Player Progression / Development Topic

First of all I just want to thank everyone who has helped me get acclimated to GD so far. I know that in D-3 I am just scratching the surface of the game, but without this community's help, I would be very lost. That being said, I've seen a lot about player potential and work ethic and all that good stuff. I know that my team only practice on gamedays... but where do I go to see player progression and development? In relation, how much should I expect my players to improve? I know that depends on potential, work ethic, PT, etc. but I was just curious on a ballpark. For those of you who played EA's NCAA Football series, (I imagine that was 99% of us), player overall went up by 2s in the offseason. +2 was bad, +4, was average, +6, was good, +8 was great, +10 was almost unheard of. I was wondering what to look for in GD in relation to this.

Lastly, and I feel bad for posing this, but I've read on a few threads that getting a GD "mentor" is not a bad idea. So, I guess I'll put it out there that I'm in the market for one.... Kansas Jayhawk football fan here if that matters.
8/3/2017 11:45 PM
Of course that matters. You need to change your username.
8/3/2017 11:59 PM
Haha can I do that?
8/4/2017 12:05 AM
From what I have seen, it really depends on how much you believe in formation IQ. I forget which HOF coach mentioned this to me, but the rule of thumb was about 4 to 6 pts at key skills and about 15 to 25 for his overall rating. That does depend on playing time as well.
8/15/2017 2:53 PM
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!
8/15/2017 9:40 PM
Player Progression / Development Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.