DEAL 7 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Shocked by a pick? This is the place to say so. Think an owner took a serious reach on a player? This is the place to say so. Can't believe a player feel so far in the draft and someone got a steal? This is the place to comment about it. Want to pimp your teams greatness and your draft acumen? This is the place to brag. Want to gently needle another owner for drafting a bum too early (or all)?....and so on...

You get the picture
8/3/2017 9:16 PM
Okay I'll start us off by pimping my team!

C - RUDY YORK
1B - JEFF BAGWELL
2B - ROGERS HORNSBY
3B - LAVE CROSS
SS - JOE SEWELL
OF - HACK WILSON
OF - PAUL O'NEILL
OF - HARRY RICE
DH - CARLOS DELGADO
BENCH - LANCE BERKMAN
BENCH - PAUL LO DUCA
BENCH - SHANE SPENCER
BENCH - CHONE FIGGINS

SP - DUTCH LEONARD
SP - TOM SEAVER
SP - NOLAN RYAN
SP - STAN COVELESKI
RP - DON McMAHON
RP - TAKASHI SAITO
RP - PAT NESHEK
RP - RANDY JOHNSON
RP - DENNIS RASMUSSEN
RP - ANDY RINCON
RP - HARRY COVELESKI
CL - GREG HOLLAND
8/18/2017 7:34 PM (edited)
The run on stud relievers starts earlier and earlier every draft. Amazing to me!
8/8/2017 1:41 AM
It's all good Craig, I'm sure deuce_deuce will pick!

How's Denver treating you? I'll be there after my youngest graduates high school. She's starting 3rd grade in the fall!
8/8/2017 2:43 AM
I'm frustrated with this long wait as well as this 7th draft has so far been a long process from getting started to now. That is what proxy picks are for. Their are a few among us whom utilize them constantly and my hat is off to you. However, their are also a couple whom apparently never consider it. I'm in total agreement with amerk on this current situation despite the fact that we remain on the clock currently. My mom is currently in ICU after 2 surgeries in 3 days starting this past Friday. I proxied Friday to 4 or 5 owners to avoid any delays on my behalf. More than anything to me it's common courtesy to fellow drafters. As far as moving our drafts along going forward I would love to see us eliminate days from it by going two double picks much sooner. Say round 8, 9 or 10.
8/8/2017 9:36 AM
Men of good will can disagree. While this is the first time for me in this league, I've participated and run more drafts than most people. I love drafts, all sorts of drafts. Personally, I would rather take 26 rounds, one at a time, including stadiums. That would be more fun, more picks = more fun, for me.

I've always wanted to try a draft with two or three minute increments - I think that would be exciting and frantic.

People are always going to miss their time slot picks, nothing you can do about it. Life happens. There are 24 people, and interest in the sim varies from "This is the most important thing I will do today" to "I'm too tired to get off the couch right now." It doesn't mean either is crazy or rude, people are just different and there is nothing that can be done about it.
8/8/2017 9:57 AM
Plenty can be done about it and this forum is one of them. Irregardless of anything changing at least I've aired how I feel and yes men of good will can disagree .
8/8/2017 10:43 AM
This probably won't work

1. 3B John McGraw
2. SS Alex Rodriguez
3. 1B Frank Thomas
4. DH David Ortiz
5. RF Albert Belle
6. LF Carl Yastremski
7. C Mike Piazza
8. CF Ken Griffey Jr
9. 2B Jeff Kent

C Giovanni Soto
3B Dave Hansen
OF Phil Plantier
MIF Rick Auerbach

SP1 Pedro Martinez
SP2 John Smoltz
SP3 Andy Pettite
SP4 Jake Peavy
SP5 Curt Schilling

CL: Lindy McDaniel
RP: Jeff Zimmerman
RP: Dan Quisenberry
RP: Joe Sambito
RP: Tom Niendfurer
RP: Gene Nelson
Mop Up: Bruce Hurst

Dodger Stadium
8/20/2017 11:05 AM (edited)
Posted by roadhouse19 on 8/11/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
This probably won't work

1. 3B John McGraw
2. SS Alex Rodriguez
3. 1B Frank Thomas
4. DH David Ortiz
5. RF Albert Belle
6. LF Carl Yastremski
7. C Mike Piazza
8. CF Ken Griffey Jr
9. 2B Jeff Kent

SP1 Pedro Martinez

No home park yet
Chicks dig the longball.
8/11/2017 6:40 PM
I certainly don't think drafting two and three players in the latter rounds is much of an advantage for those selecting later in the draft, Players are a lot more balanced than the first round or two.
8/16/2017 2:54 PM
Its not a lopsided advantage, but lets face it, its 23 less players to select once it gets back to the top. There are still some quality guys being selected. Plus I am just cranky today.... Being 50 will do that to you.
8/16/2017 3:59 PM (edited)
Posted by SpotSell on 8/8/2017 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Men of good will can disagree. While this is the first time for me in this league, I've participated and run more drafts than most people. I love drafts, all sorts of drafts. Personally, I would rather take 26 rounds, one at a time, including stadiums. That would be more fun, more picks = more fun, for me.

I've always wanted to try a draft with two or three minute increments - I think that would be exciting and frantic.

People are always going to miss their time slot picks, nothing you can do about it. Life happens. There are 24 people, and interest in the sim varies from "This is the most important thing I will do today" to "I'm too tired to get off the couch right now." It doesn't mean either is crazy or rude, people are just different and there is nothing that can be done about it.
Have you ever done that Mother draft? They were around a few years back - those were crazy fast drafts -

8/16/2017 6:21 PM
Posted by uptowngbv on 8/11/2017 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by roadhouse19 on 8/11/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
This probably won't work

1. 3B John McGraw
2. SS Alex Rodriguez
3. 1B Frank Thomas
4. DH David Ortiz
5. RF Albert Belle
6. LF Carl Yastremski
7. C Mike Piazza
8. CF Ken Griffey Jr
9. 2B Jeff Kent

SP1 Pedro Martinez

No home park yet
Chicks dig the longball.
So do deadball pitchers................... these guys wont hit half of their real life HRs.
8/17/2017 1:22 PM
Batting Order:
1) CF Kenny Lofton
2) SS Derek Jeter
3) 1B Lou Gehrig
4) LF Luis Gonzalez
5) RF Manny Ramirez
6) DH Rafael Palmeiro
7) 3B Nolan Arenado
8) C Yadier Molina
9) 2B Roberto Alomar

Bench:
OF Carlos Beltran
UTL Ben Zobrist
C Sandy Leon

Starters:
Mike Scott
John Tudor
Orel Hershiser
David Cone
Tom Glavine

GOAT Bullpen:
Eric Gagne
Dennis Eckersley
Billy Wagner
Zach Britton
Tug McGraw
Robb Nen
Armando Benitez
Mark Melancon
8/18/2017 9:06 PM (edited)
Posted by mpitt76 on 8/16/2017 6:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by SpotSell on 8/8/2017 9:57:00 AM (view original):

Have you ever done that Mother draft? They were around a few years back - those were crazy fast drafts -

I must have missed that
8/17/2017 8:29 PM
123 Next ▸
DEAL 7 COMMENTARY THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.