

DBP
8/20/2017 6:49 PM
"Formula needs to be; odd # of rounds (1 player), then odd # of rounds (2 players), then 3 p/round..."

I beliueve you meant: odd # of rounds (1 player), then EVEN # of rounds (2 players), then 3 p/round..."

In other words, in the example you chose, we would start drafting two after round 17, and then draft an EVEN number of players (SIX) and then three. Unless you mean after round 17 (odd) and then after round 23 (odd). Mevermind, I'm sure thats what you meant. Wbat I mean is an odd # of drafted players, then an EVEN number of drafted players before the 3X round
8/20/2017 11:27 PM
◂ Prev 123
DEAL 7 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.