Redshirting Impact on Dice Roll Odds Topic

I have a few questions about the impact of planning to redshirt a recruit:
  1. Assume there are two teams pursuing a recruit and they are both equally well positioned - same O/D sets, success, distance, coaching tenure, etc. And both teams have put in equal recruiting effort (scholarship, HVs, CV, equal AP, etc.). So both teams would presumably show up as Very High with each having a 50% chance, right? If so, and one team then informed of a redshirt, what would the new odds be? In other words, how much of a hit do you take for the RS? Assume that the player doesn't have a preference for playing time.
  2. Same question as above, but what if the player wants playing time?
  3. What if you are the only team the player is considering, he wants playing time, and then you inform of RS. Will he still be considering you if you have enough recruiting effort invested?
8/7/2017 2:53 PM
1. Sometimes, when you inform of redshirt, they dump you.
2. That's probably the "sometimes" mentioned above.
3. See above.
8/7/2017 4:29 PM
Yep. That much I'm clear on.
8/7/2017 11:18 PM
1. It's significant. Something like a 3 HV penalty.
2.Even more.
3. Yes... I think, I have dropped to zero in this case but not always...I think.
8/7/2017 11:28 PM
Thanks Trenton. I love to RS when I can but there is so much less certainty in recruiting now that it's hard to know when you can get away with RS during recruiting. Of course you can try afterwards, but it's hard to keep a balanced team when you don't know who (if anyone) will accept after the fact. Just trying to rethink redshirting as a strategy in 3.0.
8/8/2017 12:31 PM
I have informed of RS and he had wants to play pref. He dropped to moderate but then after another cycle he was back up to VH and signed. Can't rememeber how much effort I put in but it wasn't mostly AP.
8/8/2017 12:38 PM
Was he a fr or juco, benis? The juco guys I have tried with have pretty much dropped to zero
8/8/2017 1:01 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 8/8/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Was he a fr or juco, benis? The juco guys I have tried with have pretty much dropped to zero
It was a Juco

Also it was D1 to D1. I'd imagine it's probably going to take more to keep a higher level player satisfied with a RS.
8/8/2017 1:06 PM
i believe that players vary in the degree to which inform of RS has a negative effect - some negative for all - big or very big for some
8/8/2017 8:37 PM
Redshirting Impact on Dice Roll Odds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.