Congrats!! Beating spthibodeau is quite a feat anytime. Enjoy the NC!!!
8/9/2017 8:09 PM
my personal opinion. based on like ten seasons. man said recruiting is 3/4 of the game or whatever is probably right

8/9/2017 8:25 PM
Just like in real life, where the labor (that takes an idea and makes it a tangible thing) is worth at least half of every great product a consumer can buy:
Players are worth at least half of your team's total value.

But just like in real life, where labor is useless without the rare genius needed to create the idea of a product,
Possessing the skill to win at a high level is much harder to come by than acquiring good players to staff your roster.
8/9/2017 8:36 PM
use your brain

that's your advice
8/9/2017 8:47 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/9/2017 8:47:00 PM (view original):
use your brain

that's your advice
I was responding to capown's statement: "recruiting is 75% of this game."

But if you got "use your brain" out of it, I suppose that wouldn't hurt anything.
8/9/2017 9:34 PM
Congrats!
8/10/2017 6:39 AM
Great job wargle!! You earned it!!
8/10/2017 9:34 AM
There's a lot of people that don't win NCs no matter what roster they have.. so congrats cause you still had to put together a gameplan and win the games
8/10/2017 10:35 AM
war, don't pretend you didn't stare at that email that WIS sends over recapping the season where it shows you winning the national title! How many times have you clicked on your profile just to see that 1 under National Championships?? LOL. Congrats man! The first one I ever won I tried relaying my happiness to my Wife and she gave me a "can't believe I married this guy" look. HAHA
8/10/2017 2:31 PM
Posted by Linux_Box on 8/9/2017 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Congrats!! Beating spthibodeau is quite a feat anytime. Enjoy the NC!!!
No doubt. That is a helluva win. He is one of the top coaches in the game.
8/10/2017 3:26 PM
Posted by jayhawkgrant on 8/10/2017 2:31:00 PM (view original):
war, don't pretend you didn't stare at that email that WIS sends over recapping the season where it shows you winning the national title! How many times have you clicked on your profile just to see that 1 under National Championships?? LOL. Congrats man! The first one I ever won I tried relaying my happiness to my Wife and she gave me a "can't believe I married this guy" look. HAHA
My wife did the exact same thing....she said, "you are excited about winning a championship in a fake simulation football game?!"

Side note: I also did everything you said several times!!

Congrats again waregl! It is always a pleasure playing against your teams.
8/10/2017 6:36 PM
Congrats waregl72.
The first one is unreal. You recruit, game plan and wonder what makes a difference and what doesn't. When I won my first one (Dlll) I realized it is possible. Still didn't know what I was doing but at least had a title.
Good luck on number 2.
8/10/2017 10:01 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.