EES working like prestige Topic

I think the guiding principle here should be to adjust your recruiting strategy - if desired - based on your evaluation of the player, not the big board. WIS wants some surprise element. Whatever we may think of it, that's how it wants players to approach the game. Knowing that, we just can't expect the game to throw any bones here. Players don't need to be listed on a "big board" to decide they're going to try to get paid, in real life and in this simulation. Like the considering list, it's best understood as an outsiders approximation, not a first person narrative of the player's thinking.

Coaches advanced enough to be competitive at the D1 level - the only set of coaches for whom this issue is a concern - should be able to tell the difference between a guy who *could* go vs a guy who could not without depending on the big board. Your 650 OVR backup JR point guard isn't going to declare. Your 775 JR PG who is 90+ in most cores could *possibly* go, especially with a deep run and some post season accolades.
8/11/2017 11:03 AM
You're setting the bar pretty high, pk.

I should also add that I agree with your post.
8/11/2017 11:35 AM
Personally I'd rather use the big board as an indicator to likelihood a player leaves since it does give you a decent idea.

Ive only had one EE so far and he definitely wouldn't have shown up on anyone's radar as "good enough" to leave based upon ratings or position rankings.
8/11/2017 12:34 PM
As long as you're willing to accept that you may be surprised occasionally because it's not updated to account for the postseason, then you'll be fine.
8/11/2017 1:07 PM
well I'm still going to complain about it obviously
8/11/2017 1:37 PM
◂ Prev 1234
EES working like prestige Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.